Curse of the Necromancer (Closed; Ended)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Curse of the Necromancer (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 178 total)
  • Replies
  • RuCustum
    @rucustum

Yes, here are the top 4, from there everyone else has scores that are realistic.
    ILAM009 has 13,370
    JOSEPOHCS has 11,960
    GORBUG has 4,035
    LWC has 3,315
    Etc…

I looked at the scores, roughly 10-15 minutes after it started.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@RuCustum — Even worse than #1 is the fact that #2 is very high, and #3 isn’t exactly low. You only have to be in the top 3 to spin with 3*. In the past it has taken about 10 friendship essence to re-roll, which might be needed to get a decent award.

Bloon Popster
    @king-piggy

Only played the level with the frankenhog, and it was hard.

I got:

One frankenhog, 918 to target, 409 to others in 3 turns
    One voodoo berserker, 920 to target, heals for 50% damage
    One necromancer, heals for 480 health per turn.

Any tips if this ever happened again?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Anyone have data on how much mastery / how many snoutlings you get for the Frankenpig battle? I still haven’t seen him yet.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@mvnla2 here you go. Just finished making it…

Curse of the Necromancer - Mastery, Snoutlings oh My

Curiously one battle in small gained NO mastery, one battle in Medium gained NO mastery. Oh, yeah, and notice it took *15* spins to get the 750 points in the Large battle. OUCH.

• Corrected a typo and added yet another battle in the above table.
    MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@toothgnasher — Thanks, very interesting. Right now I am only seeing Zombies, and they are hardly worth bothering with.

burbman
    @burbman

I missed the first two hours of this event, and ended up with a leaderboard that I was in first place after just using my first 15+3 stamina. I wonder if those who are getting outrageously high competitors off the bat are ending up playing against Hackers because they are beginning play so quickly after the event starts? So far I have won every event available to me, at times by large margins, so current boards are not set by past results. Nobody on my board is named except for me. Let me know if any of you end up with me on your board, user name Burbman.

filthycasual
    @filthycasual

another random theory:
    Available stamina determines likelihood that you will have the option to play higher cost battles. I tried everything I could possibly think of to reset the map and still had nothing but zombies. Let stamina bar completely fill and there were two frankenpigs to choose from, as well as a necro.

Also I have encountered a bug where I click play and it takes my stamina but game freezes and I cannot play.

I’ve noticed that on an ios device I can keep the game running in background, but on android if the game loses focus it restarts.

Anonymous

@madmike That person named YouLoose was on my leaderboard for Under The Cloud Of Night.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@filthycasual — I was also not getting any Frankenpigs until a short while ago. My stamina bar was completely empty, and I got 2 in a row. Also got a couple of Necromancers, which I hadn’t seen for several hours.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@filthycasual On my iOS iPhone 4s (8.0.2), if Epic loses focus, Epic restarts (and anything spent is lost). On my iPad 2 (7.1.2), state is preserved just fine. Haven’t upgraded my old iPad because it needs 5.8Gb of free space. Yeah… that’s not going to happen.

Will have to check your theory. So far I’ve used 11 stamina drinks to join the last 4 battles, but mastery is inconsistent. Hadn’t accrued enough master for the last “medium” battle to appear. I think it’s really random. In fact, the LARGE battle just popped up, and I have only 2 accrued stamina drinks.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Burbman — Actually, I think the players with high scores at the start are people who played the beta version (see comments on previous pages).
    I’m now #1 on my board. No one else is playing except for Djonny who is now in 3rd place at 2500, but started out at 1640. The person at the bottom of the board might be playing, but that is more likely a typo on my part.

MadMike
    @madmike

@partshade – That’s me xD

Anonymous

@madmike Oh wow. Lol your name is true. I did lose XD. You had WAY more points than me! Was I on your board?

MadMike
    @madmike

@partshade – Don’t remember who I had on the list but yeah I had like 30k points when it ended maybe even more and noone was even close

CrumpledStories
    @crumpledstories

I am having a bit of trouble with the levels, what builds are you guys using for the different levels (specifically 3 and 5 energy). Thanks for any answers!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@crumpledstories — What level are you, what level are your birds, and what level are the opponents?
    I’m level 41; my birds are level 7 and 8 with some complete sets, and the opponents seem to all be level 41. Oh yes, I also have the gold chili, which certainly helps.
    I didn’t have any problems with the Zombie level (3 stamina), and probably used Paladin, Sea Dog and Princess with Yin/Yang set. Takes at most 2 attacks.
    For the Necromancer level (5 stamina), I’ve been using either Paladin or Samurai, Rain Bird with Twin Lightning, and Druid with Yin/Yang.
    I almost always use Yin/Yang with Matilda because it fills up the rage chili faster.
    Have only seen 2 Frankenpigs so far, and they are a lot more difficult. Best to have a lot of potent potions on hand.

CrumpledStories
    @crumpledstories

@mvnla2 Thanks for the help, I am currently level 24 with level 5+ birds. No sets and no sea dog yet I’m afraid. I will try out the set you used for the Necromancer level. Most of the time, my problem is not defeating the pigs, but defeating the pigs at the same time due to their revival ability.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@crumpledstories — All classes of Bomb do significant damage to all with the rage chili. Obviously you want to keep the pigs at comparable health so one doesn’t die several turns before the others. Sometimes you can use Red to attack with the rage chili to bring down the strongest pig to the level of the others. Birds that do continuing damage to all are also good. Good Luck!
    I am curious if your opponents are level 41 like mine, or if they are the same level as you.

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

Anyone else find it interesting that they change the number of stamina drinks to always be only 1. It makes doing the little zombies to farm stamina drinks more useful. I think they are trying to preven stockpiling of stamina.

CrumpledStories
    @crumpledstories

@mvnla2 Thanks again for all your help. The highest level person I am competing with is level 39.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@crumpledstories — Are you saying the pigs’ level is 39 or people on your leaderboard?
    I was asking about the pigs’ level.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 Event stages all scale to your level. I noticed this as I leveled up during the Puzzle and Dragons event, and again during this event on my level 10 account.

I beat the Frankenpig once – Wizard, Bard w/Nightmare set, and Spies, all rank 7. I started the battle by feeding Chuck the chili, and somewhere in there Bard stunned the Frankenpig. Bam, bonus damage from Nightmare! I still had to snarf a ragecake to feed Chuck’s frenzy a second time when Frankenpig was about to attack.

I suppose with my 136k snoutlings I should just buy a ton of ragecakes so I can make Chuck rage every turn.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael — You have 136K snoutlings? Wow! You definitely should keep stocked up on all potions.

Bloon Popster
    @king-piggy

Did anyone get three stars on a frankenpig level without using potions?

There was one time when I finished with full health (due to luck with the bomb’s candy set) but only 2 stars.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Curse of the Necromancer (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 178 total)
  • The topic ‘Curse of the Necromancer (Closed; Ended)’ is closed to new replies.