Cowboy hat and ridiculous bird hat MINUS 20% Defense

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Cowboy hat and ridiculous bird hat MINUS 20% Defense

• So I bought the hat and stupid bird head accessories.

I put them on all of the transformers that they go on – I think it is seven of each. Anyway, NEVER have I had so much damage done. It seems that when wearing these two little bonus items, that the first full heart of damage will occur on whatever missile, blast, or kami-kaze occurs first. I am level 495. The megatrons have been nearly indestructible for years. Now with the stupid hat, they both suffer a full heart damage right off the bat. This seems to apply to a bunch of used-to-be-pretty-tough characters.

So what’s up Rovio? @arceemega @optimuspig thoughts?

These accessories are billed as +20% defense, but literally it appears to be the opposite.

The weirdest part is that repairing them gives me something to spend the $40M coins on so at least there is some sort of use.

Anyway, appreciate any other players weighing in here – are you seeing a PLUS 20% defense on these two accessories or is it just me?

And last thing… my GOD, the bird hat looks SO STUPID. Aren’t the accessories intended to make the transformers look cooler??? Take a look at Chuck as Ultimate Bumblebee with the damn bird head. Stupid, right? Or how about Arcee with the birdhead. Come on guys. I would punch Thundercracker in the face if I saw him wearing the cowboy hat down the street. Oh, and the Grimlocks look simply fantastic with the bird head sitting on top. Not.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Replies
  • Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I hate the donkey face hat.

Glad you started a thread. I don’t even know what +20% defense would mean if it were implemented correctly.

And even without a thread like yours, I wouldn’t trust the descriptions, since +10% cooldown can’t be what they mean for items labeled that way, unless the idea is that you’re supposed to weaken your TF in return for cosmetic “improvements”.

Edit: Of course, that “idea” would be consistent with the movie-promo ads that give you a useless stronger buddy at the cost of a useful mat. So we now have multiple threads in this forum about how a supposed benefit from Rovio is actually harmful.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Thank you both for this info. This morning I at last got to 5000 and got the new ABT and was going to see if I could get both hats before the but not going to bother now so will try for the extras for the ABT.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Be careful if you put the cowboy hat on Soundwave because he already takes damage easily as it is. Also I think this bug affects all accessories that give defense

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@angrlee @sam-spargo I agree.

I first noticed this with Soundwave and Rumble. Wearing Rumble Soundwave looses a heart the minute a node starts. The stupid cowboy hat does the same thing with Shockwave — he looses a heart right at the start of a node even in Pig City when there’s no enemy shooting at him. This has to be a bug with all of the “defense” accessories…

taco
    @geary

Maybe it’s just me but I like the donkey head wear. Now the big cowboy hat well some big six shooters and aging slinger belt to go with it.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

So the +Defense accessories are bugged into uselessness or worse?

Great. That means that the rewards for competitions have been VERY slim …

sheepybach
    @paul13

I know what I said on another post but I ended up with a lot of tokens and so I got the silly hats. Boy what a mistake and a complete utter waste of time. I did some testing with the hats. 3 fire balls from the walking towers killed me every time no matter what ABT I was using. I then done runs with out the hat and got blasted at least 7 times and I was still going with 3 hearts.
    IMHO Rovio have pulled a fast 1 on us all with these hats and should remove them pdq or replace them with other things or sort out this + 20% farce.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I went through the trouble of equipping them on half or more of my TFs. I guess I’ll have to de-equip them …

… assuming, of course, I ever run a node again. Right now I’m not running any nodes, because of that horrible movie ad.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Rangefinder for Lockdown has the same issue. It’s only +10% Defense so it only looses a half a heart when leaving the Astrotrain. I’ve made some comparison videos.

Brawl – Brawl Cowboy Hat Comparison
    Airachnid – Airachnid Coconut Helmet Comparison
    Lockdown – Lockdown Rangefinder Comparison

@gradientturtle7
    @arceemega I’ve submitted a request on this (1280708).

Hopefully this can get corrected. I agree that the Coconut Helmet looks goofy, but I kinda like the Cowboy hat and Rangefinder is neat.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

This bug definitely affects all defense accessories

sheepybach
    @paul13

I’ve removed it from all of my ABT.
    Hey I never knew that, leaving the Astrotrain and yep you lose 1 heart with nobody around to shoot at you. I agree it should now be -20% Defence lol

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I’ve received a response from Rovio and the issue has been forwarded to the dev team. Hopefully we’ll see it fixed in the next update.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@millforce2k

Nice 1 thanks for the info

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@paul13 You’re welcome.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Is this bug still in place?

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Yes, bug is still there. This update came out too soon after reporting it for them to be able to include it. By the play store description, this update probably includes the “Seeker” challenge, so it will most likely be after that.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

OK, I was wondering what was going on.

I was playing Optimus Prime in the competition (it was one of the “Rescue Bots” buddy rounds) and decided to try out the donkey hat for the first time.

Same result as what @angrlee described above – one full heart taken off right at the start of every run.

Good thread. Thanks for looking into it!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@millforce2k thanks you too, for contacting Rovio directly.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@20qmindreader,

Yeah. They finally went away for me as well.

It’s a pity that they cost materials, because otherwise the idea is rather cheerful and cool.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

So what of this is competition-specific and what applies to ordinary node runs as well?

Lewie4
    @lewie4

From what I understand, the hats are giving the correct extra defense but until you fully heal the character a graphical bug is present that displays full health when you actually are not.

Edit: So I looked into it further and it is a graphical bug but it cannot be fixed by restoring the characters health. The issue will be fixed in a future update.

Lewie4
    @lewie4

The bug is now fixed, patch 1.17 will fix this

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

So is it a good plan to use +Defense and +Damage accessories in the Acid Storm challenge?

AngrLee
    @angrlee

@arceemega and @gradientturtle7

So the current version is 1.16 and this bug (as above) will be fixed in 1.17. Will the Acid Storm challenge be a 1.17 upgrade?

Also, several other posts in here indicate that ALL accessories are not doing what they should. Several players play tested fire rate, cool down time, and +x% damage and likewise discovered that these accessories are having the opposite effect. Can you please confirm this and that these will be fixed in 1.17?

thanks.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Cowboy hat and ridiculous bird hat MINUS 20% Defense

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.