Cost of Upgrading Characters in Events

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Cost of Upgrading Characters in Events

• Just completed the BOOM event.

Wanted to upgrade Wheeljack.

To upgrade Wheeljack from level 13 to 14 is 6000 tokens. I have 2431 tokens to spend. I’m told that it will be an additional 1785 gems to pay for the 3569 missing tokens, it’s about 1 gem = 2 tokens. . . .

If I go the regular upgrade route it’s only 1357 gems! WTF? Over. . . . I have all of Wheeljack’s accoutrements already.

Is anybody else seeing this kind of thing? What am I missing here???

I know, I know, don’t try to understand Rovio/eXient. But come on!. . .

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

The rule is: If you have the tokens, spend it on the upgrade. If you don’t have enough, don’t complete it with gems, unless you really really needs just a few.

The first upgrade (Lvl 1 to Lvl 2) costs 50 tokens. That means 25 gems for an upgrade that costs 1.000 coins and 1 minute. That sounds a good deal to you?

Another example is the cost of the Sparks. If don’t have tokens, and you’re going to buy the biggest canister with gems, you would spend 600 gems for 1500 sparks. With those gems, you could pay for 6 additional spark runs. If you can get more than 250 tokens per run, it is much better than buying tokens.

Of course, if you already have tokens and need just to complete the quota, you must analise if it is worth, but usually I just exchange a few gems.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@futz99 you have asked the same question in three different topics whereas posting in just one may have provided more feedback.
    If you read the instructions in the token exchange it says you can buy missing tokens for gems at a rate of 2 tokens for 1 gem…. it does not matter what other price (real world money, gems, tokens, coins, sparks or pigs) the same thing may be elsewhere in the game… simple as that… no rip off… just make up your mind what you want to spend at any particular time.

Rachel Michelle Sheets Meadows
    @rachel-michelle-sheets-meadows

If I have upgraded all 15 characters and got into the new Cloud level to explore how do I continue to explore and unlock new characters without paying money for them. It’s not letting me upgrade as a normally would

Rachel Michelle Sheets Meadows

I’m sorry I’m new to the forum. I thought I only posted it once. What if you’ve upgraded all 15 characters to the max and want to unlock the new characters now I’m in the new unlocked cloud area but it won’t give me the option?

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

The normal (map) characters are unlocked when you open a certain area on the map by raising your level. Each character you upgrade gives you one level. After reaching the area, you must release the bot using pigs. This works until level 175. After that, there is no more character on the map to be freed.

The new area is an exception. First you have to gain access to the island using Plasma. You can obtain plasma through daily quests, and buy on events. After that, you must collect bats (instead of pigs) to unlock Nautica, the other new character. Bats can be obtained mainly with cave runs and daily quests.

The event characters can be obtained only through events (of course). They usually are available on the token exchange, and can be earned with money too. Your level don’t affect this at all, so you don’t need a high level to obtain those characters (but it is so much harder with low level bots to perform well on events).

Definitely you don’t have to spend money to get everything, but it is very time consuming, and you must be very patient. I have all bots so far (with the exception of the one from the current event), and I have not upgraded everyone to level 15 yet. Everything I earned so far was for free, I have not spent a single cent in the game.

EDIT: Just to complement the information, there will still be a huge clouded area, that is not developed yet. So basically, you will run out of the option to “Explore” a new area after level 175.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Now that is a long username.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Cost of Upgrading Characters in Events

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.