Challenge in C Minor Contest

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Challenge in C Minor Contest

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 115 total)
  • Replies
  • Pampeans
    @pampeans

Anyone ideas on the bot best at destroying balloon pigs?

sheepybach
    @paul13

I best I found so far is enogon grimlock since they reset cool down and you can go a lot longer.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@paul13

Thanks, I’ll try him. Although, suddenly I no longer want to be bothered with this contest.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Actually, it’s irrelevant what TF you use for today’s new challenge (Balloon Pigs).

That’s because you don’t have to actively kill them by shooting them:

– if they splat on the ground, it counts, even if they simply float down without you popping the balloon first
    – if they impact on you, it also counts

Pampeans
    @pampeans

That’s good to know. I missed a few right before a falling monolith in the forest. I find I have to tap with EG in order to avoid the overheat at an inconvenient time.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

That’s good to know. I missed a few right before a falling monolith in the forest. I find I have to tap with EG in order to avoid the overheat at an inconvenient time.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@pampeans,
    Like you I’ve got no real interest in this comp. anymore.

Tomlad
    @talmud

Just wondering, is anyone like super excited about this comp? I mean all you really get is just accessories and thats it. I mean really, Accessories?! Cmon guys at least give us something thats really worth entering the comp like the Christmas comp where we could get shockwave.
    Also, I would hope that they don’t put two days of token exchanges at the end of the comp and reduce it to 1 day instead of two, Btw how many tokens have everyone got so far?

Paul Granger
    @paul-granger

Are you kidding me. Next challenge is balloon pigs. I hope they are easier to kill then they have been or this one will be a waste of time.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Has anyone purchased Ravage yet? I’m curious about the lava blasts.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Has anyone figured out when this ends? Is it running for ten days like the Holiday Challenge?

@gradientturtle7

Cow23
    @cow23

Like @optimuspig I just got 100 tokens for coming first. Bit gutted. I started about 2.5 hours from the end .. Anybody worked out if this is a bug or a deliberate action on rovios part for joining the party late?

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@optimuspig

The Challenge in C Minor event will end at 0:00 GMT on Sunday 31st January (Saturday will be the last day). I will endeavour to ensure the event timings are included in future event announcements on the newsfeed.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@paul-granger
    Yes I got Ravage but have not yet had a node to use him in. I’ll try him in 47m in a challenge run and ley you know.

OK just used him in a comp node and a normal node and he is a lot better now than without Ravage, instead of 3 rings coming from him when he fire’s there are now 6, he told down flying Pigs, walking towers and the rest very easy indeed, you still have to fire a few times to bring down the balloon pigs, No air missiles appeared so pass on that.
    Would I use Gems to get him no

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@paul13

Thanks for the update on Ravage.

According to Ravage’s description he’s supposed to fire “acid rounds”. How do the acid rounds work? Do they just automatically keep firing? Or only when Soundblaster fires his weapon as well? And are the acid rounds direct fire, or do they fly through the air and then hit the ground (like the way Prowl and Bluestreak’s grenades do).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@gradientturtle7

Thanks for letting us know. If I’d known from the beginning that the Challenge was only going to run seven(?) days in total, I would’ve played a lot harder at the start.

So just to clarify, based on Eastern Standard Time, does the Challenge end at 19:00 EST on Saturday January 30, or at 19:00 EST on Sunday January 31?

sheepybach
    @paul13

@optimuspig,

I’ve got no idea about acid rounds as I took it that the extra rings was them and if they are not then I’ve no idea how to shoot them sorry.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@paul13

OK, thanks anyway.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@optimuspig

The challenge event ends at 19:00 EST Saturday 30th. So as you say, seven days in total.

David
    @davidt18

@gradientturtle7 Thanks for letting us know when the contest ends. Can you also tell us how long we have to exchange the tokens after it ends or do we have to exchange them now before it ends?

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I’m surprised it’s only seven days considering if you got the max 1550 tokens every day it would have taken nine days to get enough to get all the accessories available.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sntrooper

That’s true, but if I understand correctly, Soundwave can only “wear” one shoulder-mounted accessory at a time, so it doesn’t really matter if you own all three of Rumble, Beatbox, and Cannon – you can only use one at a time, so just choose which you like the most.

Unless you can wear stuff on both the right shoulder and the left shoulder (not sure, never tried since I don’t have any of these yet), in which case you still wouldn’t be able to wear Beastbox and Cannon at the same time since they both go on the right shoulder.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Has anyone who’s spent gems on recharges noticed that you get fewer target items afterwards?

I recharged twice today, first 10 gems, then 20 gems.

The first time, I accumulated 46 Flying Pigs in four challenge runs, the second time I accumulated 47 Flying Pigs in four challenge runs for an overall average of 11.625 pigs per run.

When I’m playing non-gem recharge runs, I’m averaging significantly higher, on the order of 18-20 Flying Pigs per run.

Seems to me that Rovio’s trying to have its cake and eat it too, by encouraging us to spend gems, and then gypping us when we do.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

One more set of recharges (40 gems this time – I really wanted the win, but it doesn’t look like it because another guy has pulled too far ahead and I don’t want to waste more gems than I already have).

Three runs: 8 + 16 + 10 = 34 = 11.33 Flying Pigs / run.

Is Rovio trying to cheat people who use gems?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Challenge in C Minor Contest

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.