Constant crashing

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Constant crashing

• Hi all
    Since a couple of hours ago the game is constantly crashing … I get past the loading screen & just in to see the map & then boom .. crash ..
    Was working fine this morning.
    Is it only me??

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Replies
  • MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I get that frequently. Generally takes 3-4 tries to launch the game. Even if I clear the cache and restart the tablet.

coolbug
    @coolbug

It did that for me about an hour ago but now I am able to be in the game.

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

I’m having the same problem. Sometimes I can finish a run if I wait long enough, but it usually crashes at the end. I just tried to play now, and it crashed in the middle of a run. I haven’t tried clearing the game data yet, but I’m worried that that won’t fix the problem since there was nothing on my end such as an update to suddenly start causing this.

dettwork
    @dettwork

still crashing for me non stop, can’t do a thing, can’t even start a run .. I get to the map & 1 second later it’s gone … sick of this

jgo95
    @jgo95

Crashing here too…just started this morning. Last night was fine but today I have only been able to complete a few event runs and one map run for daily quests. I lost an event run and close to 10 map runs so far. I’m running Android and been on 1.24.10.5 for a few days. Rebooting device, clearing device cache and running programs, using wifi/cell signal makes no difference…not sure what’s going on…plenty of free ram/storage on my end.

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

I just cleared the data for the game (not just the cache), and the problem appears to be fixed, but I don’t have a place on the scoreboard for the event. I wonder if the crashing was caused by something getting corrupted with my place in the event, and the game would crash when trying to query this data. I’ll probably contact Rovio and see if I can get some kind of compensation.

spazmom86
    @tomandlisa

Doesn’t it clear all of your scores and everything when you clear your data? I have my game connected to Facebook finally but I’m not sure if it automatically backs up. I’m a little nervous about erasing everything. I am having the same problem with the game crashing and it just started this morning. I have sent several reports and an email to Rovio with no response as of yet.

ranoverray
    @ranoverray

Me too! I can open but cant finish an event at all….no new bird this time, again!

Joel
    @joel687

I am not seeing this at all. (Knock on wood) I don’t think it is affecting all users. Maybe the common thread is the game version? I am running iOs 1.24.10.5 on an iPad. If you are having trouble with this, what version and device are you using? Maybe that will show us a pattern…

Beauregard
    @beauregard

I have been crashing all day too. I don’t do the events any more because of all the bugs with their game, but do spend about 30 minutes on the daily tasks in case they ever fix the problems. But today even those have been crashing and it took me forever to do them if their advertisers were to know that people don’t watch their ads because they sign out after every run to avoid crashing, maybe they would pull their ads. Rovio has the poorest customer service, they blame everything on the customer’s device instead of fixing their problems.

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

The problem came back after a few runs. I wasn’t able to play much and ended up in 15th place. I’m going to email Rovio about this.

Beauregard
    @beauregard

Bet they blame it on your device, good luck.

spazmom86
    @tomandlisa

Amazing now that the event is over, I haven’t had any more problems. I wasn’t able to play most of today so I ended up in 17th place (from 3rd this morning). It would be nice if Rovio would compensate those of us who couldn’t play today – wishful thinking I know….

dettwork
    @dettwork

mine’s still crashing non stop :(

I’m on android version 1.24.10.5 playing (well trying to..) on a galaxy s7

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

Yeah, mine is still crashing as well… I’m vert curious as to what’s causing this considering there wasn’t an update.

DowntownPope
    @downtownpope

It crashed constantly for me after noon PST. Then I got lucky and got in after 6PM, just long enough to trade for Chromia (needed to top up with crystals because – like spazmom – I had fallen so far behind due to the crashes). However now it’s back to crashing constantly again.

Cloudguy
    @cloudguy

Non stop crashing! Can’t even play now!

Anonymous

Constantly crashing for me too, and I’m almost certain this is on purpose.

Firstly, there was no update. How would the game suddenly get so buggy? It wouldn’t legitimately do that.

Secondly, the crashes are suspiciously time accurate. I ran the game 5 times and activated my stopwatch as soon as the loading screen is over. All 5 times, the game crashed exactly on the 1:00 mark.

Seem legit?

dettwork
    @dettwork

@partshade sounds like a timeout or something if you’re getting that .. my crashes happen much quicker than 1 minute actually, since I reinstalled I don’t even get past the splash page where it asks me to login with facebook

Anonymous

@dettwork Strange. How does your game crash, anyway? Is it just the game closing, or do you get the “Unfortunately, Angry Bird has stopped” message?

Even then, this is first time anything like this has happened on my phone, and there wasn’t even an update to cause it. :/

dettwork
    @dettwork

wow now it’s letting me back in again … it’s a miracle
    don’t know what happened there, but they switched off whatever they’d switched on causing the crashes anyway .. didn’t even get the tokens from getting 15th place the day it crashed tho which sucks, long way off getting chromia …

Mighty Dove
    @mightydove

Just to confirm – definitely way more crashes with 1.24.10.5

• Crashes on startup (3/4 times) – but this was the same with 1.24.10.4
    • Crashes during events (Chromia blocks) – very very annoying at mid-way or just before the end. It freezes then goes into slow-mo then freezes then crashes out to home screen (note – nothing else running in the background)
    • Crashes on map – just left alone (seriously)
    • Crashes when pausing during the Chromia event stage

Please note the above are observations not complaints so hopefully others will not feel paranoid. :)

I have iOS latest firmware btw and no other apps open plus clean reboot.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I had the exactly one minute then crash problem last night. But no problems this morning. When it was crashing I noticed that the blasted Blast ad wasn’t showing up and the option to the watch an ad to get another key in missions wasn’t there. Also I could stop it from crashing if I turned WiFi off after loading. So I assume it was some kind of problem with their ad server and it was crashing when it couldn’t load the ads.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

No crashes here whatsoever but definitely hate those god awful Blast! ads.

IMGTX
    @imgtx

Mine crashed all day the last day of the tournament. It would even wipe the energy levels of my 2 selected characters and I would need to recharge the characters but wouldn’t run long enough to allow me to recharge by watching a video.

At midnight, my time, when I went to bed I had gotten to the 70 token level. Next level was 80 tokens. I never got to that level and I usually get all the tokens by 10am

Usually you tell what causes the crashes. Video transitions, low memory, etc. This one puzzled me but I think the problem is that ABT was trying to transfer data to/from a Rovio server that it couldn’t reach. Server down, network problems, etc. and instead of retrying later gracefully it crashed.

If Rovio has a better explanation I would be interested in it.

I ended up having to pay 675 jewels to buy Chromia. I figure that between the lost tokens from the tournament play and rankings I lost about 350 to 450 jewels. Because they gave me that in the last penance for problems I figure it’s a wash. Still annoying. I find myself playing a lot less then I would if I didn’t have to fight the constant crashing.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Constant crashing

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.