Conspiracy theories and more…

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Conspiracy theories and more…

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Replies
  • Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

If i played today’s ToF i got the 1st pig in 2nd floor, paid 20 gems and got the next pig only in 29th floor. So i spent 50 gems, reached level 30 and then exit because i have my own rule not to spend more than 70 gems in ToF. Maybe it looks like coward’s strategy but usually i stay in the positive side. Average is somewhere between 11 and 14.

It’s sure the conspiracy exists in this game. It’s called ‘capitalism’.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I’m not sure you can draw a solid conclusion from one lucky run. To hit one or two pigs thru 30 is quite unlikely. I’ve gone to level 25 with two pigs. Again, extremely unlikely.

It would make sense to assign gem values to feathers, spells, and pearls. That would enable us to see the capitalist side of the conspiracy. It boils down to risk aversion. If you can stomach 5-6 pigs by level 30 the rewards get a lot better after there.

If you’re sitting on top of 30,000 gems, you could run into two dozen pigs and the rewards would still be worth it all the way to the top. But I doubt most AB2 players have this level of stash.

ADBjester
    @adbjester

@cognitive:

If you’re sitting on top of 30,000 gems, you could run into two dozen pigs and the rewards would still be worth it all the way to the top. But I doubt most AB2 players have this level of stash.

Hitting 22 pigs costs 51,170 gems, and that would be four pigs higher than expectation (even with the bias I’m discovering built into pre-jackpot floors).   30K in gems isn’t enough to make the climb reliably.  I didn’t start making it on a regular basis until I had enough to withstand 18 pigs:   38,370.

Even now, I’ve sometimes fallen 9 floors short, with 52K in reserve.  And I have made it up with less than 30K a couple times, as well.

It’s “random”, I still believe that, but I no longer believe the odds are the same on each floor.  I do believe that those odds per floor don’t change from run to run, but it isn’t 25% every floor.

Even then, a great (or miserable) run now and then isn’t mysterious.  Statistics says they SHOULD happen….. sometimes.  In today’s run, I hit only two pigs in the first 20 floors.  But from floors 48 to 59, I hit pigs on 6 of ten possible floors.  It happens.

Jester

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Yeah, great runs sometimes but not as often i like happens. My personal best with 70 gems is floor 64.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I have found the same results, Jester. I couldn’t reliably make it to top most of the time until I had about 38k in the chest, and even then I had days that I couldn’t get to the top. I find now that it usually takes around 50k to go all the way. I was ahead of the curve yesterday until about the 40th floor. After that it fell apart, no recovery possible. And even that accomplishment is very rare from what I have seen.

If a person can get past the 400 gem pig and be ahead on gems, time to bail out before the 800 gem pig. At that point the cost to continue is higher than anything that can be received. It would take two gem cards, minimum of 610 and 210 just to recover from that hit. It would take six 610 gem cards to recover from a 3,200 pig. Counting getting feathers, spells and lesser gem cards before getting that many 610 gem cards before hitting another pig is pretty much impossible even if things were completely random.

I think the best I have ever done on a straight run was to be about 2,000 gems ahead at level 45. I bailed at that point so I have no idea what would have happened or how much higher I could have climbed before I lost it all. That was a long time ago and 2,000 gems was a major boost to my stash back then.

desperados
    @desperados

lol i hit the floor 90 every day by copy paste rovio/save folder when i hit a pig i go back and put the old save folder and continue…though it’s not as pigs are always appear at some floors i hit 6 pigs at floor 45 no matter what i choose it was pig every time and in total i always hit 50-60 pigs until to the floor 90 and for gems i get between 5000-8000 for feather it’s 15000-20000 and around 90 spells.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I don’t think I will ever worry about this, my current level of around 4000 gems is my maximum. I rarely risk more than 70 gems and so I don’t often climb much above 15, unless lots of gems are awarded.

It boils down to risk / reward. The current system is not worth it at the low levels, unless gems can be replaced by folder copy / paste, restore, etc. If you hit even a handful of pigs by 20-25 you aren’t going to get enough stuff out of the ToF to make it worthwhile. Rovio is clever in this aspect.

What the ToF allowed was for those who had figured out how to get infinite gems to convert them to pearls / hats. This allowed even more people to obtain the 25k pearl hats, and the rest is history.

desperados
    @desperados

The exploit is open for the pc version i can tell you start the tower choose 1 card then copy the save folder and when you hit pig close the game and delete the new save folder and re place the old save folder and open the game to continue and you do that up to top tower without spending a gem but sometimes it gets boring when you hit 40-50 pig so you have to restart the game 40-50 times…to fasten the process i use gems to continue until i hit 400 gems to continue then i go back to copy paste method.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

I just got to 60 with only hitting 8 pigs, didn’t see my first one until 32 :) Wish I had recorded this round was awesome. Wish had the gems to keep going as well, I was making more gems than using for sure.

desperados
    @desperados

Wow that’s good ryan hehe getting 60 with 8 pigs i get to 60 with 20-30 pigs…looks like game is pre programmed differently for each user…i always get more than 40 pig until the top floor as it happens every time i play it’s not just plain luck.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Lol well that’s like after 2 weeks of not making it past 5 or 10 levels. Was just a really lucky streak.

desperados
    @desperados

lol that’s good for you..at floor 45 i hit 8 pigs no matter what i choose it was a pig i restarted the game 8 times and finally found a card that was no pig in it…it’s beyond at some point game goes crazy and throw you pigs no matter what you choose…i experience is every time i play

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

For the last few days I got the beeping pig on the 2nd level. Never got to 5 before seeing a pig for the last 10 days. Quit every time. Why bother wasting gems when you have gained nothing significant??

desperados
    @desperados

Yeah tof is totally useless and a gem eater machine unless you know how to get to the top floor via copy past save folder and restart game after hitting pig…with this method you may get to the top floor in 1 hour without spending a gem but it’s boring to restart game for 40-50 times i stopped playing tof now after collecting 183000 gems from it.

cognitive
    @cognitive

ToF seems to have mellowed down for me lately. I’ve managed to get to level 35 with 3 pigs only, raking in 600+ gems and a good amount of spells. But, the payoff with pearls was hilarious.

After the 10th floor, floors 15, 20, 25, 30, were all mixed 1-3 level hats in the ‘selection’ and every time I ‘selected’ the level 1 hat which of course I had (10 pearls). In level 35, I finally scored a level 3 sports hat, which, of course, was the only sports hat I had (from a rare chest).

Not a conspiracy, as it only happened once, but, you gotta wonder.

Also, I went a week trying to collect 50 yellow feathers to level up Chuck. In plenty of regular chests there were 25 or 50 or 150 yellow feathers. I never ‘selected’ them.

Strange things.

ADBjester
    @adbjester

Hello All,

You’ve seen my posts here, but I’ve left the AB2 family.  I’m now playing AB Evolution instead, which seems to have fewer exploits and is more reasonably competitive.  Though it has its own flaws, they are FAR fewer than AB2, and the game is more aggressively supported by Rovio.  It also plays “better” without payment.

See you in the Oinktagon Arena!  As for this forum, peace, out, and best of luck to all you long-time AB2 birders.

Jester

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Same shit as everytime..

Winning gems and items this week and today three f*Ing pigs before reaching level five.

That’s still no coincidence, that game learns the patterns or strategies a player uses!

Eagle Eye
    @scooterbug

Agree. Got a pig on level 2, 3,and 4 today. Get a pig on 2 every single day….aaaaargh!

cognitive
    @cognitive

Mystery points brigade seems to be alive and well. Playing largely without spells I can be ahead by 3-4M points with a bird or two to go then my opponent has no problem scoring 5M per visible bird and winning.

Just my imagination I suppose 🤔

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

I hate to say it but I think AB2 has run its course. Bird levels is one of those things that have been caught deep in a runaway inflation. Hats are getting ridiculous, either you have to go for the “backup exploit” or spend gems to go high on the rigged Tower. Arena is again full of extreme star count at the top with the rest 200 stars less. Regular levels are so difficult in the 1000+ that nothing can get a strike on some of those screens unless you use the Eagle, otherwise a minimum 2 birds affair if you have the right 2.

Not sure how Rovio can compensate the $$ spent in buying arena tickets and gem letters if they pull the plug. I think AB2 should be left to die slowly with no new features.

AB Evolution so far seems to have built to help counter some of these runaway issues in AB2 before they start.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@hubert-lo the game’s been out for over 2 yrs and it still has major issues: crashing in DC, crashing in KPP, crashing in Arena, Friend gifting still not working, Feats not being counted, players losing pearls/gems/spells, etc etc etc

That should be your answer right there.

I’ve been playing this game since day 1 and these days I might look at it once per week, if I get bored enough.  Just so tired of the “hey wait there’s a new icon/level/hat/award to get, just play the game for another 525 hrs” routine.

Yesterday I picked it up (after about a week) for about 10 minutes and got to the first KP screen, which I never even got close to getting through, saw the demand for gems to continue, and just killed the app and never touched it again for the rest of the day.  I honestly don’t even care about anything the game, or Rovio has to offer anymore.  Time to delete the app and move on.

Taboot55
    @taboot55

I don’t know about the specific conspiracy theories, but I do believe there is what I’d call a highly managed “experience” element to it.  For example, when I used to play the Map levels, it was clear that some levels were impossible to win at first.  Then, after some number of attempts, the level became ridiculously easy to defeat.

In the Arena, there are times when an opponent with a considerably higher flock power and 3 spells is easily defeated, despite me making several stupid mistakes, and vice versa.  These anomalies seem to happen at particular levels in your Streak, such as when you get 2 Arena tickets.

In my opinion, these are not “conspiracies”, rather they are deliberate.  Their intention is clearly to keep you playing, and enjoying the experience, so that you’ll watch more ads, and buy more gems.

It has been successful, as people are still playing 2 years on.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Of course they’re deliberate 😀

The inconsistency is cute at first, but when it becomes consistent, ergo, when it’s too obvious, then it’s time to move on.

Rovio’s not the first or last game developer to do this. I’d say they’re better than my other favorite game, a backgammon program. This thing is subtle, but after 30,000 games it’s as predictable as Terence on wood (splat) 😇

cognitive
    @cognitive

The engineer in me noticed a while back that a system of sorts might exist whereas navigating the ToF isn’t as perilous. I noticed that the ToF would not put a pig in the same spot as the last pig. At least within the current 5-floor cycle is 6-10. In other words:

Pick 1st floor, anything (no pig)

Pick 2nd floor, and if you didn’t hit a pig (1 in 4 theoretically), good.

For third floor, pick the location where the pig was in 2nd floor. Very unlikely to generate 2 pigs in same position. At least for me.

This worked pretty well and I easily made level 15 with no pigs, and level 30 with 2 at most.

A recent update reversed it. Now, if you pick a card where the pig was last time, 8 of 8 times so far it’s another pig.

I’m not claiming conspiracy here, this is my experience. To go from routinely floor 15-30 to 8 in a row of pig in floor N being in the same spot as pig N-1 (at floor 3) is a bit fishy.

Any thoughts or should I stop drinking 😎??

SpeedyT
    @speedyt

Being the way many of us ‘feel’ the ToF is, I personally find it best to simply avoid playing more than what it takes to get the measly 5 free gems in the Feats and use the ‘freebie gems’ acquired daily to build up until I feel I have enough to use a reasonable amount of them to buy RARE treasures in bulk. I have been able to decipher a few of the random patterns in buying treasures and have come out well ahead doing so in comparison to spending gems to get sub-par rewards (most of the time) in the ToF.  You could never get the least bit upset or feel cheated buying RARE treasures with the totally free gems but if you play the ToF and hit several pigs within a relatively short amount of time, it MIGHT disappoint you more than some would wish or possibly upset some.  Since I don’t fool with deleting and replacing anything in the folders, I would most definitely lose more than gain on average by playing the ToF deep unless I quit while ahead OR simply play one card and quit to snag the paltry 5 gems. Yes, I have gotten to level 42 once before I paid a total of 370 gems and then quit on the next card (I had won 637 gems or I wouldn’t have paid the 200 to continue once more) because I had 130 black pearls and a few hats I had yet to acquire back then.  — Rule of Thumb – BE CONSERVATIVE while playing the Tower of Fortune if you play it more than a few rounds. To me, it just isn’t worth it.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Conspiracy theories and more…

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.