Connecting my ABF to FB, so not worth it.

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Connecting my ABF to FB, so not worth it.

• I think I’m going to cry.

I got FB account setup (that was stressful by itself with security features). Went to ABF game and connected the two. It asked if I wanted to transfer everything over. I said yes. Stupid me.

It shows me still in Gold league -but- not the same one I was in, which is okay. Except, ALL the work I’ve done this week is gone. As if I had not played at all. I’m at bottom of the heap.

I -was- in first place. :(

So, should I go to leaderboard and delete everything I did?

I’m stunned to say the least. Not sure whether to throw Kindle (joking!) or to cry. Maybe both.

Here is screenshot I had taken when I found out I could take them with Kindle. Only one score changed since then.

:(

Screenshot_2015-03-03-04-27-17.png

1st img link, hope I did it right. Also, what did the checkbox asking: Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs mean? I didn’t check it, hope that’s okay.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • Rambleberry
    @rambleberry

@admins – If I -0- out my scores in the leaderboards, because of the above problem, will I be able to enter my new scores? Yes, I stayed up all night to redo all the levels. So I have lots of new ones to add.

Not sure how I should do this.

Thanks.

E-Star
    @e-star

@rambleberry I do know your pain and being on the brink of bursting into tears, hang in there and good luck! I should think the previous obtained scores would still be valid, but I am not that up to speed with the Facebook Tournament. But maybe @sal9 will be able to answer with a definitive answer.

Rambleberry
    @rambleberry

Thanks @e-star.

I don’t know about the leaderboard here, but I went ahead and replayed all the levels. Some I did better on, some I didn’t, overall I’m happy with my scores. I’m in second place in the league, which is fine. Just frustrated me to lose everything and have to start from scratch. Over it now. :D

I’m not gonna worry about the scores here, I keep track of my scores myself in a notebook.

Thank you for answering me, I appreciate it! With all that has to be done behind the scenes to keep this place running, my whining is probably not on top of priority list. ;-)

Oh, can I add you to friend list? You’d be my very first. No fun seeing nobody on my list. -laughs-

sal9
    @sal9

@rambleberry as @e-star said, your previous scores can remain. It is unfortunate, but synching two devices/platforms comes with some risk.

You should be all set now for future tournaments.

Rambleberry
    @rambleberry

Thanks @sal9, appreciate the input.

A shame really, since I wrote reply to @e-star, I’ve actually upped my totals in the “new” league over 14,000 points for this Retro tournament. Ya live, and ya learn. ;-)

Rambleberry
    @rambleberry

And you learn some more.

I disconnected my game from FB for personal reasons. Yup, game dropped me back to Glass league, from Diamond. Lost everything. So I started from scratch, again.

I’ve learned a few lessons.

1) You can start over again and get to the top. At least the top in the league you’re in.

2) It is flippin’ expensive to keep losing coins, power-ups and slings.

3) Most important… it is just a game. Life goes on. :-)

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Connecting my ABF to FB, so not worth it.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.