Coins

• Not sure if there is another topic for this, but I was just wondering how everyone is going with their coin total. I started with a large amount and they are slowly being used up. Any long term players ran out of coins and can’t get the silver crates yet?

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • SquawkTron
    @jordan-burns

I’m doing good with coins so far.

Joel
    @joel687

I have had to cut down to opening single steel crates (4 for 60k coins, plus the free one)

ph
    @ph

Started with 152 million, down to 121 million after opening max steel crates per day. Found that I am using the doubling video more often, usually if earned coins is 3,000 or more.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I stopped opening steel crates for a while. Now I’m opening only 5 per day (including the free one), to collect the plasma.

Even spending money to open only 4 crates per day, my earnings does not compensate my expendings. I’m also not using videos to double my incoming anymore.

For my calculations, I can deplete my coins in less than a month, if I open the max amount of crates every day. I’m saving them for upgrades only.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m still opening 50 steel crates a day, burning though 750,000 coins in the process.

I’ve got 78 million coins in the (piggy) bank so I still about 3.5 months before I hit depletion, but with lab spins, coin harvesting on the map, and coins earned in runs, I should be able to last a bit longer than that.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I would’ve had a lot more coins collected if I’d been using the video doubler all this time.

But I’ve stuck to my original boycott for  two years now.

Googs
    @ncaddy

I’m just in the low 90 Million and I estimated I could last about 4-6 months. You go through them a lot quicker with the new character upgrades. I am thinking when I get to about 30million I might have to start playing it a little safer.

Joel
    @joel687

I stopped watching the doubling video a long time ago. I still don’t plan to start again

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

I am using always the Goldbrick en/con. And always see the ads. Now i am 359 Million coins and 1,6 Million Pigs. And i have as we speak based from the Achievements – The Veteran with 43164 Events :) All legit Play!

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

@elpapam I don’t understand you. You have more than enough coins yet you always watch double coins and use goldbrick. Coins are useless for you. You are wasting your time with ads.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@daniel-cho well it’s my decision!

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

About watching videos being worth or not, it is really a personal decision. I used to watch after every run, and thanks to that, I never had problems to upgrade my bots and silo. It is still a good way to boost up the amount of coins. It is faster to watch a video than to run another node.

Now the videos are even more valuable. They reduced the amount of coins earned per run. If I open 5 chests (1 free + 60.000 coins) I can’t recover that amount in the same day.

I still don’t want to return to the old schedule of watching ads after every run. Maybe if they add the triple of the score instead of only doubling it, I would change my mind.

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

Before chests appeared I had 1.3 million coins and seldom watched videos. 2 weeks after chest intro I burned throught the 1.3 mil and now Im back at watching vids and eventually doing the gold cube thing (which never pays off and Im now going to definetly stop doing it, 10 gems are not worth 6.500 coins or less)

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

@elpapam Yes, but it is useless in your current situation with thousands, I meant millions of gold coins. Someone in my state could do that but not someone with hundreds of millions of gold.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

About earning coins, which energonicon is better?
    Goldslam or Goldbrick?

Goldslam gives a fixed amount of coins for each level of charge.

Goldbrick multiply your incoming for a limited time. The multiplier is according to the energonicon charge.

I have an impression that Goldslam is better, but maybe I don’t run enough nodes with both energonicons to confirm that.

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

I’m going to go with goldslam. Consistency is best.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

I will only use Goldbrick rather Goldslam.

Laogalaxy
    @laogalaxy

I know how Goldbrick works, but I just don’t understand Goldslam. Can someone explain how Goldslam gives out extra gold? It’s a three star energicon, so it should be more effective than Goldbrick. But I just can’t figure it out.

Anonymous

@laogalaxy Activating Goldslam just sends a stream of coins to the total number, which lasts about 10 seconds. No real gameplay effect at all.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Using Goldslam or Goldbrick depends on what targets are in the node. If you have a fair amount of targets, in particular gold blocks, Goldbrick will be better.

In the last few events, I’ve been using Goldbrick to increase my coin count. With today’s event (Sharktihogs) having little of anything, my coin count with Goldbrick has been under 2k. I’ve switched to Goldslam and my coin count is now in the 3-4k range.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I don’t like to choose Goldbrick because There are too many variables for it to be effective. Both energonicons depends on the amount of energon structures on the way.

For Goldbrick, the best situation possible is to activate it after the third charge, and destroy as many targets as possible. But there is always a luck factor here. My best experience with this energonicon was on the pig city, and some nodes on cobalt valley, with lots of gold blocks. Also, the actual bot must have a good destruction capability to get a good incoming.

With Goldslam, I can always collect three charges and activate it, for maximum results. If I see the astrotrain flying above the bot, I know the node is ending, so I activate it right away.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I never use Goldbrick.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.