CNY Challenge Not Loading … Anyone Else?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum CNY Challenge Not Loading … Anyone Else?

• So I was able to run 4 nodes yesterday, but when they refilled and I tried to run them, I kept getting a connection error message. Now, when I click on the challenge button, the background fades as if it’s gonna load, but nothing happens. I’m on Android (S5). Is anyone else having this issue? I’ve tried restarting and closing out completely, no luck. I’ll post screenshots if anyone can walk me through them. For some reason every time I try to take one (by swiping the screen with my fist), nothing happens. TIA!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Replies
  • MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Make sure you start ABT clean (close it from the running apps). I’m getting the same fadeout after each run (nodes as well) and have to exit and do a clean start.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I’ve not been able to get into the contest since 5:00am EST. The app opens to the map and I can do everything else, but the contest never loads. (iPad Air 2, iOS 9.2.1.)

Never mind I got back in, oh the slide I took during the hiatus! All I need is a couple of good forest runs and I can get back in it…

SoloAz
    @soloaz

@millforce2k, no such luck for me, and I’ve gone as far as restarting my phone. No access to the challenge for a full 24 hours and counting. @gradientturtle7, could sure use some help here. I’ll submit a tix in the meantime.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Hi @soloaz,

I’ll make some enquiries with the team about this behaviour, but I’m afraid without more information it’s going to be quite difficult for us to try to reproduce the issue. It sounds like what you described was slightly different to what @pampeans experienced today – to clarify, could you open the event window at all, or did nothing happen when you tapped on the ‘Chinese New Year’ popout?

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@gradientturtle7 I tried from 5:00am until I posted the above. In my case, the spinning wait cursor on CNY pop out never stopped and clicking on the pop out gave me the check internet connection message. Initially, I thought it was due a large number of server requests, since I have a strong internet connection, but 4 hours later I began to worry that it was a bug. However, since then, I’ve not had any problems.

SoloAz
    @soloaz

@gradientturtle7, nothing is happening when I click the challenge icon. The background fades out as if it’s going to load, then nothing happens. I can play regular nodes okay, just can’t get into the challenge to save my life. :-|

woo224
    @woo224

I have a worse problem – the game keeps crashing literally one minute after the game starts! A reboot may or may not set that crash countdown longer. If Rovio Support won’t answer my problem, then they deterred me from getting an exclusive. (Which in some ways may be a good thing)

SoloAz
    @soloaz

What a difference 2 days make: I was able to access the challenge and play several nodes this AM. Here’s hoping it has resolved itself!

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@gradientturtle7

I finally got a chance to record a video of the fade-out. Note that when it gets to the “Get Gems Now!” screen, the graphic is missing. I did notice that if the graphic is not missing, I don’t get the fade-out and can continue playing. If I don’t get that screen, it’s hit-or-miss if I get the fade-out or not.

https://youtu.be/D79rTdYoVuo

@soloaz

I this what the fade-out looked like for you as well?

SoloAz
    @soloaz

@millforce2k, you nailed it. That’s exactly what’s happening. I actually have only been able to do 1 challenge node per day, then that happens. I thought it had resolved itself, but it literally only lets me do a node every 8 hours or so. At this rate, no way I unlock the exclusive TF. Oh well…

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

After you run the node, can you force close and then run another? That’s what I have to do after each one.

SoloAz
    @soloaz

@millforce2k, nope it just fades out. Although I did accidentally discover that the challenge screen is there, just hidden. After clicking around on the faded screen, I was able to run a challenge node. So I’ve been able to load my TF by clicking the blank space, then advance into the challenge node by clicking the exact same spot where the Play/Next button would be (even though it’s not visible). It’s crazy, but it works. Of course, doesn’t do me much good because I lost 3 days of play, but it was a fun find.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@soloaz Interesting. I noticed that as well that I can click around and the next expected screen would show up, but was hesitant to run a challenge node for fear of loosing a battery bar.

SoloAz
    @soloaz

@millforce2k, I’ve run several successful nodes “clicking blind.” All of those nodes have counted so far. I hope Rovio will make an exception and let us cash out gems for the shortfall because this wasn’t a case of opting out of the challenge, just not being able to get it to load.

Cow23
    @cow23

My competition leaderboard is stuck on yesterday’s results. the bottom bit just says ‘standby’. @gradientturtle7 .. Is it worth playing this days competition? Will I get anything in terms of bonus ? Or am I just out of luck?

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@soloaz Was able to run some regular nodes “clicking” where the buttons should be. Being on the bubble of getting an accessory for EOP, I haven’t tried it on a challenge node, but once I ran a regular node, I didn’t get the fade-out for several more nodes.

@cow23
    Depends on how close you are to getting EOP or some accessory. Today’s the last day. Try force closing the app.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@millforce2k @cow23

Thank you both for reporting this issue, and for the link to your video – I can’t stress enough how immensely helpful it is to have a video demonstrating the issue when we make efforts to reproduce it and try to track down the cause.

I have provided all your information to the team, and will let you know if we need any more details. I’m sorry for any of the event that this has caused you to miss out on.

Cow23
    @cow23

@gradientturtle7 turned out ok in the end .. Although the leaderboard was stuck on the previous day’s results .. I happen to have won that previous competition so I got first place again! .. Which was nice. I swapped devices on the affected day which may have led to the issue.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@gradientturtle7 Thank you for pushing the issue forward. This didn’t really have an affect on my end results, just more time consuming having to exit and restart.

SoloAz
    @soloaz

Well, it definitely impacted my outcome since I couldn’t participate for over 48 hours (leaving me 1800 tokens short for exclusive TF), but I will just have to get over it since there is no recourse.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum CNY Challenge Not Loading … Anyone Else?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.