Clan Leader Question – How to Handle 1 Ponters

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Clan Leader Question – How to Handle 1 Ponters

• Fellow Clan Leaders:  Care to share your experience with members who seem to only contribute 1 point in clan events?  What fraction of your clan falls into that category?  How much discontent does this cause?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

1 pointers are either one of these:

1. Players with less than 20 gems.

2. Players trying to rack up gems (what I was doing in my old clan).

3. Players that don’t want lose points.

4. Slackers.

5. Others that I haven’t mentioned yet.

Shiggy
    @shiggy

If they constantly score just one point, they are freeloaders and might considered to be kicked. We don’t need players that just wanna grab their rewards and contribute nothing more to the clan. Watch out how they do in ClanVsClan. You can keep track writing down their score and might compare it with their flock power. Or announce in clan chat that at least 3 or more points have to be scored. Players have to communicate, an important point. No response or missing excuse for not playing might detect disinterest.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@shiggy & @christian-cosgrove: thanks for the insights.  80% of my clan regularly score 3 or more points – some a lot more.  We have members in almost every time zone in the world and some hesitate to chat because English is not their native language.  I want to give them the benefit of the doubt – maybe work, school, family, …, “getting in the way” of greater participation but wonder why they just play so casually if they were motivated enough to join a clan in the 1st place.  Will have to continue to track and make that decision to retain/kick sometime soon.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

We keep everything in Facebook which has an auto-translate option. We communicate and message, try to work with players, but we do record everything in a spreadsheet, if we notice patterns that are constantly below minimum we do kick. Usually 1 or 2 at a time when necessary. 01 hasn’t had to kick someone in a long time. As long as they give us a reason we try to be understanding and helpful.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@ryan-kochie – I think that is a good practice.  Several members have had conflicts and advised that they would be playing less than usual.  Others just leave it up to the leader’s imagination why they are absent — the more vocal members imagine the worst.  The FB translation capability is something to consider.  It certainly gives all another opportunity to contribute.  Thanks!

cognitive
    @cognitive

I scored 1 point this week – busy trying to help a family member move. I posted an explanation in clan chat. Usually  consistent 1 pointers are kicked out in our clan.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@cognitive – Thanks for the input.  I prefer to think of level of activity instead of number of points.  Some inexperienced or low FP members may try and fail a few times and wind up with 0, 1, or 2 points.  I believe that so long as they are trying (active), they deserve to stay.  I do have to monitor play because it is hard to say whether the member did play and fail several times or just scored and quit.

I’ll have to decide how many times a 1-point player should last before tapping the “kick” button.  It is not so little as one or two and certainly less than 10.

Do any clans scale the expected number of points based on the member’s flock power?

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Our clan does scale the points (based on fp), but only for longer challenges with 400 or 600 points. We do not with shorter challenges because those are done very quickly – it wouldn’t make sense to overfill the points just by forcing players to fulfill their requirements.

luvfiddling
    @luvfiddling

I’m in your clan as Ibis Boink.  I reached out to one of our 1pointers on Facebook last week, and he never responded.  He is an American and lives in Atlanta.  Has never chatted on the clan page.  His name (abbreviated) is OK.

This consultation with others about this issue gets my thumbs up.  Tricky deal being a fair leader.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I belong in a rather ‘strict’ clan that has a designated enforcer :). it’s a closed clan, with requirement to be over 100-125 fp and min 3 points. There is also the requirement to be from the same country, and most of us are. There’s one guy from NOT our country who wins his battles, carries his weight, but he’s obviously from several continents away so we are OK with it.

There are a few really active players (I’ve seen scores of 40-50 points for the first guy) and most of us try to do 6-12 points. Rewards wise it works quite well, we are at 45 members, drop a couple once in a couple weeks, add a couple new…

Lots of good discussions esp in clan battle times (strategy) and overall very active chat.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@cognitive – sounds like a well run clan.  If all are happy then as Martha Stewart says, “It’s a good thing.”  I like the idea of an enforcer.  It conjures up the image of the big @$$ hockey player who goes out to ‘explain’ that your team took offense at the last hit.  It would engage additional members in clan management.  Thanks for the insight.

Anonymous

Can I extend this chat to talk about how to grow a clan from only 14 members. Hardly anybody is joining my clan, even after reluctantly opening it up to the whole AB2 community…

Also, if anybody here has members who are no up to their clan’s standards then I would be happy to take them! Tell them to come to “Eagle Empire”.

Thanks!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Clan Leader Question – How to Handle 1 Ponters

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.