Clan Battle Question

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Clan Battle Question

• Does removing your hats before a clan battle begins really work?  The idea being that the clan Flock Power is lowered and thus will be matched against a lesser-powered opponentand improving your clan’s chances.

Clearly the developer knows the true possible Flock Power of every player and can easily take it into consideration when pairing clans.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

I don’t believe it does. I think it had a bigger effect when clan battles came out, but since the last update I feel it has a small to no effect. Rovios official line is that it is no longer a factor.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@ryan-kochie – You are probably correct.  It seems like such an easy deception but also one that is just as easily fixed.  Still, when I take my hats off and play the Arena, the opponents seem to be more fairly matched and they use fewer spells.  May just be my imagination …

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Agree seems to help in arena, though I also think using fewer spells help. I find I use more spells they use more spells and it cascades. I’m too lazy to fiddle around back and forth, arena isn’t so bad with hats on.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

I’m pretty confident the last couple of battles involved our opposing clans doing exactly this. Their number of 600+ players and quick adds of individuals simply didn’t tie up with the purported clan power. Chances are, you have to figure to do it at just the right time – e.g. that might be just before the clan leader registers for the CVC.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@rippiggies – thanks.  You answered my second question too, “When should we take off our hats?”  I didn’t think that it mattered so long as you took them off before the battle began (added them after) but several clan mates think like you do – take off before accepting the battle.

Photokool
    @photokool

In answer to this question, another way clans are manipulating FP (and clan rank) before starting CvC is to boot high-level and max FP players and then add them back in AFTER the clan battle has begun. The goal is to reduce FP to the point of dropping down to Amethyst level, then boost back to Diamond after play has started.

Our clan has seen this happen several times, but twice in the last month with the AB2 Gamers clan 02. I believe they add high-level players back in through coordination on a Facebook group page.

@hank
    – please be aware this is happening and prevent clans from adding the same player back in for a period of time if they have been booted or have left the clan voluntarily. Of course, since AB2 Gamers has three clans to coordinated players with, you need to know these clans are linked and actually working as a single team.

My advice for any clans going up against AB2 Gamers is to just quit the battle and not play against them. They are manipulating FP so they are guaranteed to have most of the top 10 spots. It makes it impossible to win.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Hello,

I run one of the Gamers clans and the group. This is very much not the case. Once the battle has begun there is no way to add another player into the battle that I am aware of. I have not seen any manipulation from 02 or the other clans. I have seen 02 experiment with hat dropping and we have determined that hat dropping generally doesn’t work, in regards to matching. Though may give a psylogical edge. We strive to be cheat free clans. If you have further concerns about our clans you can message me on Facebook and I will look into it.

Photokool
    @photokool

@ryan-kochie, please see my other post. I can tell you that manipulation did occur in the battle this week with your 02 clan. It was not fair. If you want to take the high road, then look into it.

Anonymous

Or you could try to get your facts right Photokool…..for example you could ask your clan to boot you before a CVC and then re-add you after a CVC has begun, then you would notice you can’t play in that CVC and have to wait for the next one.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Clan Battle Question

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.