Chronicle Cave scores

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Chronicle Cave scores

• Now that I have fb friends, I am starting to see how other people are doing in terms of scores in the Chronicle Caves. Normally, the high scores cluster within a few thousand. As an example, say the #1 score for a particular level in a cave is on order of 165,000, the #4 score might be around 162,000. But lately, I have been seeing people with the high score that is double the next highest score. In my previous example, that player might have a score of 320,000, with the next highest score being around 165,000. And this same person will have remarkably high scores for nearly all caves and levels played.

Acknowledging that it doesn’t really matter who gets the high score on a particular cave level, I am curious how you get a score that is that high. I’ve fooled around a bit and tried going through a cave dropping rage chilis on every level so I clear each cave in one move (RC to Wizard, with a suitable power team behind him) and I come nowhere near the high score. Does anyone know how this is done?

Is there a trick I am missing, like the score you get at the end depends on the overall strength of your team, so using Wizard with two very weak team members gives you a higher score than a strong team? (I did try that once and it didn’t seem to make any difference, but maybe I used the wrong bird/hat combos.)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • Atom
    @atom

Your score on any level has to do with how quickly you defeat the enemies (enemies defeated on turn one give more points than enemies defeated on turn two and so on) and the health of your birds at the end of the battle. All birds give a maximum of 10,000 points no matter how strong they are. The points awarded are based on the percentage of health left. Not sure why somebody’s score would be that much higher but they could have defeated every pig on the first attack of the wave.

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

To guarantee the highest score possible you need to kill all the pigs in each wave within 2 turns. After 2 turns you’ll notice a slight decline in the points awarded should they be defeated in subsequent turns.

In which case its highly valuable to bring comps that have self sustain as well as enough punch to defeat the waves fast enough. My suggestion would be to use the chilli cake every turn and feed it to chuck to guarantee maximised points since you’ll likely knock them out though I think that strategy is quite plain and cheeky.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Actually, the score declines already after 1 turn. A Brute will give 13,300 points upon defeat in the 1st turn; but only 12,600 points in the 2nd, 11,900 in the 3rd, etc.
    So in order to get a perfect score, one needs to defeat every single pig on the first wave – and additionally have some luck with special pigs like Wealthy Rogues (+1900 points) or extra strong Brawlers (28,500 points, instead of 26,600 for two Brutes). And playing on iOS is also handy, because Android phones seem to round down the score you get for defeating enemies.

Anonymous

@atom @vinnieb00 @smwforever45
    None of this accounts for a score being roughly double what everyone else is able to achieve though. I think it’s another case of code-manipulating. (I’m stopping short of calling it cheating, because who cares who has the high score on a cave level, haha!)

Pointless
    @pointless

@poptimus um, yeah, right…who cares about that?

Anonymous

@pointless
    Ok fine, I’ll admit to *occasionally* using some potions and specific bird combos to try to “see what I can do” to climb those leaderboards once in a while. But I don’t really CARE. (What? Why are you looking at me like that? I’M NOT LYING!!!!)

Pointless
    @pointless

@poptimus :)
    It was all that kept me going for a while, but then M15 came about. Now that chase is over (for now, can’t say I’m overly enthusiast about Rovio’s new plan regarding M60…surely they’ll find a way to botch that as well, right?), I may go back to this pursuit. Arena sure isn’t doing it for me anymore right now.

Anonymous

As long as there are shards on the arena reward wheel, I’m afraid I’m hooked. We’ll see how next season goes though. If I have a hard time getting up to Diamond quickly, I may reneg on that comment. Also, I’m fairly certain that the next max level/mastery cap increase will not get me back on the grind train. Maybe I’ll grind my XP level up quickly (if that’s still possible), but definitely not mastery. Regardless, I may start trying to match your cave leaderboard scores soon. Having another challenge to try to achieve in this game WOULD be nice…
    ETA1: @pointless
    ETA2: And yes, of COURSE they’ll botch the mastery conversion!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Chronicle Cave scores

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.