Chinese new year event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Chinese new year event

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 190 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Pig City does suck on missile day, but I got lucky today and Unicron showed up in Pig City for me. Unicron is definitely easier to deal with when you don’t have to worry about the missile swarms as well.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Started late due to the 100 token level being so easy to get to and in hopes that there wouldn’t be too many competitive players. After only twenty minutes first place already has 58852 points. So much for that plan.

@optimuspig I use Energon Grimlock against Unicron Pig. His weapon’s rapid targetting and firing (with a slow overheating time) can be very effective against Unicron Pig, the Boss Pig, WMTs, and, in your case, swarms of missles, specifically if you have to deal with all of these obstacles together in the same node, (except, fortunately for now, though, Unicron Pig and the Boss Pig don’t appear together in the same node).

I think that one reason why missles were chosen as the target for the second day of this (instead of at a later date) is because they’re intended to represent fireworks since Chinese New Year has fireworks. Although, it would have been better if Rovio/Exient had made the missles look like actual fireworks rockets instead.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@jimmy-necessary What level is your EGrimlock? I’ve used him at L15 in previous events and couldn’t finish off Unicron in time. I now use GSGrimlock since he is so slow.

@millforce2k My Energon Grimlock is only at level 10. I had beaten Unicron Pig at least twice (total) in previous events when I still had Energon Grimlock at level 9, but Unicron Pig is very difficult to beat, and I, too, have not been able to completely defeat him for most of my encounters with him. The best time fire at him is when his shield is down, but sometimes it can be difficult fire at him if you’re too busy trying to dodge other obstacles at the same time as when his shield is down. As for why Energon Grimlock may be to fast, it’s not his speed that is the problem, it is game’s inefficient response time to your commands when you’re tapping the screen of your device.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@millforce2k

“On Pig City nodes, I can generally get two missiles per silo”

I must be doing something wrong, because I swear I’ve never had more than one missile launch from a Pig City silo, ever.

Are you sure about that, and you’re not mistaking launches from closely spaced silos?

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@optimuspig Yes, two missiles. When the silo opens, I hover my finger over the silo. As soon as I see the flash, I fire, destroying the missile almost as soon as it launches. If it’s not too far into the left half of the screen, a second one will launch.

Phillips
    @phillips

@jimmy-necessary it is Energon Grimlock’s speed that is the problem. I used to primarily use Greyslam Grimlock and almost always defeated Unicron. When the sparks came in and Energon Grimlock could get the promotion bonus and I didn’t know what was happening (no change of characters with bonus every few hours etc) so loaded up Energon Grimlock with sparks. As a result I put myself into a corner where I have to use Energon Grimlock as he is loaded with sparks to compete with other players whose characters are loaded with sparks. Although now I can hardly beat Unicron with Energon Grimlock can only just beat him if no falling monoliths or am willing to get hit by falling monoliths and lava balls from walking mortar towers.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I regret using my sparks on Epic Optimus Prime just for sake of the multiplier. He sucks so hard. I wish I had Nemesis. He seemed strong.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

For Day 2 missle day I used Epic Optimus Prime level 13 and promoted him with enough sparks thanks to the 3x multiplier to get +95%.

Nemesis Prime level 13 promoted with enough sparks for 90% after the 3x multiplier.

Total +195% bonus score made short work of the leaderboard and finished day 2 missle day in 1st place, finally.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

For day 2 missle day I experienced that Epic Optimus Prime had a weak-ish laser, took a horridly long time to kill a WMT!

However E.O.P’s laser was fast enough to kill off missles almost instantly once you tapped on it… even faraway missles near the horizon, and those off screen were somehow auto targeted and destroyed.

Which in comparison to Nemesis Prime’s blasts, which took some time to travel, so you had to have good timing and tracking, and had to make good guesses when to fire so the blasts ended up the missles would be.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@optimuspig
    RE: On Pig City nodes, I can generally get two missiles per silo

I get the illusion of 1 missle per silo however its probably because i run off too fast? And the missle silo goes off screen. Or the Glassor has killed off the 2nd one…

On the other end of the scale,

In Desert Nodes, i get 3 missles going off in quick succession per silo. And all those multiple WMTs to deal with. Thanfully Glassor can be very effective – when it targets accurately.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Make it a priority to kill off those “red+green” multi-colored missles as they stun other missles and pigs temporarily.

Black missles are harmless, though their black splats can block the view.

Red and yellow ones reduce your energy.

Somehow, unlike the previous live events End of the Road, and Adrift, there’s no “click here within 10 seconds to spend 10 gems to fully recharge your character” when you die during the live event.

Joel
    @joel687

@armourbender – If I am remembering correctly, when they limit you to only 1 transformer, they let you pay gems to revive them. When they let you use 2, they haven’t been allowing you to bring them back when they fall.

Geli
    @geli

I have the misfortune to have a group leader that uses large bonus TFs for the Pagoda targets. I’m averaging 1000 per run post bonus. Leader gets about 2000 points per hour.

Have not completely worked out the math, but it would be a minimum expense of 120 more gems to finish first for the 1000 tokens. That would put a major hit on my meager gem total.

Bottom line: I’m playing for 2nd and the 500 tokens.

Joel
    @joel687

If someone felt like spending the gems, It is conceivable that they are running with up to a 630% bonus. (Epic Optimus and Nemesis both at 105% with the x3 multiplier.) I feel like this would be so expensive that no one would ever do it, but you never know.

Can you imagine beating Unicron and endingn up with over 15,000 points in that run?

A regular 500 point run would end up as 3150 points

Joel
    @joel687

I just saw Unicron. I didn’t figure I would see him since the point levels are lower on Pagoda day. The 6,153 point bonus gave me a nice lead in the keaderboards

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@joel687 Why are you bringing up spending gems? Sparks cannot be purchased with gems right now. Yeah, it would be expensive if it was the case, but it isn’t actually.

Joel
    @joel687

@datguygamer – Sorry, I meant spending money, not gems. Tired today…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@joel687 Okay, it happens.

Asen_77
    @asen

Just played the wearest level ever – today event is with Chinese red fan. Start the level at the beach with two fan and walking mortar, kileed it and take two fans, so 31 points. Next was foling mortar, so transform and move forward, return fo normal form and see one more fan and a few otder stufs, and it become end of the level with ship. This level was about 10/12 sec and total 51 points. What is going on? Any one else with same shit?

sheepybach
    @paul13

@asen

You are lucky with only 1 run, I just completed the 1st 4 run event 1 in desert normal score and then 3 beach runs that lasted 10secs each with no fans or anything else to collect so ended up with 0 zero nothing.
    It looks like the bug is back yet again

Joey
    @joeyba

when we watch a movie does the X3 multiplier add the token or just the pigs and the golden coins?

zeppled
    @zeppled

Is anyone else getting that 10 second node on the beach? I only got 67 points. That is ridiculous. And I haven’t seen a boss pig or Unicron lately either. They didn’t show up at all in the last session and none so far in this one.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Chinese new year event

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.