Cheating Rampant in Clan Battle Mode. Why does staff allow it to continue?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Cheating Rampant in Clan Battle Mode. Why does staff allow it to continue?

• So, me and my clanmates have noticed some troubling things in the other clans we are battling. There are users on other teams with card totals and times 10 hat combos that are not possible. They are also scoring much higher scores than should be possible. I have reached out to the staff of the game and am ignored repeatedly.

In these forums, there are repeated examples of users bragging about hacking the game, getting all the tokens and pearls that they want(there are even videos on youtube that prove it). Which gives them all the times 10 hats they could want. The ability to hack at this level i believe indicates that being able to cheat the actual clan battles would not be that difficult. There are people without a card powered above 40 who are getting scores that are literally 3 and 4 times higher than other users with cards in the 70s and 80s. This is evidence of cheating imo.

I don’t understand when me and my clanmates send repeated messages to staff, they go ignored. It’s sucking all the fun out of the game, the cheating by players, and the apparent condoning of said behavior by staff. This would be disconcerting enough, if the game was just fun. But it takes tokens which cost actual money to play these games and when the staff condones cheating, they are basically condoning the stealing of their customers money.

I’ve started this thread here to discuss the problem. Mostly because i couldn’t get it done in private through the help/staff support feature on the game.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Yue
    @yue-zhang

My suggestion is to go to Boot Camp and check the score and name to see how high a “full power” player could achieve and compare that score with your clan member’s.

In our clan, we do a simple math, score/power. It’s not accurately but adequately reflect the strength of your clan. Someone with lower FP but still score high, you can’t just say he/she is a cheater. As far as I know, S/P at 100,000-130,000 is excellent player. If someone’s S/P is above 135,000, it’s outstanding. above 145,000, well, it could be a “hacked” score.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

Yue is right – if you’re getting S/FP over 100k consistently that excellent. In the CvCs I think there’s a range of cheating. Obviously, some players get to ignore the 200 gems charge to play and try for high scores as much as they want, and you’re also facing players who (through another bunch of exploits) have all hats and feathers.

What’s worked ok in CvC is that you’re matched with another clan of similar flock power. I haven’t seen ways to over-score and hack the game, say to get 60 million with 300 FP.

The annoying thing about the new ME challenge is that it’s soooo set up for cheaters – i.e. obviously those who’ve used exploits have highest level birds etc and get the most points. They should have set it up per Yue’s formula, with the highest S/FP getting first place. That would make it immensely more fun for the vast majority of players.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Seems they are slowly clearing up the leaderboard of hose who exploit the game, doesn’t make sense though as lots more questionable remain, it should be all or nothing, and they should try to fix these exploits and make it clear thru are enforcing it now.

SLAYER
    @robm1313

I know what you mean. I just got all the Viking x13 hats. All my other hats were no more than x4. Although I’m getting over 5 million for 1 bird on hits now, it seems like high scores are way too much, like 70+ million. That just doesn’t seem possible. My best score on the Arena is just over 45 million. I’ve busted hump to get where I’m at since maybe April or May. These people playing Eagle Mountain seem to be cheating, but who’s to say for sure? Even clan battles seem like it a bit too much.

We want honest players. We could get pay back if you join my clan as long as players play every time, start to finish. Exception….when work, school, sleep, (or what else people need to do in between), is the case, we just want communication. So let me know by replying to this???

Our CLAN booted out non playing dead weight, hurting the clan. They were never playing. Who wants that. All we expect is play your free plays, (doesn’t have to be all, not possible anyways), and communicate.

Nasty
    @nastybird

I play in a clan called Dirty Birds. We are currently in a clan battle with #YNWA, all of our players in Dirty Birds are showing as #YNWA clan members and our scores are counting against us. This game is so rigged it’s not even worth playing.

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

Whether you cheat or not, the problem are generally high or maxed out players in the battles. They take first places with their high scores. Other clans which have no maxed out players, cannot compensate this scores, even if they have some strong players and a strong midfield. Decisive is the taking of the first 5 places in the battle and not an adäquate clanpower. Rovio should set up a new own leagues for clans who have maxed out players. It is the job of Rovio to solve this problem.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

Not to worry, @nastybird: Rovio has acknowledged the issue of mislabeled Clans and your scores will tally properly; and @jaspertm-l, I agree that top-heavy Clans are hard to beat in CvC (hence my recent push for a high-FP sharpshooter) but I think that’s just one of several strategic approaches that a Clan can pursue rather than a problem for Rovio to solve. I fully agree with @ryan-kochie & @rippiggies that Rovio needs to continue its housekeeping of a pandemic problem reinforced by MEBC, and with @Yue-zhang’s preferred methodology; thanks to @leroy-leroy for starting this thread here in ABN, and I look forward to following it!

Inigo Montoya aka S’all Goodman, BreakingBeaks.com

P.S. Nice recruitment plug,  @robm1313, and congrats on your new Viking hat set!

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

In the current battle we are being slaughtered by our opponent again. Our diamond clan has good combative players, but no maxed out players. The opponent occupied places 1 to 6. Several of them already have tribal masks, the best of them the full set. What can we do against such an opponent? There is no strategy. The CP of both clans is almost identical. But we have no chance against these scammers. That takes the joy of the game and especially the clan battles.

Saphira
    @kgeisler

Our clan doesn’t have any players even at 800fp and we have not lost a battle for months. Even when the other team takes the other top 2 or 3 spots we have pulled out wins.

Heather Bird
    @heatherbird

Yes we woke up to 9 players that we reported as a clan!!

all banned!!!! And here was the message they sent…

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Cheating Rampant in Clan Battle Mode. Why does staff allow it to continue?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.