Cheaters

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 1,301 through 1,325 (of 1,378 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Encountered my first cheater ever today. Yay… I guess?

I don’t get why someone would cheat in the SILVER league in the LAST week of the season.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Wow, I’ve never encountered such an ***obvious*** cheater… mine have all been much more subtle. Lichtscheues Gesindel eh!? :-P

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@angryde — Look back through this thread you will see much worse than this. I remember a time when hacking to 1 million points didn’t even get you in the top three. Cheaters used to wait until the final seconds and then just throw up a score. Highest I think I ever saw was just over 6 million. Sometimes you would think you were good only to have four or five pop up to the top.

As it’s still a problem I’m going to guess neither Rovio or chimera has really made any headway fixing these things.

angryde
    @angryde

@tigerussell I’ve read the horrific stories, sure. But I’ve been playing the game since its launch and I’ve never had the misfortune of encountering a 1x million point cheat. All of mine sat in the 150,000 range (as in, they’d gain 150,000 points in the space of 2 minutes). Plus, I never encountered one of those over-power hacks… you know, where the birds attracted for 30,000 points of damage and all that stuff… just lucky I guess!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@tigerussell the obvious cheats are uncommon now. They are much more subtle. In season 6 I had at least one cheat for 9 out of the 12 weeks. Rovio did zero the scores of several of them but they are all still playing. Some are so obviously going to cheat but they are not removed from the game. Since they more than likely spend nothing I don’t know why Rovio tolerates them.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@bubbley I agree that Rovio should remove the cheaters from the game but they are probably keeping them around so they can get the income from when the cheaters watches ads in the game.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryjohnny do they get income just because you watch an add? I thought advertisers just paid for the space I had no idea.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@bubbley I think so. The way most ads work today is that the site/channel/game gets paid depending on how many ads gets loaded for the viewer to watch per month.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryjohnny I’ve learned something new. Thanks.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Today, I got a reply from Rovio Support re: Dmitry, whom I reported weeks ago. Late is better than never, I guess.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@graugeist did they sat they would remove him?

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@angryde @bubbley @graugeist @angryjohnny I met a cheater who had his Chuck with 4700 HP… On the moment I didn’t realize it until I upgraded my set items to level 10 and seen that my (50) 12 Chuck had only 3800 HP :P

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Not exactly…

These people are probably cheating in the game. We are aware of some people being able to cheat and are working hard to prevent this from happening in the future. We understand that this takes the fun out of pvp battles and take it very seriously. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

____

@Zack
    – Epic Archmage with Lightning / Reset / Reborn (+23%), Blessed Idol (+20%), and Vitality flag (+10%) is easily over 4800… Add Underdog (+40%), and he’s well over 6,000. With Witch boosting, 7,000-7,500 is possible. What was the banner and gear?

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@graugeist Yeah, but basically it was only an Wizard and neither an Archmage nor an elite Archmage…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Even so, depending on the banner, it could be legit.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

Oh, and he wasn’t mastery 12…

Tyrannical Ducktator
    @tyrannicalleadr

You guys haven’t seen anything at all until the opponent hits you with two rage chilies consecutively I was winning almost perfectly with 21k health on my banner and next thing I know the double chilie gave the opponent an easy win first was red 6k and then it was chucks wizard with the paladin and elite pirate all with offensive set items including the banner which was anger management I was so sad my last objective was to win 3 battles in a row and it was my last try and I was so sad

Tyrannical Ducktator
    @tyrannicalleadr

I’m glad the new update just came out to clear the issue in the arena removing cheaters

angryde
    @angryde

@tyrannicalleadr Lol, we’ll see about that, I guess… some of us have learned – through bitter experience – not to put faith in Rovio’s pre-update promises!!

Tyrannical Ducktator
    @tyrannicalleadr

Oh I forgot you were here from the beginning well I’m optimistic towards this update now that mastery of fifteen has been reached and many people would love to get their hands on them Rovio will have to do something in order to prevent some people to cheat

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

I have a FB “friend” who was playing the game at lvl 12 and is now at lvl 999. My moral question is do I report this person?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

From the Angry Birds Epic Facebook:

When we hear the epic community grumbling we listen closely. That’s why we’ve integrated Anti-Cheat features in update 1.4.7. And here’s what it does:

– In Event leaderboards cheaters will be named and shamed and lose their progress (who wants to wear a ‘Cheater’ badge)
    – Don’t fear to face cheated lvl99 birds in the arena battles anymore, matchmaking will ignore cheaters

It’s not perfect, yet, but as hatchlings grow up to become Angry Birds so will our Anti-Cheat system! And you can still report obvious cheaters so we can take care of these sneaky scoundrels ABEpic style.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Jinxed, I was about to post that here as well XD

I wonder what they mean by this “Cheater” badge. They will lose their progress (by which I think they will return to 0 points). Will their name be changed to “Cheater”? Will they get a special frame of shame (like, a poo frame)? I’m really curious to see one of them.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Yeah, ABEpic style aka the style that screws over honest players in the process. I think this should be the actual post: @angryjohnny @smwforever45

When we hear the epic community grumbling we listen closely. That’s why we’ve integrated Anti-Play features in update 1.4.7. And here’s what it does:

– The game will crash inherently like crazy making you question whether that is how you play the game or not.
    – Try to mess up the save file of honest players in the process by resetting them unknowingly.
    – Make sure that the local save system is completely removed (yes those sons of breeds did that this time) so you don’t have a chance if something does go wrong.
    – Not give the players any other option of recovering the files as there is only one sync system in the game and the end thread is operated by us making you wait for our response.
    – Reply with a message saying “We have a lot of backlog, so sorry yada yada.”
    – Release a buggy update with a new experimental feature right during a week when an event is supposed to launch offering a reward that is limited time and only can be obtained by waiting for god knows how long or with LCs because we love you.

It’s not perfect, yet, but as hatchlings grow up to become Angry Birds so will our Anti-Cheat system! Till then suffer like those hatchlings who has to get used to the harshness of this world and the symphony of existence by struggling every day with their incapabilities! And you can still report obvious cheaters so we can take care of these sneaky scoundrels ABEpic style which will inevitably affect you as well in any way because we suck. Happy playing. :)

Yes, I am extremely salty. Currently my salt level with this update is more than Dead Sea. If I had tables in my house I’d be flipping them all day long.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The update works pretty well on my device, I’m pretty okay right now :)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 1,301 through 1,325 (of 1,378 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.