Cheaters

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 1,378 total)
  • Replies
  • Bubbley
    @bubbley

@larry I am not very good at this. I have uploaded the image but now I can’t link it to this message.

burbman
    @burbman

@bubbley – the time zone note was referring to the question of whether the top three who had scores 5,500 – 7,500 higher than the poster were cheating. I agree that over the course of the week this would clear itself up, but when looking at status any time other than at the time of day that coincides with the start/finish of the weekly tournament, could result in seeing an opponent who has legitimately met one more set of objectives than yourself. Also as you state, it is possible to earn as many as 5,500 trophies per day through game play alone, however I would be suspect of anyone who had enough time to average more than 3,000 or so daily. Based on this, any scores in excess of 65-70,000 per week would likely have played additional daily objectives either intentionally or not. (44,000 for daily objectives x 8, + 21-26,000 for game play)

Jim151
    @jim151

Could also be that they are in a different time zone and daily objectives have already reset for them. Also, it is possible that they got an accidental reset, and did not notice. A variance that small would probably be explained by something other than outright cheating. The cheaters I have seen reset multiple times, and build up trophy counts in one day far in excess of what can possibly be achieved in a weeks worth of normal play.

Well, now the #1 guy is 14,500 ahead of me, and #2 over 10,000. At 17,100, I’m pretty close to the max that one can get honestly without playing and re-rolling constantly and the #1 guy is close to double that. Again, nothing outrageous, but still fishy.

@bubbley, got it here for you. Linked it from your album. Below the picture you should be able to find an html code for medium size embedding. You should be able to copy-paste that into your post.

bubbley leaderboard

This is actually interesting, since this gonzo fellow was the fourth cheater on the last leaderboard. This does show however that the current gold league should be full of cheaters by now. We’re just stuck with the ultimate loser cheaters… :) Feel sorry for this dude that he got stuck in silver after all the effort. Let’s hope he’ll be on Rovio’s list to root them out.

It also means that it makes no sense to advance to gold anytime soon (or at least until Rovio takes action), since any league starting with gold will be full of these people by now.

@bubbley, time zones have a lot to do with the discrepancies you get with leaderboard scores. Also it is true that during non-cheating gameplay, most people get 8 sets of objectives each week. This is NOT the case if you are in a timezone with midnight at the start/finish of the arena (GMT+4 or West part of Central Asia). Then you only get 7. This use of time zones is the largest problem when it comes to unfair competition and is also completely unnecessary.

On top of that, there is no programmed limit for arena goals in a week, since the goals can easily be reset by using an exploit, without limiting objectives for the rest of the week. This is how the cheating is done and has been confirmed by several players who all reported the method to Rovio. I am by now aware of two different methods and one of them is already described in this ABE forum.

TomC
    @tomc

Well actually a more accurate statement would be the Gold League at Level 41 is likely full of cheaters but my friend who’s at Level 22 in the Gold League has all normal scores.

burbman
    @burbman

@jim151 – actually at 17,100 through three full days, you are very near the minimum number of points for players who have achieved all three objectives each day (only 600 trophies from game play). It is very likely that someone could have played enough to obtain the additional trophies, plus potentially one additional set of daily objectives to reach those scores. I personally am well over 20k legitimately this week.

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

I agree – I am 24k and have not cheated at all and have had no resets.

It’s relatively easy with decked out birds to just play and win for hours on end.

I played for 8 hours the other day and didn’t lose a single match.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@larry thanks for doing that for me.

I didn’t know that some players only had seven sets of objectives, sorry.

As I mentioned I was ill yesterday and played for about 8 hours. It’s not something I could keep up. Having just completed my objectives I have almost 37k. This is with no reset of objectives. I did reset my banners – sadly 2 crashes resulted in 2 losses.

The leader on my board has almost 49k. I think with resets because she has jumped 11k at a time on 2 occasions. I may be wrong but I really don’t think anyone could play more than I did yesterday.

@tomc
    this morning I have played 3 gold league players strangely. They were lower ranking and not well equipped. I guess some players are lucky enough to have no cheaters. I only had one week before last and this week so far possibly only one. So perhaps I will advance although not entirely sure I want to.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Has anyone had to play any cheaters from the posted boards? I have come across XyuBam and Sanne and Highheels from my previous week. I have also played 3 people who post in this forum.

It could be that as long as you are not in the top 3, you get easier opponents. I have noticed getting more difficult and higher league opponents when I reach the top of a league.

@bubbley
    , jumping a few thousand in an hour is a pretty good giveaway of reaching objectives and doing this multiple times means multiple objectives. I commend you on your grinding in the arena, the accumulated points are impressive. Most people with these kind of results would definitely be cheating! The 11K actually sounds like only 2 sets of objectives which could result from using multiple devices. 2 devices get 2 sets of objectives which results at 11K. Is that 11K jump once per day or multiple times per day? Using 2 devices sadly is not really cheating but programmed behavior…

@tomc, absolutely right. Since cheaters likely will have cheated their way up on the XP ladder anyway, they would mostly be lvl 41…

Jim151
    @jim151

actually at 17,100 through three full days, you are very near the minimum number of points for players who have achieved all three objectives each day (only 600 trophies from game play). It is very likely that someone could have played enough to obtain the additional trophies, plus potentially one additional set of daily objectives to reach those scores. I personally am well over 20k legitimately this week.

Well, this morning after getting all my objectives, I decided to play as long as I could. Won about 20-25 before losing 3 times and got a whopping 600 points*. I’m 7,000 out of 3rd place and 20,000 out of first. Seems like a waste of time.

*I’m sure this is just a coincidence, but it seems quite odd: In every spin while the daily objectives hadn’t been met, I got the 50 trophy every time. Once the objectives were met and I was playing for nothing but the spin, I never got the 50, not even once. If you don’t get the 50, the max you can get is 50, and it’s usually lower than that. Am I missing something here?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@larry the player in question just jumped 11k once each day. I guess I don’t feel so bad if she is not cheating. I thought multiple devices are synchronised so that achievements don’t get lost.

@jim151
    I get the 50 trophy randomly. I achieved my objectives in about 20 minutes yesterday. In the remaing 8 hours of play I got it as much as anything else. I did reroll if I had 3 stars and only a 10 and 15 trophy but only once each time. Whether I improved or not was also random.

burbman
    @burbman

I just logged on to the game on my second device, and it showed the same daily objectives as my primary, and showed that I had already obtained all three. To get some benefit this way would take some intentional effort on a user’s part, as it is not a case of simply playing on different devices at different times of the day.

@burbman, that’s good to know. What if you log on to both devices and play at the same time? Do you get both objectives then? I heard something about playing 2 devices getting different objectives. It’s somewhere in this forum. Any idea what happens at midnight? Just curious if this is knowingly cheating or not… I do believe they should be active at the same time anyway.

burbman
    @burbman

Never tried to log on to two devices for the first time in one day simultaneously. To me that would indicate a clear desire to cheat the system, and should not be tolerated.

Anonymous

@larry I wait until midnight sometimes and do the objectives when they reset. But they are the objectives for the next day and say if I wake up and get on they are already completed. So basically I’m just doing them early.

Ishkibob
    @paulkuhnusn

I was with gonzo before, nice to see him waste his time now, like he made me do too

burbman
    @burbman

Logged in to two devices simultaneously this morning, and received two different sets of objectives. Only played on my secondary device though, and when I logged back in to my primary device later, objectives were reset to match the secondary device with my progress carried over.

filthycasual
    @filthycasual

@burbman that’s very interesting. I would love to know what happens when you complete the different objectives on both devices. I can’t think of any way to do this without being unkind to other players who might have you on their leaderboards.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@filthycasual You could try finish all objectives on both devices and if you get points for them all just skip doing the objectives the next day. It all evens out in the end.

burbman
    @burbman

@filthycasual That is exactly my current dilemma, Top eight on my leaderboard all look to have legit scores, and are within ten thousand trophies. If it was populated with obvious cheaters, I wouldn’t think twice about testing things further. If I move up to gold league, I want to know I did it 100% legally.

@burbman, thanks for checking. In one of the other discussions, multiple device use was mentioned to work for double credits for the achievements. Good that you’re not intending to cheat your other league members. However, I also agree with @angryjohnny. If you like to try, you could consider just not playing the objectives the next day…

I’m currently exploiting some side effects of my reset method and not playing the arena more than one set per day (just enough to stay at 4 or lower). I could play dozens of these sets if I’d like to. I did test it however early in the week and let everyone overtake me again. I’m purposely passing the opportunity for the gold league because of this (tough trying to be a good guy :) ).

I would really really love to get in touch with no2 and 3 though to share the cheat and kick out that gonzo fella… In case they are checking out this thread, @SirPranceAlot (no3) and unnamed player (no2), if you like to kick out Gonzo, get in touch with me!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 1,378 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.