Cheaters

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 1,378 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

BTW — There are 14 people in my league (including me).

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

You get a new set of objectives every day, for you. This is why you see some people enter their second day’s worth of objectives earlier than others. If you lived in Asia then you would begin your weekly battle shortly before midnight. This means that in an hour or so you get a new day. If you then completed your new daily objectives then to those west of you who are playing it would appear as though you have cheated even though you did not, then at the end you will get your final day to complete when they will not because their day will not finish before the end. It’s very confusing and hard to tell who is actually ahead when you are near the end because you have no idea who is going to overtake you with a new set of objectives becoming available.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 I believe the start of the Arena week in California is 12 pm on Sunday. At this time, you (mvnla2) get 3 new objectives. At 12 am, you get a new set of objectives. And you get another set of objectives at 12 am on each of the following days. On the Sunday morning you can continue to try to finish your last set of objectives before the new week starts at 12 pm.

Someone in London gets their first objectives for the arena week at 8 pm on Sunday night, and they get their next set of objectives at 12 am. So they have a 4 h period to finish their first objectives. And if they continue to play after midnight they could complete 2 sets of objectives within 5 h of starting the new Arena week. But on the following Sunday they have until 8 pm to finish their final objective. So generally you get the same number of new objectives over the week where ever you are, you just get more or less time to complete objectives at the start and end of the week.

The rewards from the objectives totals 5,500. The max reward from battles is 75 points. So you need a lot of battles to make up for a missed objective.

I think in your case you have been put into a leaderboard where someone (23k) has completed 3 objectives and completed a lot of extra battles. Somewhere between 17.5 and 18.5k looks like a typical score after 3 sets of objectives and doing a small number of additional battles.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Regarding time arena objectives are set – Does anybody know how people living in Moscow get their first set of objectives and first set of daily objectives? Midnight in moscow is at same time arena events finish.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@cosmo2503 Doesn’t it start/end at 11pm in Moscow? Someone has to lose out and only get 7 sets of objectives.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@kerravon Moscow time is 3 hours before CET. I got my objectives at 9 p.m, which is time arena event ends/starts new arena event (it is midnight Moscow time).

@mvnla2, @steven-dunn-5648, it also makes a big difference in wood league. This is the league where anyone in the world may randomly decide to start playing the arena ends up in. The higher leagues are much less likely to have late starters since everyone has already been playing the previous league and knows about the end date and time. Also, after the event resets, you have until midnight to play the objectives given and nobody wants to miss out on those, since it might but you in the last place for the rest of the league.

The proposed method is definitely less suitable for new players, but any league above wood might work.

@mvnla2, just to answer your earlier question, here’s an overview of reasonable scores.

Objectives: 5500 + regular battles with varying scores would end up on average around 6500 points per day before someone has lost 3 fights.
    Players with high ranking birds could achieve this amount plus let’s say another 2500, which involves quite a bit of arena grinding. With using friendship essence rerolls to get high scores after each fight, it is feasible to reach upto 10000 in one day. This is hard work though.

You have to pay attention to the jumps in points. A gradual increase throughout the day does not indicate cheating. Big jumps in the scores on different instances during the day indicate objectives being reset.

You being joined in your league by players with high scores could also undermine the theory at the foundation of our experiment next week.

petekeeling
    @petekeeling

@senigami So I let my rainbow bar fill, didn’t watch the vid and got a set item on spinning a friends free spin. But now my rainbow bar is empty? I thought this was a way to get daily set items? I was guaranteed a set item anyway and wasted it on the banner thinking it’d be there for a set item after?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@petekeeling That was patched months ago.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@petekeeling, yes @angryjohnny is right. I hadn’t updated but now I have and the rainbow bar trick no longer works. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted :-) To be honest though, going through the game the set items only seem to be slightly above what I can build other weapons for so it’s not really a big deal. I think the only advantage with them is the matched set bonus. Otherwise it isn’t really a big deal to play the game without them. In my level 7 game I often outclass the few set items I had with built items as I progress and gain levels.

Elespejo
    @espejo123

look now:

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Honestly one would think Rovio would simply purge them from the server. Move them to their own board or something. Take all the fair players and move them to other boards where they have a chance. BS

Paladin
    @jsant

I guess that is what you get for getting to Diamond so soon ;)

But seriously, that is total BS. Come on Rovio, we love you but it’s been a month already. Please fix the game so everyone has a fair chance.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@espejo123 LOL!!! I guess one of them will eventually figure out that the best score to have to avoid getting knocked out of the top 3 is -1.

@killerkea, HA! you’re right! shh… :)

Guess cheaters can’t stop themselves from getting many numbers…

Mimi27
    @mimi27

I guess I’m lucky there is only one cheater in my silver league. She’s got 80-some thousand points while the rest of us are in the 25,000 range. I wonder what goes through her head when she sees the scoreboard. What is the point of being 60,000 ahead of everybody? It’s obvious what she’s doing. I’m tempted by the ABN league concept but I’m at work at 2:00 Cali time and I’m nervous about losing out on an entire set of objectives.

Doc Mayank
    @doc-mayank

This one guy in my league just went from a score from under 10k to 35k.. I’m at 33.
    I really wonder how these people find out about these bugs… Frustrating!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mimi27 I see you in 5th place right behind me with the cheater Kaylinn ahead of everyone else. It is also surprising that a level 40 player is in 2nd place because he or she probably won’t have many set items and the ones the player is likely to have would be weaker than everyone else’s. I’ve completed every objective and would probably advance if the cheater wasn’t in our group. I don’t have time to grind a few thousand points to pass the current 3rd place player. Last week when I did a little grinding 2 people reset their objectives to pass me and knock me from 2nd to 4th.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

@killerkea, I was wondering if that was you! I’m totally stuck with my current set of objectives that should have been easy (win 2 with Mathilda, 5 with Guardian and 5 with Blues) but I miscalculated on two battles and am down to a single try. It seems like my opponents are way more difficult than they were at the start of the week, and it’s taken forever for me to find decent opponents just to meet my first objective. I’m happy to stay in Silver since I just got here, but I feel bad for you, since you’d be in a good spot to advance except for Kaylinn and her 88,675 points.

At this point, you’ll probably keep your lead ahead of me, but that’s cool–at least we both know we earned our spots legitimately!

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea You never can tell what some players may have. It is entirely possible the level 40 player has used lucky coins to get up to date set items. And they would only need a couple of key complete sets to really get an advantage (e.g. Dragon Breath, Reborn and Save Me!).

@mimi27
    The Matilda and Blues objectives are pretty straight forward for me, as these are part of my regular team. I have the Save Me! set for Blues – which is a real advantage. But the Guardian objective is a bit of a pain. I managed to get through with my Level 3 Skulkers today, with a lot of selecting to find the right opponents. Again, the Save Me! set was invaluable for this.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

@kerravon, Blues are part of my regular team as well, although I only have the sling. Where I messed up was in trying to achieve too many objectives in one battle, and I ended up losing two battles early on. This has made me extremely cautious and I finally met the Matilda objective. It just seems like I’m having a much harder time finding decent opponents the last day or so–very frustrating because I’d like to do more than turn my iPad on and off in search of opponents.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mimi27 We now have 2 cheaters in our league, but Ramirez is a smarter cheat. This morning I got within 70 pts of 3rd place and a short time later he suddenly had a score 5760 pts higher. Obviously he reset his objectives, but I didn’t take any screen shots. I suspected this would happen since it keeps happening. The smarter cheaters often wait till the last couple of days before reseting their objectives so it is harder to tell that they are cheating.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Last week I was in 6th place until half an hour before the finish. In that half an hour I was knocked to 11th by last minute objective resets or other because at least the top 4 were cheating any way but they didn’t keep their places either.

I know the top 4 perhaps 5 are cheating this week but apart from 1 and 2 quite cleverly. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a last minute reshuffle again. I intend to take screen shots this week.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

@killerkea, I’m so tempted to change my name on the leaderboard to “look at the cheaters” or something like that. First place now has 115,805 points. Nobody else besides us and the people above us even seem to be playing anymore.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 1,378 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.