Challenge in C Minor – New Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Challenge in C Minor – New Event!

• Another new event is here. The Energon Squad is the leading squad.

Good luck people and have fun.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Replies
  • SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Blaster, Energon Soundwave and Energon Optimus Prime available with all accessories.

Only one bot can be used. No energonicon.

Almost exactly two years since the original “Challenge in C Minor” event (it ran from 1/23/16 to 1/30/16). I wonder if this one will be messed up by a hard update and have to be reran as “Encore in C Minor” after the next event too.

I’ve got a 560% bonus so I guess I’ll try to get EOP’s Star Saber but running E.Grimlock by himself without an energonicon is going to be annoying so I might not. I guess it will depend on if there are a lot of pig and low scoring target days or not.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

I’m going for overpowering Blaster

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Why is the event called Challenge in C Minor when there’s another name “Soundwave Superior” below it? Wasn’t there an actual event called Soundwave Superior?

Geli
    @geli

@sntrooper Wait until the new “promote” TFs Hit the leaderboards.  16000 spark needed to get to 150%.  175% promoted is the new ceiling.  Available at the low, low cost of 73,000 spark to advance to that 175%.

Re-balancing the game.  Gotta love it.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This really kills me.

I was recharging to get myself to the 150K level.

Through my all of my three recharges (12 runs total) I didn’t get a single Unicron or BP run, and when I finished I was frustratingly 3K show of my goal of 150K.

So I went and did a 4th recharge and BOOM: Unicron shows up.

Here’s the kicker, I was impatient, my first recharge came 10 minutes before my last “natural” run of the day.  If I’d waited, that would’ve been the one extra run that I needed.

Geli
    @geli

Had the opposite happen to me.  Got lucky and had Unicron appear on last run before having to make a gem recharge.  Got me past the 100k Level with 10 minutes left.  Saved 60 gems.

Discrepancy 3a from Day 3
    Discrepancy 2 from Day 2Discrepancy 1 from Day 2Discrepancy 3 from Day 3

I’m not sure what order these screenshots are displaying in so I won’t worry about that. Anyway, two of them are from the end of Day 2, and two are from the beginning of Day 3. I didn’t notice any similar discrepancies for Day 1, but that doesn’t mean that there weren’t any.

Now, could someone please explain to me who (or what) these players are, and how they are able to participate in this event without using a Transformer (or, at the very least, why their Transformer’s icon is not displaying in my leaderboard?

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@jimmy-necessary I had a few people like that on my leaderboard today too until I updated the app, then they showed up as having the new red higher promotion.

I don’t think that Rovio/Exient should do that to players who haven’t yet updated because it’s confusing.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jimmy-necessary So why haven’t you updated?

@datguygamer  I have slow internet speed. Combine that with frequently occasional interference from a nearby military base, and it sometimes takes forever just to download updates. I don’t like that because it keeps me from being able to play this game as well as other games on my iPad.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jimmy-necessary What type of connection do you use?

@datguygamer I have a mobile hotspot device for wi-fi internet, but I’ve already used up all of the high speed internet access for my data plan this month, so I’m stuck with slow speed internet access until it is time to renew my data plan again. Unfortunately, I can’t use the high speed internet for downloading updates because I would run out of the high speed internet within 24 hours after renewing the data plan. That normally wouldn’t be a problem except I live near a military base which seems to cause a moderate to severe rate of interference. Sometimes, even with high speed internet, I still have connection difficulties thanks to the interference caused by the military base.

Asen_77
    @asen

Play all 4 hearts and then start update. Even on the slow speed internet isn’t it normal to be downloaded for 4 hours or leave it for update for whole night for example? If the speed is that slow I am surprised that game is able to start you the event with such a low internet connection. This is strange …

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jimmy-necessary I asked about the connection type itself rather than the method but judging by what you’re saying due to interference issues, it seems you are using a ISDN service due to it being a mobile hotspot. You should upgrade to DSL or ADSL as they won’t be ineterfered by anything.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

NO F’ING WAY!

I was in 1st place, 253K vs. 229K with 15 minutes to go.

I just logged back on and I finished SECOND?!!?!

WTF??????

The extra +35% in the new update is forcing me to re-evaluate the way this game plays.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This is killing me.  I’ll just do a couple more runs just to get enough tokens for L16 Blaster, but that’s it.  I’m done for the event after that.  I was planning to go for L17 as well, and although it’s still arithmetically possible to do so, I don’t think I can muster the will to do it.  I need my sleep.

Asen_77
    @asen

@optimuspig Bigger spire level could gave you enough tokens for upgrade, but could cost you tons of Gems. Probably doesn’t worth?

Defeating Unicron PigI finally defeated Unicron Pig for second time within the past month (the first time was during the last run on the last day of a previous event). This screenshot was taken during the last hour of Day 3. It’s always so difficult for me to completely defeat Unicron Pig before boarding the Astro Train, it has, otherwise been ages since I last completely defeated him.

@optimuspig
     What was the promotion level of your competition? Did your final score look different than the score you had when you logged out of the game? You may be up against a cheater who probably swooped in after you had logged out. In the future, don’t log out of the game until after the event challenge day ends so that you can monitor the activity of your competition.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@asen

I refuse to play the Spire anymore.  I quit as soon as I get to the first pig.

I’ve already wasted enough gems on it.

I don’t know how other players are reporting such good progress on it.

I’ve never made it past L10 (except that one time I wasted several thousand gems in a Spire frenzy).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@jimmy-necessary

My score when I claimed was exactly the score I had when I shut down.

Normally I would hang around to monitor what’s going on, but I was busy and that was as far as I could stretch it, unfortunately.

I was at +150% (+600%) and the other guy was at +175% (+700%).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’ll admit, I did enjoy the “luxury” of not having to wake up in the middle of the night to get in my runs.

I think that by itself is worth taking off Days 4-6 and trading L17 Blaster for sleep.

Asen_77
    @asen

@optimuspig I played Spire as same as you – just a few levels since they started this in AB2. Now I played twice to bigger level just for Achievement. First time reached level 38 and because of two levels achievement was without any minus on gems. I was hopping that after level 10 with level 38 I could get them all, but unfortunately get only 2/3 of this achievement. Then I saw level 60 for 3/3 and probably will try some time but this is a very big risk to spend and lose a lot of gems that wont be returned with 1000 Gems reward. If I have a luck to play and to reach some bigger level like 35-40 and to spend something like 385 till then I will probably try for level 60, but other way it will not worth. Bad thing is that with only 2-3 mistake you can spend thousand of Gems and everything could lose idea. Steps of doubling wrong choices could be very expensive, unfortunately.

BTD
    @daabnoob

Because they just use the try out transformers.

pppuffs
    @pppuffs

Question:  accessory for Blaster?  Explosive force or faster recharge first? THX

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Challenge in C Minor – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.