Cave 12 , Battle 10 Boss

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cave 12 , Battle 10 Boss

Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Replies
  • Joey
    @joeyba

can someone explain pls how to finsih the level with 1 or 2 stars just to move on? without using tons of potions?
    Prince Porky keeps getting killed. I read all the comments but can’t seem to find the way to finish the level and move to cave 13.
    help appreciated.
    cc @mvnla2 @mighty-red-1

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@joeyba There is always Mighty Eagle’s Favorite dish.

Joey
    @joeyba

so if i use it it will kill it direct and the level ends? @toothgnasher
    this is interesting but my wild side wants to try to play it and kill it myself :) for revenge lol

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@joeyba You can try Paladin, Rainbird and Druid.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

@joeyba Samurai with Grand slam set items, Lightning bird and Sea Dog. I managed to beat this level with that combo stunning boss so often he didnt even hit me once. 3 stars :D

Joey
    @joeyba

Tried today Lightning Paladin and Druid. was slow but worked fine for 2 stars. Will move on to Cave 13 finally then come back later on to deal with 3 stars.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mighty-red-1 — I finally got this one with Paladin level 9 with Dragon-tooth set, Druid level 8 with Yin/Yang, and Prince Porky, plus a huge amount of potions.
    It’s true that I haven’t tried this for a few? weeks, but it took forever.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2. Congratulations! I’m glad you finally 3x starred 12-10. I haven’t tried for a week or so… did you use, like, 30 BVCakes!?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde — I didn’t keep track of exactly how many I used, because I really didn’t want to know, but since you ask, I’ll guess. Before starting I stocked up on potions, more than 40 of each, probably ~45, because I didn’t want to be influenced by the fear that I was running out. So I probably used ~30 cherry juice and 20 fruit cakes so that I wouldn’t have to use Matilda for healing. I also used at least 10 BVC. That number seems really low, so maybe I started with more than 50, which would make the number more like 20? I used a BVC as soon as I’d emptied the chili, and made sure Paladin’s health was always at full strength. Also protected Paladin and anyone being attacked. Fortunately most of the attacks were directly against Paladin, which left him pretty free to attack. BTW — all of my potions are at full strength.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2. Thanks for the detailed summary. Alas, it’s a I feared. I’m going to back a few committed attempts to 3x star 12-10 over the next couple of day and I fully expect to burn-through at least 30-60 BVCakes. Dear Lord.

bluedj27
    @bluedj27

Mighty Red is right, this strategy sounds bad but it worked for me to get 3*s. So, you don’t have to wait until your birds are level 10. I tried every combo that I could think of, reserched combos online, strategized on paper, tried and failed for almost 2 weeks. I’m level 41 and ended up using Paladin level 7, Druid level 8 and Prince Porky level 42/1 with 22 pig cherry juice rank 6 and 3 BVC at 75%. Farming potion ingredients are a real pain, but if you really want to get the 3*s for every level, you gotta do what you gotta do. This was my last battle to get to 906 stars. Good Luck peeps!

GX
    @kokhien

Here is what I used: Paladin with steel set, Princess with honey set, Prince (30000+3000+3799=36799)
    Kill kobold with prince (may have to hit him once with either birds) then slowly kill boss. Use chili on Paladin when healing is not required (maintain the cross chairs on Paladin). Takes a looonnng time, the longest boss battle I had.
    Did this with level 7-8 birds

pkstl
    @paulknappstl

@angryde @MVNLA2 I was right there with you guys…tried every possible combo I could think of. My birds are lvl 41 mastery 9-10 with all lvl 41 legendary sets. Couldn’t get a 3* to save my life. Came here and saw the Prince Porky idea…that’s what did it for me. Took WAY longer than many of the other attempts I made but killing off the ghost in the beginning is what puts you over the top. My winning combo:

Samurai lvl 41 mastery 10 with Steel Wall set
    Druid lvl 41 mastery 9 with Sweet set
    Prince Porky

Just make sure you kill ghost at start and end with full health. Good luck!

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@paulknappstl Are you sure ? Because there are 25*20*15=7500 possible combos with 3 birds and 25*20*3=1500 possible combos with 2 birds+ 1 pig ally……

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@paulknappstl My method is in another thread. I used Paladin, Bard and Prince Porky. All mastery 7 or 8 at the time. The trick is to keep Prince Porky alive, and Bard’s healing over time is good for this, plus a dose of Matilda’s Medicine. You also want to arm Paladin with the hammer set. When you get the pig boss knocked out you should go to work. Try to keep knocking him out with both birds and give Paladin the rage chilli.

lwilkey
    @laurannwilkey

I had the best luck using Samurai, Druid, and Prince Porky. My guys were level 41, class 7. I didn’t have any set bonuses and was able to get 3 stars using only a couple chili rages, and a few of the healing potions. 1st attack with everyone. 2nd turn use a chili on Prince porky to eliminate small ghost, heal with Druid and shield with Samurai. Continue the long drawn out battle by attacking every time with prince, shield every other time with Samurai, heal with Druid every time, except when new vines are needed then attack. Use the chili rage on Matilda when it fills up to avoid going through too many potions. Near the end when pig is doomed, use a chili on prince to eliminate not just knock out the big guy. And use whatever healing potions needed to make sure you’re full health before striking the final death blow with prince.

lwilkey
    @laurannwilkey

The problem using Paladin is he only shields 30%, and he’s the one always taking the damage, so how do you get around not using potions? Unless you have really special set weapons and shields that I don’t. Also, the pig heals 200%. So he deals 1310 damage and heals 2620, and Paladin can only heal about 300 of that when he attacks. Using Samurai the pig deals 1008 and heals for 2016, so you get through the battle quicker using Samurai. Perhaps I was just unlucky that the pig nearly always attacked different targets so I rarely benefited with Paladin’s shield lasting 3 turns.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@laurannwilkey
    The description of my method is in this thread

Has anyone beaten cave 11 with only pig allies?

Prince Porky used to be much weaker than he is now – in terms of health and damage. He could not survive a hit from the cave boss and the cave effect in the same turn, even with Samurai’s shielding protection. It might be a little different now that his health has been increased.

One way to direct the attack away from Prince Porky is to use Paladin. You do get enough healing from Paladins attack, Bards Soothing Song and Matilda’s Medicine to bring Paladins health up to a good level again. It doesn’t matter if you don’t get him back to 100% health all the time. I think I usually got him back to 70-80% health before the next attack came.

There are a number of options to help. You can give Paladin a stunning weapon and an offhand item with vigor (to give a chance of a stun and reduce damage), Protector’s Aura set (to reduce the damage taken and get critical damage), the Hammer set (to get a 2 turn stun) and various combinations. Which ever option you take, this is a very slow battle.

I think I had a stunning weapon and the Steel Wall (8% damage reduction). Bard had the Nightmare set – with an old Doom. I also used a few veggie cakes so I could use Matilda’s Medicine and I only needed a few healing potions at the end to bring everyone’s health back up to 100%. And yes, the boss rarely attacked the same target twice in a row, so Paladin had to set his Devotion every round. The only thing that allowed me to get ahead was if I got a stun. Then you could go to work and perhaps have Paladin do a Heroic Strike.

angryde
    @angryde

I HATED this boss… I wasted so many potions trying – over and over – to three star this level… BEFORE someone told me about the Prince Porky trick. So annoyed!

Brad
    @brad81483

GX, that worked great. I killed the little ghost with Prince Porky in my first move, and then I wore down the big guy with Paladin (level 8) and Princess (level 7). I am a level 45, and that got me a perfect 966 stars!!! I only had to use about ten potions and no burning veggie cakes. The downside is that it took a good half hour.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cave 12 , Battle 10 Boss

Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.