Can't Login to FB on iPad Mini

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Can't Login to FB on iPad Mini

• I’ve been trying to login to FB for a week since I got this game. When I try to login, it goes to FB, then immediately restarts the game. I need the friends LMAO Any ideas? Thanks!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Replies
  • Doc Mayank
    @doc-mayank

Do you have the app installed or logging in through the browser? You need the APP. If that doesn’t work, log out of ABE. Log out of FB. Delete both apps, reboot. install ABE & FB, log in to ABE. After doing this, log in to FB app through ABE. This should work.

Vicki Coursey
    @vcoursey

Thank you! That worked perfectly! :)

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Next time try following these steps first.

1. Go to your nest and then at the login tab at the totem (where you can login Rovio, Facebook, etc.)
    2. Log out from your Rovio account
    3. Log in to Facebook
    4. Log in to Rovio account
    NOTE: Don’t switch to any other tab or close the window, else it brings you back to the map and you have to do it again.
    5. Facebook should automatically log out. Relog again (this time Facebook login pops up).

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

The two days instead of the FB friends appearing automaticly I’ve had to log in. It goes to FB page and returns to friends list but only mc cool is listed but if you exit and come back to friends list they are all there and stay there until you quit playing. You then have to rinse and repeat the above any time you start again. (A prompt to login to FB showed up yesterday which I never seen before. It is working but it is a lot of trouble. this on a iPad Air

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@neomerlinmagic I am having a great deal of trouble with this. My FB Friends disappeared but they can see me because I still get requests for FE and they can borrow my birds. The FB button says Log in already. I try but can’t. I have tried logging out of Epic etc. it doesn’t work.

When I tap the log in button my machine automatically goes to FB and asks me to confirm that I authorise Rovio. I hit confirm the screen automatically launches Epic and the map appears.

@dallasreds
    sorry but I don’t follow what you are saying. When I try to log in all I get is McCool also but the Facebook button still says log in as though the procedure failed. Are you saying that if I exit the game when looking at the friends list they will reappear? I also use iPad.

You can’t be saying that because I just tried it and it doesn’t change anything. When I try it goes to FB but doesn’t return to the friends list. Epic is automatically relaunched.

@anyone please help.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Solved it. Repetition does work!

Spoke too soon. Happened again.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bubbley
    When mc cool is alone there is new? FB login offer at bottom. Pick it and it takes me to FB screen and then it auto logins and returns to friend list.piggy is still alone but if you hit the red x and then check your friends list again they are Back now. If exit epic I have to do this every time. It used to stay logged in. Hope this helps.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@dallasreds and @bubbley The above steps I listed above are the steps to reconnect your Facebook when it says “Facebook login failed.” It doesn’t fix the new problem of logging in every session. The above steps are also used if you change your Facebook to a new account, like a gaming only account.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dallasreds thanks but when I use that button either in the nest or in the arena it takes me to the FB page then auto launches Epic from the beginning and takes me to the map. I don’t go to the nest or the Arena I have to choose to go and I’m still asked to connect or log in to FB.

I’m really stuck with this problem. Rovio have not responded to my request for help yet. Last time this happened they told me to log out of my Rovio account and then log in to FB. Then however although I had lost my friends the FB button still thought I was logged in and was saying log out. Logging out of my Rovio account brought the FB log in button up and so the problem was solved. I don’t know what to do. This problem is not the same.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@neomerlinmagic do you have any idea what I can do? Thanks.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bubbley
    I think you are right. Mine auto returns to the friends list. I think the last FB update maybe be to blame. I have never had to login to FB before. Epic always did it before. I had never seen the FB login on the friends before because Epic me logged in.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

This may be one that we have to live with until Rovio or Facebook fixes the problem. I believe this one is on Facebook, since they just did an update two days ago.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

If it is the FaceBook app there is one thing you can do to see if it solves the problem; log out from the FB app, open up Epic and log in to FB in the game (if needed). Quit the game and then start it up again. Are you still logged in to FB in Epic now?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryjohnny no the button in epic says log in to FB. FB I keep logged in.thanks

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

There is also a discussion about this problem in the Epic Bugs thread. Rovio answered my support request, which is copied there, however, someone (@neomerlinmagic ?) tried their approach and it didn’t keep them logged in, but did allow them to log in.
    I play on an old iPad2 running IOS7, and the latest version of Epic. I have problems similar to those mentioned above, but I am able to log in to FB for one session of Epic by doing the following:
    1) Open Epic, click on red totem in nest, and click in FB log-in button. This will go to FB and then back to load process for Epic. Usually no friends appear.
    2) Click on red totem and FB log-in button. This will either start a wheel spinning in the upper right, and ask you to wait. If so, fantastic! Your friends should be there.
    3) If not, rinse and repeat. I think I haven’t had to do this more than 3 times.
    Note that I think the red totem works better than the login button at the bottom of your friends list. Not sure I’ve tried that one so many times in succession. Maybe I just gave up watching the wheel spin, which seemed to take forever from your friends page. Much shorter from the totem.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Yes, I tried the steps that Rovio said to try, but Facebook is still not persistent after closing. I still have to log-in every time.

RovioKien
    @roviokien

Hey guys,

something seems to be broken in the Facebook connection of Epic since the FB App update May 8th. We’re investigating this!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 thank you. I didn’t have the FB app so I downloaded it. Now I have to log in every time I open Epic but it works. As I mentioned earlier my friends seem to be able to see me because I still get messages from them even though I can’t see them.

angryde
    @angryde

I am forced to do exactly what @mvnla2 has descried – https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/facebook-login-broken-again/ – each and every time. The connection never holds. I’ve submitted multiple support requests to Rovio. They finally admitted – less than two hours ago – that their ‘fixes’ don’t work and that I’ll just have to live with it until their technical people figure out what’s going on.

sal9
    @sal9

If you let your Facebook app running in the background, the connection seems to hold on my end. It’s only when I clear it from the multitask bar that I get disconnected.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@sal9 — Which device and operating system are you using? I’m on old iPad 2 still with IOS 7.
    Connection didn’t persist just now, but will try again.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 I’m on an iPad 2 iOS 8.3

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde — Thanks! At least it is not caused by the operating system. I should update to IOS 8, but when I updated to IOS 7 I lost all my progress on just about every game on my device. So I need to do a complete backup, which is probably long overdue anyway.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@mvnla2 I’m on iPad Air iOS 8.2 and mine doesn’t work either, but I can log in on the first try every time.

Angryneko
    @angryneko

that explains it. I hope it get fixed asap!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Can't Login to FB on iPad Mini

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.