Bubbles!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Bubbles!

• I, personally, would love to see Bubbles as a playable character in ABE. With this imagining of him, he would be a healer-type character that focused more on buffing his allies than straight-up healing like Matilda does. In the campaign, he would be placed around where you meet Professor Pig, and have his sprite placed around the level icons, like the others. His 3 sets would be:
    Mortar & Pestle (working name): When a craftable potion is used, it has a 70% chance to not be used. Stacks with Piggy McCool’s Free Items! ability.
    Chemical Reaction: *insert Beep Beep/RPS set details here*
    Alchemy!: Gives a 10% chance when an ally attacks for that ally to be healed by 100% of the damage they deal.

His weapon types would have the Dispel, Hokus Pokus, and Bedtime affixes, with Alchemy! getting Dispel, Chemical Reaction getting Hokus Pokus, and Mortar & Pestle getting Bedtime. His offhands would have Vigor and Vitality, with Mortar & Pestle and Alchemy! getting Vigor, and Chemical Reaction getting Vitality.

His default class would be Chemist. Its abilities would be:
    Explosive Admixture: Deal 85% damage and lower target’s attack by 15%.
    Leeching Admixture: Target receives 15% of all damage they deal returned to them as Health.

His 2nd class would be Artificer, which would have:
    Rust: Deal 25% damage initially and then deal 100% damage per turn for the next 3 turns.
    Repair: Heal target for <5%> initially, and then <25%> per turn for the next 3 turns.

His 3rd class would be Salve-Maker, with:
    Synergy Potion: Harm: deal 90% damage, increases the effect of your next Synergy Potion: Heal by 5%, can stack infinitely
    Synergy Potion: Heal: Heal target for <30%>, increases the effect of your next Synergy Potion: Harm by 5%, can stack infinitely

His 4th class would be Scholar, with:
    Dark Knowledge: Deal 85% damage, lowers target’s defense by 15%
    Succor: Heal target for <15%> and shield them against the next <13%> damage

His final class would be Alchemist, which is pretty much a copy/paste of the Merchant Pig class from Piggy McCool.

Finally, his Rage Ability would be:

Growth Admixture: Triples the damage of a random ally’s next 2 attacks

This last bit would be keeping with his AB ability of growing to massive sizes once tapped, keeping a bit of continuity with the actual character.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@leidiriv You have great ideas, but it’s too bad that Rovio doesn’t seem to be checking in to ABN in an obvious manner. I think Mortar & Pestle should have a different set because in PvP, no potions are allowed, so the set would just be like Pickpocket. But I guess that’s all right, it’s not too UP (underpowered) at all. I was thinking of a Hal class also called Alchemist that has an attack that would fill the chili by 5% (actually OP now that I think of it) whenever any pig was attacked(If it was filled whenever they attacked, too, that would be definitely OP), as well as a support that cleansed all birds, plus some healing. Do you have an idea of the class costs, or which is the LC class? Also, maybe could you suggest Bubbles’ attack power and health relative the other birds?

Leidiriv
    @leidiriv

I’d imagine that Salve-Maker would be the LC class, because it’s a complex one to use compared to some of the other classes in the game and has incredibly high potential for power. It would probably cost around 150 LC similar to Skulkers, and the others would probably cost the same amount of snoutlings as Matilda’s classes. His Attack stat would probably be between Chuck and Matilda’s on average, and his HP would be between The Blues and Bomb for scaling. Thanks for the reply :D

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

Bubbles will be very strong that others if you have ME’s Favorite Dish.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

How about Hal (boomerang)?
    Her weapons can be all different kind of boomerangs and she can perform swirl rage attack to hit all enemies.

Leidiriv
    @leidiriv

That’s why the Mortar & Pestle set has the clause that it only works with craftable potions. Obviously I wouldn’t make something that could duplicate MEFD.

Also… Hal would be a completely different subject. If you’re going to make a Hal idea, please make a separate thread for it rather than hijacking mine.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

Something I’d like to remind you about your Alchemist class is that Piggy Mc’Cool’s attack is…not very strong for a single-hit attack. So you should boost the attack power of it. And an attack that gives you 2 Snoutlings doesn’t seem to fit with the theme of Alchemist very much. I’m not assuming that you would just use the same damage formula for the Alchemist. Just my 2 cents for now.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@freckledpig147 well alchemists is known for trying to find the formula to turn other metals into gold ;-)

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@freckledpig147 @angryjohnny @leidiriv Idea : change a bit Alchemist’s powers compared to PMcC’s one : 2% chance to give LCs as a replacement of snoutlings…

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

So maybe the Mortar & Pestle set bonus should be 10% to drop LCs instead….

Leidiriv
    @leidiriv

Honestly, the ability to create LC’s is waaaay overpowered, considering that that’s the primary currency in this game that creates any semblance of a grind. If Alchemist/M&P got the ability to create LC’s, then that class/set would become mandatory for grinding, and then everyone would have every item within a couple weeks, which removes any duration for the game. It’s a cool idea in concept, but it would end up sucking the fun out of the game.

Leidiriv
    @leidiriv

Any other feedback about Bubbles? I’d love to see him in game, and I’m fairly certain there’s some details about him that people would want to discuss, such as strategies to use him in, among other things.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@leidiriv You could also take into account Bubbles’ health and attack power. For example, because of Chuck’s low health compared to the rest of the group, I rarely use him in battle. Red is favoured because of his high health and great attack, along with his defensive abilities. You should also consider how would Bubbles interact with the 2 other birds you pick. For example, Salve Maker could be used in conjunction with healing abilities or attack boosters to make it more effective. The Alchemy! set could also be used with Sugar Rush or Sweet! for extra healing.

Leidiriv
    @leidiriv

Well, given that each bird has a different level of HP/Attack, there is a very easy way to scale Bubbles’s HP/Attack. If we were to show levels of HP/Attack as a scale of 1 to 5, with (HP) 1 being Chuck’s HP, 2 being Blues’ HP, 3 being Matilda, 4 being Bomb, and 5 being Red, Bubbles would likely have a 2.5. For attack (correct me if I’m incorrect, my gear’s slightly uneven) 1 is Matilda, 2 is Red, 3 is Chuck, 4 is Bomb, and 5 is Blues. This would put Bubbles’s attack at about a 1.7.

Salve-Maker’s only healing/attack interaction is with its own abilities, so Synergy Potion: Harm wouldn’t buff Matilda’s heals, and Synergy Potion: Heal… I guess that would stack with Trickster/Pirate. Another interesting combo could be Skulkers/Lightning Bird, to add multiple stacks of the opposing potion’s buffs in one turn. Although, since Skulkers only spreads debuffs, I’m not sure if it would add more than one stack of the buff for Harm.

And yeah, Alchemy! could be used to get a bunch of extra healing with those two sets, but that’s part of the fun, finding new synergies and such :D

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Bubbles!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.