Boss Pig

• Why put in a character that is practically indestructible? I have Galvatron on L9 equipped with Vortex (10% cool down) and Cowboys hat (20% defense) and he can’t kill boss pig. In fact, I don’t think any of the characters in the Peace Through Tryanny comp can kill Boss Pig. I’ve gotten him twice and haven’t killed him either time. Has anyone been able to kill Boss Pig in this comp? If so, how did you do it?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • TheRedBird
    @redbird-justin

use starscream with the shock ability

CD
    @bartiedog

Will do. Thanks for the help.

Geli
    @geli

As for which character to use, sure, use Starscream on the chance that Boss Pig shows up. Be prepared to not get the full bonus for Featured Squad member and Featured Energonicon. Also be prepared to get 300 points as opposed to the 400 points it gave in previous events.

Or you could use a Featured Squad TF and switch out to Starscream as a buddy. Oh, wait… That’s right.. No buddy!

Think of Boss Pig as the IRS (folks in the U.S. Will understand that). Sometimes you just can’t beat the tax man. Take your lumps and move on.

AngrLee
    @angrlee

@bartiedog My level 15 Energon Lockdown with explosive rounds took out a boss pig today. He is also capable of taking out the missiles that boss pig send out that do such heavy damage.

Issue is always that you don’t know when BP node is coming so you can’t choose the right TF. It just happened that EL was one of the preferred characters this morning.

Agree with above as well. Using Eneergon Starscream with explosive rounds will also work. They are by far the two most powerful characters in the barracks now.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

+1 to @angrlee. Just ran into Boss Pig in Pig City and took him out easily with L15 ELockdown with Explosive Rounds and +20% Clip Size.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Not only is this the worst feature in the game, for reasons stated above — it’s the worst feature I can think of in any game I’ve played that I can recall, and I’ve been trying to come up with a counterexample for the past 24 hours.

renta1964
    @rvanoosten

Level 15 Bludgeon + reflector 10% damage + woolly hat +10% damage + sentinel +10% explosive force. Also done it with Level 15 Galvatron incl 21% weapon cooldown and 5 % fire rate. Not sure how they would have done without the accessories.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

So far, TFs that I’ve used to successfully kill Boss Pig:

– Starscream
    – E.Starscream
    – Galvatron
    – E. Galvatron
    – E. Grimlock (in other events, of course)

Galvagron and E. Starscream were by far the slowest at killing BP, and it was really more an exercise of killing BP’s missiles and then taking pot shots at BP to whittle down his health bit-by-bit.

So in the end, any TF that has either a super accurate weapon (e.g. the Galvatrons, Shockwave, the Grimocks) or a high enough rate of fire to just flood the skies with weapons fire (E. Starscream) should be able to keep the missiles off their backs long enough to outlast BP. In theory.

Hunter_Elite
    @blasphemy

The worst part is that this time they didn’t gave us a heads up about it, like in the last comp.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.