Boosting your Buddy – did it change?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Boosting your Buddy – did it change?

• A couple of things I’ve noticed recently.

The Buddy Boost Video now seems to be unlimited whereas back in the day (at least as recently as April – I used to very rarely use the buddy boost, so I don’t know for sure) it was limited, in the same way that the Coins Doubler video used to be limited but became unlimited sometime back in February(?)/March(?).

Also, I’m pretty sure that the boost used to just add +5s to the buddy’s onscreen duration but now it sets it to 15s regardless (I boosted a 5s buddy and he became a 15s buddy). The flip side is that you can’t boost buddies that were already 15s to begin with!

What would be nice is if you boosted a 15s buddy, that the buddy got an increase to its power level instead.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • 20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Well, as most of my TFs on the board are experiencing insta-death, I don’t hesitate to boost with the video as I’m not running very many nodes. I did notice what you noted in your post (re all boosts = 15 seconds)

I’m sure that Rovio will notice a big dip in revenue they generate from ads, tho. TFs are dying = not playing = not watching ads.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“I’m sure that Rovio will notice a big dip in revenue they generate from ads, tho. TFs are dying = not playing = not watching ads.”

Which is why I’m guessing that they’ve opened the spigot so to speak, and allowed unlimited Buddy Boost videos now.

I almost never boosted before, ‘cos before the update I rarely had any problems finishing a node with an unboosted buddy, so it wasn’t worth it to watch through an entire 30s video just to get an additional +5s.

Slops 20
    @slops20

For me the buddy booster and coin doubler videos have increased in number but definitely aren’t unlimited you’re lucky I am on iOS in UK perhaps it’s different depending what device you are on or location?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@slops20

“perhaps it’s different depending what device you are on or location?”

Yeah that would make sense, given that the videos played are tailored to the market where you’re located; and especially if they’re using different online ad providers in different parts of the world.

I’m on iOS but in Canada, so it’s probably nothing to do with the device or OS.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

OK, looks like I was wrong about unlimited Buddy Boost videos.

I just got denied on two runs in a row.

I guess I was just lucky to get a bunch of them earlier.

Edit: Holy crap, my Coin Doubler video was denied as well, for the first time since I updated over five days ago.

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

I use Video Option only when my coins are above 1000 hence never used them in boosting the buddy time or for the progress bar in the Portals!!

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@sumitarora15 FYI. From what I have experienced in the past, the video doubler at the end of a run is in no way tied to the buddy doubler. I have had many instances where I have used up all my buddy doublers, and then been offered the coin doubler at the end of the same node. This has also happened vice-versa. Way back when I would use up all my coin doublers, I would still get the chance to boost buddies until they were used up.

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

I am more often a Hardcore Level Player hence dont use buddy doubler video option ;)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

You know, I was wondering why your coin totals were so low, ha!

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Still never faced any low coins problem!!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Boosting your Buddy – did it change?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.