Bonus Tokens from the Chinese New Year special event?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Bonus Tokens from the Chinese New Year special event?

• As mentioned separately by @datguygamer and by @pampeans apparently some players are receiving “bonus” tokens as a gift from Rovio as part of the Chinese New Year special event.

By “bonus” I mean extra tokens that are not awarded through either the Competition (maximum 1,000 per day) or the Challenge (maximum 550 per day). SO for example, if you receive 100 bonus tokens, AND max out both the Challenge and the Competition, you’d get 1,650 tokens that day, not 1,550.

I do recall that in the Holiday special event I’d receive bonuses (almost?) every day: sometimes gems, sometimes tokens, sometimes coins, and at least one upgrade accessory.

But I haven’t received any sort of bonus during the CNY special event, and I’m pretty sure I didn’t receive any bonuses during the “Challenge in C Minor” either.

So I’m just wondering:

1. Who else here has been receiving the periodic bonus (maximum of once per day) during the CNY special event?

2. Who else here has NOT been receiving the periodic bonus?

And does anyone know whether there’s something special we should be doing to get these bonuses?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Wait, wait there is a serious confusion going on here. By “bonus” I personally meant the tokens obtained via the leaderboards at the end of the day (and I’m pretty sure @pampeans meant that well). Since those tokens are basically awarded as extras, that’s why I classified them as “bonus” as they are indirect obtaining of tokens while the challenge rewards are direct ones.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but on the subject at hand, I can only assume that they have stopped the bonus (as in the kind of daily bonus you’re expecting) tokens during an event. The only kinds of tokens I’m getting now and got in the previous accessory contest are the challenge ones and the leaderboard ones. I’m sure they have done this to make players use gems to get what they want rather than get it for less trouble.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig @datguygamer

I mean a gift box (like the one at that end of the competition) that is displayed on the CNY pop out during the 11:00pm EST hour (approximately) that awards about 30 tokens or so, a gift from Rovio. I received one two nights ago, maybe my third one this competition.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@pampeans

By “CNY pop out” are you referring to the one that comes up right after the app loads to the Piggy Island map screen, and shows a pic of Epic Optimus and a brief description of the CNY special event?

I’ve been closing those as soon as they come up, without even looking at them. I’ve gotten into the habit of closing all pop-ups immediately without checking them, because they’re so annoying. I just press the “X” and move on.

So it seems that I may have been given the opportunity to receive free gifts, but been bypassing them due to my impatience.

Oh well …

Thanks for clearing that up!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pampeans, Wait, so you ARE getting those actual bonus tokens? I NEVER once had them. The only gift box I get is that one after the competition for the day ends and next day I get my usual token based on my rank for that day. I never had this 30 token deal.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig

No, I mean the contest/challenge pop OUT on the right of the screen after the initial CNY pop UP screen advertising the contest. In the exact same manner we received them during the holiday challenge. I’m beginning to think I’m crazy!

@gradientturtle7
    @arceemega

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@pampeans

Well either way, I haven’t received any gifts, so I guess I just suck :p

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig

Or I’m crazy. More likely…

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

My experience is just like @optimuspig’s: everyday bonus gifts during Holiday event, but not since then.

nemisispig
    @nemisispig

Same here

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

no bonus here either

sheepybach
    @paul13

no bonus here

Paul Granger
    @paul-granger

None for me either.

Traveler
    @traveler

None for me.

BP
    @bpmann

Correct. Almost forgot about those! No special gifts during this challenge.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Mystery solved!

The “gift” I was/am receiving is the occasional delayed award of tokens from completing the current challenge. This due to my style of gameplay, especially at night when I wake-up and play and then go back to reading/sleep, etc. If I don’t stay logged in long enough to get the tokens when I complete a challenge, then I have a gift box with the token award waiting the next time I log into to play. That’s all — not crazy after all. Just feeling entitled, apparently…

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Bonus Tokens from the Chinese New Year special event?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.