Blue Streak Update CRASHES

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Blue Streak Update CRASHES

• Just a warning to all players on iOS, the new update crashes on my iPad just like the previous update. My advice: don’t update until there is official confirmation from Rovio that this is not a widespread problem.

Since I disable Facebook and wifi (due to the infamous updating progress bug), I can’t try reinstalling the game because my progress might not be saved.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 133 total)
  • Replies
  • dmsral
    @dmsral

@victor: Crashing on my iPhone 5S too.

nikki567
    @nikki567

Same here – iPad, iOS 8.3. Crashes before game fully loads.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@victor @dmsral @nikki567

Thanks for tip, greatly appreciated.
    Did any one send Rovio a note in their support menu describing their experience with the iOS devices?

Victor
    @victor

I did not but they check this forum frequently, especially when new updates come out. So I am sure they are aware.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

The update crashes both on my Android and my iPad.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Thanks for the heads up!!

Question for those in the know – if I update the app and it doesn’t work, can I then replace it with my last Itunes back up? ie will the app revert to its previous version? Thanks!!

sal9
    @sal9

We reported the issue to Rovio. We’ll have to wait for a fix.

ph
    @ph

It was crashing my IPhone 6 but once I went through Dr Pig’s lab and the sample node, it appears to be okay now. Couple of things I have noticed is the silo capacity has increase and the items necessary to upgrade a character has also increased. Before the updated 1 has enough coins and items to upgrade any character, now I don’t.

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

Can’t even get past the splash screen for Android. Says downloading new assets and bar reaches full load all the way across then ceashes.

beaups
    @grathe

Yup crashing on my Droid galaxy S4 lollipop. Gonna try a fresh install as that worked last time…

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

Beaups please let us know if that works!!!! Thanks!!!

Rumblebee
    @rumblebee

Hello there!

As some of you have already noticed, the newest iOS update has caused some unfortunate side-effects and we are currently investigating a probable cause for it. Some of you have already been proactive regarding this issue and we thank you for it! But in order to really get to the bottom of this nagging crashing issue, we would like to get as much information as possible. For starters, knowing

a) which OS version is affected
    b) which geographical region (city and/or country) is affected
    c) what level of rank you’ve mastered in the game
    d) if your iOS device might be rooted or jailbroken,

would help us a LOT in order to solve this unfortunate incident as soon as possible. Anyone who’s willing to help can either reply to this comment or send us an email through Rovio’s support site https://support.rovio.com/

My apologies for any inconvenience this issue has caused, but we’re all working hard to ensure that this is just a minor annoyance before you get to enjoy the new awesome features in the game!

Thank you,

Rovio Support Team

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@ph

Thin, I like the current system because he allows to gain what is needed to upgrade the following one while the precedent ends.

I am curious to know the new costs in coins and elements. Can you tell it to me more ?

sal9
    @sal9

@rumblebee

Thank you for dropping by.
    Here is my case:
    a) iOS 8.1.2
    b) USA East Coast
    c) 200+
    d) it is

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@rumblebee

a) iOS 8.4
    b) Europe, French
    c) 321
    d) it is not

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

@rumblebee what about Android users?? We’re having the same issue with the game crashing after the new update!!!!

Cerpin
    @cerpin

So I took the plunge, deleted the Apr, re-installed, opened via Game Centre, played the first level and its brought me back to my last saved place!!! Whew!

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

@grimmjow

@sal9

Just so you guys know you tagged the wrong rumblebee. Its not rumblebee4. Just an FYI.

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

@cerpin

Is that on IOS or on Droid?? Disregard I see your Itunes comment above.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

IOS.

You now need many more materials to upgrade but silo capacity is considerably larger. It also seems that the special weapons ( EMP, Airstrike etc ) can be chosen for each node, there is a new area to get special Energicons, which I assume are other special weapons. Space in the barracks for the 2 new bots, they must be unlocked via missions

taco
    @geary

The update automatically installed it self, and yes it crashed upon open the game.

New update
    A) OS 8.4
    b) which geographical region (Tennessee U.S.A)
    c) what level of rank you’ve mastered in the game. Prime 275
    d) if your iOS device might be rooted or jailbroken? Factory settings
    Rank 275.jpg

Ok I went to my Game Center to log out just see if it would make the game open and it didn’t, But notice the icon and date in Game Center are still the old update. Could this be the problem?
    Game center

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@rumblebee

About my iPad:

a) iOS 8.3
    b) Lithuania
    c) rank 300
    d) it IS jailbroken

In addition, info about my Android too:

a) Android 4.4 KitKat
    d) it is rooted

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Oh and you can now get multiple gift boxes per node, just got 3 on a level with Jazz

nikki567
    @nikki567

My iPad:

A) ios 8.4 (I just updated from 8.3 in case that would help, but it didn’t)
    B) North of Boston, U.S.
    C) 289
    D) I have no idea what that means!

Thanks for looking into this, Rumblebee.

ph
    @ph

@grimmjow The number of coins and time to complete an update appear to be the same, it is just the items that have increased. Ex: To upgrade Goldbrite Grimlock from 9 to 10 takes 150,00 coins (same as before), 25 deceptgears (about double), 12 badness processors (about double) and 1 day (same).

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Blue Streak Update CRASHES

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.