Beware! Rovio banning honest players now

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Beware! Rovio banning honest players now

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • Replies
  • Piggsy
    @piggsy

Ok, I was blind. I played today DC & KPP. In both of them I catched extra rare chest at the last, boss room. In both of them I got 40 and 40 pearls. Like @ccanis describe in his topic – the 30 and 100 pearls as last reward didn’t count due to fact that I won these in extra chests. So I lost 130 pearls and 60 gems cause I needed three birds to beat KPP pig.

What I mean. Rovio, you are giving ban hammers to players that using glitches (sync bug) due to your indolence – it’s your duty to patch the game and close that kind of door. In the same time other bugs that you can’t fix makes players lossy, what’s more you are messing with arena mode. But hey, guys who are really cheating and making huge amount of gems and pearls so they can buy all of x10 hat sets are untouchable. I don’t even mentioned about Tower of Fortune. No more question. Time to play PS4.

Raizir
    @raizir

Yea, the exploiters aren’t exploiting exploits… they are exploiting Rovio’s incompetence when it comes to fixing / patching exploits.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

And in the meantime, several known and obvious cheaters have apparently NOT been banned as they are still on the ME leaderboard…

Bold Baconbuster
    @boldbaconbuste

@hank

What you say is not correct. I did not violate the rules, yet I am still banned. When I asked why I was told they would not give me details (they attached Section 3) and they would not respond to me anymore. I have been playing AB2 since the first day it was available and all of a sudden ***banned*** all that time and effort feels wasted. Extremely disappointing to get the generic “to bad” response and “don’t bother us again” when appealed. I don’t think they even bothered to check it out or they would have been able to tell me what my so called “violation” was. I read Section 3 and out of the dozens of violations listed I could not figure out what rule they think I broke. Oh, but they suggest I download the app again and start all over. Well I think not – if I do not get re-instated I will be seeking a Non-Rovio game to play.

Raizir
    @raizir

Someone should seriously get their lawyer(s) on Rovio’s butts for lying to their playerbase, banning honest players without reason and then LYING about it, etc.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I hear you, BB. Hank even admits they messed up and claims it has been fixed. But it hasn’t. Rovio is making a real mess of things with AB2. At this point it would be better to deal with the cheaters and hacks than to deal with Rovio.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@hank: how do you justify banning players for your incompetence to fix exploits and bugs? Why won‘t you give your loyal fans a chance to understand their mistakes, assuming they made mistakes in the first place? What do you think will happen to your game, when you continue like that? Are you actually only banning players that never paid for gems?
    It is a miracle to me, in what stupid ways game companies are currently treating their players. That goes for all of them – you reached the same level as EA or Bungie for „real“ games. Your game is still a CELL PHONE GAME! Dial it down a notch.

BuaPianoMan
    @buapianoman

The irony here is…  I exploit the game as much or more than anyone else, yet I am not banned. Why?  Well that is a simple answer. Because part of the cheat detection / banning process is whether or not and how much has the exploiting player paid into the game.

So the banning is not a zero tolerance policy. I am proof.

Here is the obvious truth and reality:  Any player that is currently at a max flock power of 658 is an exploiter of poor coding and design of the game. No “cheat detection” needed. Simple as that.

The only way possible for any player to max their cards after the latest card update would have been to open hundreds of thousands worth of legendary cheats. And we all know how that works via the multi device reinstall / reconnect. But as long as you are paying something, Rovi o is ok with that. Isn’t that right Hank?

This from a paying “cheater”.

Bold Baconbuster
    @boldbaconbuste

@buapianoman

This sounds plausible – I was not at max flock power – but I also never paid any money to play. I only played the free entry in the ME bootcamp (and never finished in the top 100) I did not buy the daily gem letter or purchase any of the holiday offers.

Would like to hear a response from @Hank

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

You might have a point there, PianoMan. As I said earlier, I have three accounts on three devices, two of them got locked, the two that I haven’t spent a lot of money on. My primary account is the one I have spent money on in the earlier days before learning of the exploits and I own a clan with that account, it didn’t get locked. It is also the one I spent years exploiting the code, and was telling Bankler and Hank about it trying to get them to fix it.

One of those two accounts had a higher flock power than my primary account, the other much lower because of the lack of the 25k gem hats. Like I said before, I have been playing straight for months after the 1st time one of my accounts got locked (when I had only two), and it was the one I had not spent a lot of money on. So yes, it seems money is what it is all about.

Hank, that being said, unlock my accounts and I will buy the gem letters. You will get your money and I will get my birds back.

wicket182
    @wicket182

I got the form letter response today saying I will never be reinstated. But at least they told me I could download and start a new game. Besides giving me some discretionary time back they also gave me back > 500 mb of valuable space. So….thanks I guess.

Anonymous

You sound like you are over it wicket and TBH I can’t blame you for that. I am also over it, it’s obvious to me that Rovio doesn’t care about its players unless you spend hundreds of dollars on an app that just repeats itself.

The only bits of fun left in the game was the new CVC and MEBC….and based on the current leaderboard, it’s obvious that half of the top 50 (maybe more) at least have used some sort of exploit, yet they are not banned. Yet others who also took advantage of Rovios poor coding are banned and are not being unbanned.

There are players with all hat sets complete….as someone that had all hat sets complete I can say there is no way to achieve that by now without using an exploit. They seem to be banning players who are using the resync to get gems/pearls back but a lot of other users that took advantage of a backup/reinstall seem to be getting away without penalty. Or those players have also spent money recently, so maybe Rovio is allowing them to continue….who knows.

It seriously would have been easier for Rovio to actually fix their poor coding that allowed users to take advantage of that exploit, and then they would still be getting advertising revenue from those players, but instead of doing that they have just banned hundreds/thousands of users that have supported the game from the day it was released. It’s poor form from Rovio, but it’s their game so I guess they can do whatever they like.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

chucky/mario @chucky-2
    There is no new exploit/sync. The only way to keep alive is to pay.

Sadly to say, AB2 has lost many top players. Even with exploit, they still score unbelivable scores. They opened a widnow to show us how incredible a bird could fly.

I used to read clan chat in a pathetic clan, crying that, opponents are all cheaters.
    I do check these members’ score and know, even with any exploit applied to them, their CvC score is still poor to compete with opponent.

I salute those with high score on leaderboard. They made impossible thing possible and fly high. Losers complain, winners find the way.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

Ok, I did few mins ago sync glitch and what I noticed:

Before that, my arena diamond league mates were like zombies – everyones’ star point (beside mine) stayed at the same level. It seems like they stop playing and what’s interesting, my league contained only six players. Now, after sync glitch I was teleported to other kind of diamond league with full, I think active players. Once I was at 1st, now I jumped to 3rd place. Moreover avatars of mine opponents show card status normally. That’s not enough. After sync glitch I lost Boot Camp icon so I can’t play it anymore. Next, I opened Google play, and there was update pack (size about 44 mb), so I installed it. After starting a game I was given a message about new levels and Boot Camp mode, but still I don’t have that icon.

Really I don’t have any idea what Rovio is trying to do, but I’m fed up with their tricks definitely.

blake-ly
    @blake-ly

I need some help here PLEASE guys! I was just hit with a ban yesterday and given a reference # to send to Rovio so I did this. Now I have been given a reply that says I can no longer play the game AT ALL and I they “do not give the reason for the ban” which makes NO sense. Why give out a support/reference # and not give a reason for banning someone? I have played AB2 since it was released YEARS ago and I have also, like many maaaaaany people here, spent real world money in the game (as recent as this past month!) I’m not a member of a Clan because I don’t have the time with my job so the reason couldn’t be for any kind of misconduct but in any event, is there ANYTHING I can do to re-gain my access to the game? I’m not even aware of “cheats” or “Hacks” that have been mentioned in other posts around ABN and it has taken me what seems like FOREVER to get to the Level I’m at now.

Like many other lifetime players, I am just in shock to see this appear on my screen with absolutely ZERO explanation. I see from this forum that innocent player’s accounts have been unlocked and if there is anyone who can see my account, this would be much appreciated!!! The player ID or any other info will be given if it’s needed but it’s the same as the Facebook account I used to get my account setup here today.

Thanks in advance!

bl@ke

blake-ly
    @blake-ly

I also noticed I was banned after my 1st time playing once I did the latest update from my Google Play Store. As of right now, I’m getting in contact with my bank to see how much money I have put into the game. I’ve been trying to get my birds to Card Level 30 & just last month I spent nearly $10 (US) just to get enough Gems to get through the new Arena MADNESS they’ve thrown at us lately so I could upgrade a bird. I am beyond words at this point and I hope it wasn’t the update from the Google Play Store that caused some kind of glitch on the Rovio end but either way, they refuse to say why they ban you and this is beyond absurd folks! I’ve been an active member on the Angry Birds 2 Daily Players FB Group & even turned down a Moderator nomination because of how much I play & help other players so yea…this one’s a low blow to say the least & I hope my comments get posted here so maybe someone can help me out on this because the next step is to get my money back that I JUST paid into the game.

What if a player (who actually has the funds) just spent $100 for Gems/in-game items did the new update and is now banned with no reason whatsoever? Does Rovio just keep their money and leave them with no reason at all? If that’s legal then I must live in the wrong country!

I’m not a member of ANY Clan & my Flock Power is only in the 350’s so whatever they’ve done to my account needs to be undone…

Yue
    @yue-zhang

Hey,just disconnect internet access before runnung ab2 program. You could play map and daily challenge but, no more clan and arena.

Photokool
    @photokool

It would be helpful to all players if some clarity was given by Rovio on exactly why the players were banned. It might serve as a deterrent for other players to not do those things.

I think many of the top players in Boot Camp did not get that max FP without crossing the line. There were players that updated card levels almost immediately with the new card levels were released. I don’t even know how that is possible since it takes me at least two weeks to get all my birds to a new level — and my level is far below maximum.

I don’t see the incentive to play in Boot Camp for players who are not at max FP. I can’t even compare how I did against others with my FP because it only shows the top 100. We don’t even know what we are playing for (ME store?) besides the frames.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Oddly, Yue, I was not only able to get into the account and play the trail and other things, I was able to play the arena with my locked accounts. It was when I tried to get into the clan or boot camp that I got the message again. Oh well, what is done is done. Time to build new birds. Also going to use this to see what exploits I can use and what might get me locked out again. Nothing to lose on those devices any more. Going to keep playing straight with my primary account, though. Not sure what would happen to the clan if that one gets banned.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

@hank

You guys have lost a massive amount of credibility. I’ve heard from quite a number of players who – if they are to be believed – have never cheated and yet are banned. And meanwhile, there are tonnes of players WE KNOW and YOU KNOW are cheaters, with no action taken. They’re merrily still scoring in the top 100 on the Mighty Eagle Bootcamp. It’s actually quite disgusting.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I’m going to reiterate. If Rovio’s saving all the player performance data, they know with a wee bit of analytics what any player earns in a day or week. Even week to week numbers are sufficient.

One does not come up with 25000 BP’s overnight. Or in a week or month unless tower of fortune etc. I have 6000 BP’s and it has taken weeks, mostly winning clan battles. It’s not difficult to do.

The rest is just fodder.

RavenStar
    @ravenstar

@piggsy

Boot camp should reappear in a few days.  I reinstalled the app on Tue and ME Boot Camp came back today (Thur).  Other people had the same issue on the Angry Birds 2 Gamers Facebook page.

Photokool
    @photokool

I have not been playing since the beginning, so I don’t know exactly when the legendary hats were added. But I wish Rovio would just do away with them entirely. I think it is encouraging cheating. I have only two of them – both won with a legendary chest. I’m still trying to save up enough BPs to BUY my first one.

I find it more than a little crazy that so many players can have ALL the legendary hats without gaming the system somehow.

Anonymous

“After sync glitch I lost Boot Camp icon so I can’t play it anymore.”

Rovios latest little tactic to prevent people syncing back gems is to remove Boot Camp for 3 days if you reinstall/reconnect FB again. So to prevent people syncing for gems, once you have connected FB they want you to leave it connected, otherwise every time you uninstall/reconnect FB it will remove MEBC for 3 days.

This was sent to someone who lost bootcamp and posted it on the AB2 Gamers FB page:

CC8E9E14-38F8-428F-BEF5-6BBD9B8D8636.jpeg

Piggsy
    @piggsy

@ravenstar, @chucky-2

Thank you guys. Anyway I don’t mind MEB – I doubt that I ever reach any of the top places, when there’s still players, that hacked the game.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Beware! Rovio banning honest players now

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.