Beware! Rovio banning honest players now

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Beware! Rovio banning honest players now

• Several people I know got hit. They have been playing the game for years and play the straight and narrow. This is more than messed up.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • Replies
  • kedik22
    @kedik22

Hi,

Just been informed that I have been banned.

Been playing for years, and now this!

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi.

Is this really happening?

Regards.

Raizir
    @raizir

This is an outrage!

How dare Rovio do this!

This’ll sum this incident up nicely:

Us: Please ban the cheaters, Rovio

Rovio: What was that? Please repeat.

Us: We said please ban the cheaters, Rovio

Rovio: Ban honest players? Ok!

Tl:DR, Rovio has basically become Youtube, punching us in the… sacred area…  for being honest players… While supporting  hackers / cheaters which make everyone else’s experience absolutely horrible!

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Indeed. I play on three devices with three different birds. I have played the straight and narrow since the last time one of them got banned. Now today I wake up to find two of my accounts have been locked. They are not linked in anyway and I don’t even have Facebook. Rovio is trying to kill the game.

Others that have never used any of the exploits, much less hacks, have been banned as of today.

Raizir
    @raizir

I’ve sent a support ticket addressing this.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Has this something to do with the new opponents in the arena who have low flock power but are far from weak? This stinks in my opinion.

wicket182
    @wicket182

Rovio just gave me some free time back (early Christmas present). Now maybe I’ll do something productive….. I doubt it, I’ll probably just play ABSW even though the app is abandoned.

gjs96743
    @gjs96743

Any lawyers in the forum? Banned players who paid money into the system could go after Rovio for wire fraud.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

This is really alarming. Honest players shouldn’t have to worry about this stuff.

Perhaps there is some automated system picking up some variables or something it deems in violation of the terms. Surely if those players were to contact support for clarification this might be lifted?

I say that because a well known buying/selling auction site out there that my wife and I use had considered certain messages between ourselves and potential purchasers in violation of their terms, and the automated system meant certain elements of our normal activity were stopped temporarilty, and support couldn’t lift or release it because it was a system function that couldn’t be overridden. In that scenario it was pretty silly and unreasonable.

Little off topic but perhaps something silly and unreasonable is happening here too with these bans. Really hope things get resolved for everyone affected.

gjs96743
    @gjs96743

Make your voices heard. Post a negative review in the app store of your choice

1. If you’ve been banned, post a negative review

2. If your friend or clan mate has been banned, post a negative review

3. If you’re having a bad day, post a negative review

Push for Rovio to be transparent about their banning process. It sounds like a big net was thrown and lots of innocent bystanders got snatched. Collectively, there must be thousands of gameplay hours wasted…

Birdy Angerson
    @birdyangerson

Earlier this morning 2 of my clan members were banned. I don’t think it was a coincidence that they were the 2 highest flock power players in the clan. The accounts didn’t disappear, they are still members of the clan and their flock power still contributes to the overall flock power of the clan but they can’t play the game.

A couple hours ago I looked at the Mighty Eagle Boot camp list (all the players on the list I see are flock power 658 or close to it) and every single player there was showing that they were banned. There must be some kind of glitch in the game, I thought.

I just checked the boot camp list again and they are no longer showing as banned yet my clan members are still banned.

Has anyone received a response from rovio as to why they were banned?

I just wish rovio would communicate with the community and give us some kind of information. Why keep everyone in the dark? Everyone starts assuming things and gets upset and bashing them. They would do themselves a favor if they let us know what was going on.

I hope it gets fixed and I hope to see my clan members back in the game soon. We are more than just angry birds players, we’ve become friends.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the “Report” button. If a clan loses a battle they could ban together and start reporting everybody in the opposing clan. Many members of my clan got banned, many had low flock powers and were scratching for every gem they could get from the daily quests. Several had been spending money to beat all of the daily quests just so they would have gems to play the clan challenges and battles.

And Hank is completely silent. Why am I not surprised? Oh how I long for the days when Bankler was here.

Raizir
    @raizir

Yea, someone should take legal action against Rovio.

Seriously, this is gone too far now…

It’s time to riot…

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

I would think it’s pretty obvious that anyone with multiple completed x10 hat sets must have “cheated”. If Rovio is doing a massive clean out, I sure hope they’ve got their filters right. Just looking at today’s ME leaders, pretty confident they should all be banned.

Anonymous

From what I can tell they have banned hundreds if not thousands of users overnight. Based on a lot of comments across social media it seems if you play across two devices, or reinstall/link FB multiple times on a device, then you will be hit with the ban hammer.

The funny thing about that is Rovio have stated in one of there FAQ that it is fine to play across multiple devices, yet obviously that seems to be no longer the case.

…it seems now is a good time to find a new game, as Rovio are obviously trying to kill the AB2 community/clans off.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

My thought about this banning is, Rovio has clearly tell us,”if you are not a paid player, just suck it”. Playing on multiple devices is allowed only for paid player, not you. No matter how many advertisements you watched. Rovio: we want REAL MONEY.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

@chucky-2

“(…)or reinstall/link FB multiple times on a device, then you will be hit with the ban hammer.”

So it counts too, if my app freezed many times or even didn’t start after booting screen and I was forced to clear the cache to make game work properly? Every kind of that move is equal to link game with FB account because You are starting from scratch at the standard map. Standing ovation to Rovio.

What is funny I realized today that I haven’t got the report button. If I’m right this option is marked as “?” mark in the right, upper corner of the screen?

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello flingers!

As many of you know we are consistently trying update our cheat detection algorithm to make the lives of our fans better. We are currently addressing the Mighty Eagle’s Bootcamp Leaderboards by removing players who won’t play by the rules. However, yesterday a few players have been banned that should not have. We have fixed the issue now and we apologize to any sincere players that had this problem.

Sorry and Good luck!
    /Hank

Anonymous

I can only go by posts all around the place, but based on the most common replies it seems to be affecting players that re-linked their FB accounts (unsure on amount of times)….I believe what they are doing is banning for exploiting the sync bug where you can spend all of your gems, and resync them back.

What they would have been better doing is fixing the exploit, but nooooooooo, it’s so much easier to ban players, especially if like Yue said above those players don’t spend the stupid amounts of money they are asking for in app purchases.

Do you realise I could buy a microwave or a small tv/cheap laptop for the largest amounts they are asking for in app purchases…..that is 2-4 times what it costs for a full blown PS4 game, yet they think an app that has the same repeated levels over and over and over again is worth that sort of coin….I think not!

Yue
    @yue-zhang

Great!!!

The rest of “a few players” are officially known as REAL cheaters.

Bravo!!!

Piggsy
    @piggsy

I noticed sync bug too and tried it few times. But now I collected all my gems (quite nice amount) in honest way, so I’m not risking anymore cause I don’t wanna loose it if something goes wrong. I’m aiming for 90 floor in ToF. Anyway, It’s just a glitch and it’s Rovio problem to fix it, so banning people for using it is ridiculous.

Mike
    @mikelandau

They just sent me a reply to my appeal, affirming the ban.  Goodbye to AB2 and the forum.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I guess the rules are that we must spend 300 gems to play over and over with the same results. If we don’t spend the gems that is considered “Player Misconduct”. That is so wrong, Hank. And no, the issue is not resolved or fixed.

Raizir
    @raizir

Yea, and two of the players in the clan I am currently in are still banned!

You ain’t gonna get away with this that easily this time, Rovio…

We aren’t satisfied with your response, Rovio…

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Seems most of them were banned for abusing glitches, exploiting the game. And I would only play the free game of the Bootcamp unless it was a really horrible play and you want the points. I haven’t heard of them banning anyone for not playing the Bootcamp again and again, but trying to get around paying the 300 gems and keep playing would probably be a bannable offense. Still lots of other areas of the game to play as well without spending gems.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Beware! Rovio banning honest players now

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.