Best Upgrade Strategy?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Best Upgrade Strategy?

• I’ve just hit L140. I’ve capped my upgrades, so each of my twenty TFs is now at L7 (basic Bumblebee still refuses to show up, though …)

Going forward, what’s the best approach to further upgrading? Should I upgrade my earlier TFs (e.g. basic Optimus, basic Bumblebee, Soundwave, etc. etc.) first, or should I focus on upgrading my later ones (Ultimate Megatron, Ultimate Optimus, High Octane Bumblebee, etc. etc.)?

I can think of reasons for each, as to why I might want to upgrade them first:

– earlier TFs: give them a better chance of surviving any given run through an area

– later TFs: take advantage of their high-scoring ability (i.e. the automatic 2x multiplier you get)

Your thoughts? Thanks.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • Red7827
    @gulgor0

I keep upgrading my TFs in the list i’ve unlocked them. For example, if most of my TF’s are Level 6, and one or two is Level 5, my priority is to upgrade them to Level 6 too. If all my characters are Level 6 now, i just keep upgrading each character to Level 7 in list of most cheapest upgrades (but don’t upgrade one TF to two levels already)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@gulgor0 – well that’s what I’ve been doing all along. But now that all of my TFs are the same level (L7), I’m somewhat stuck on what to do next.

Also, considering that I’m limited by the number of coins I’ve accumulated, I have to maximize the benefit of my next set of upgrades.

Note: I’m playing the iOS version, which hasn’t yet unlocked the L140 characters, otherwise I’d be upgrading those guys first.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

Wait, iOS users also aren’t able to get the Thundercracker, Jazz and Grimlock?

loynis
    @loynis

I upgrade ultimate characters now only (I’m at lvl 157). The reason is that failing with them is not an option, and they yield tons of money, especially on golden domes. I already got ultimate optimus to lvl 10, and it definitely worth it.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@gulgor0 – I’m currently playing ABT v1.1.18 for iOS. AFAIK that is the latest version.

I only have access to the L1 to L139 areas. For L140+ it still says “Coming Soon!”.

My “highest” TFs are #19 (High Octane Bumblebee) and #20 (Goldbite Grimlock), which I gained access to at L120.

Presumably Thundercracker, Jazz, et al will be available cone the “Coming Soon!” areas have arrived.

Edit: according to iTunes, v 1.1.18 is indeed the latest version for iOS.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@loynis – “failing with them is not an option” I presume by that you mean that if a mission with an Ultimate version is a fail, you get zero coins, whereas for the pre-Ultimate versions (#s 1 to 16) you still get coins even if you fail the level?

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

I’m currently playing v. 1.2.13 which is only for Android yet. I saw some walkthrough videos with players unlocking Jazz, Thundercracker and Grimlock although i don’t know why anyone can’t get them now… (maybe they were available only during Soft Release?)

Anonymous

@optimuspig If all your TFs are level 7 then what I would do is start with Optimus than Bumblebee than Soundwave and just keep going. When everyone is 8. Start over and get everyone to 9.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@partshade – reasoning?

Anonymous

@optimuspig Because its better to get the cheaper characters first and save the most expensive for the end. This way you can get more upgrades in lesser time. Also these characters tend to need the upgrades more than others because they are the weakest in the game.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

One tip for upgrading: if it is too long, do it during the day, check the game once an hour and keep collecting coins. Otherwise, when sleeping, the transformer will be upgraded but you will need to keep collecting coins all the way until upgrading next.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Best Upgrade Strategy?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.