Best class to buy with gold coins

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Best class to buy with gold coins

Viewing 15 replies - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Replies
  • ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

I really don’t get the people saying the bard is so good. I got it based on similar posts, but I don’t use it at all. Matilde’s job is healing, and the bard is almost useless at that. My level 29 elite bard does a paltry 105 healing, and another 59 fo 3 rounds. At the point I’ve taken dmg enough to need need healing, that’s not going to be very much since some characters at that level can have 1500 health.

It does a lot amount of damage, but an extra 200 isn’t that much when some enemies have several thousand health… and you lose healing along with it. If the level is difficult (caves for example) you’re probably going to need to use a lot of potions.

I’d Paladin as soon as you can, and I wouldn’t buy any others, especially bard. I’d rather use those coins on golden pig spins, or putting it towards master paladin.

Rhino
    @rhinofreak

I agree with you man. Bard is super overrated.
    I think the best bird to buy would be Paladin and then Skulkers (I’m planning to get it soon)
    Then go for seadog and then lightning bird if you can. They’re pretty good imo.

I won’t buy bard as matilda is for healing, so I’ll never even use it even if I buy.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

You guys don’t know how to use the Bard.

I’d agree that the Bard isn’t a good character to get until you get the Nightmare set. If you also have the Grand Slam set, then you will do a huge amount of damage with the right party. An elite L29 Bard with Nigthmare does 629 damage and gets a bonus of 786 damage to stunned enemies. Master Bards get a 899 damage bonus. If Red stuns an enemy with the Grand Slam set, then that enemy will also suffer the effects of the Nightmare set and take 786 damage for 2 rounds since the stun from Grand Slam lasts 2 rounds. If you use the Lightning Bird or Chuck’s Speed of Light attack you will increase the chances of stunning the enemy a huge amount. That bonus damage is really nice when fighting anything with lots of health. Also you don’t need to worry about healing if you keep stunning the enemy.

I agree that the Bard is weak on healing, but her primary use is fighting not healing. When used correctly the Bard doesn’t need to heal much.

Rhino
    @rhinofreak

True that, I never said its a bad class, its a really good one to destroy, but I personally require 1 healer all the time.
    so Druid ftw.

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

@killerkea “You guys don’t know how to use the Bard”

Lol. Yes if we had all these sets of equipment and master upgrades, of course it would be easier. But most of us don’t, therefore knowing how to use them usually means using their base abilities. So that 629 damage bard is only 200 or so more than some other characters, against enemies with thousands of hp, and you lose most of your healing.

Without uber-sets, knowing how to use bard means using lots of potions.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The Bard can use Matilda’s Medicine to heal. You can also use Rainbird and/or the Paladin to heal. Like I said earlier the Bard isn’t a good character to get until you get the Nightmare set. 200 + 786 is nearly 1000. Since your characters do about 400 damage 1000 extra damage is quite a bit. When you kill things quickly you don’t need to do as much healing.

Sir Falcon
    @flying-falcon

Paladin and Bard are good. Sea Dog is also good, as long as you can divert attacks away from him, like using Princess or Cupcake Trap. Thunderbird and Skulkers, which i have too, are just for my friends to use as I change my classes to their “Premium” classes after done playing WCP and Chronicle Cave:)

chunbogbog
    @chunbogbog

IMO Paid class rank in order
    1. Paladin – Best class in the game. Decent damage + heal , almost using him in every fight (except vs ninja) and Cheapest!!
    2. Skulker – Doing good in every situations. It can deal 1400-ish damage with lv29 Artillery Strike set.
    3. Seadog – Best damage dealer. The drawback is you’ll need more healer for him to maintain high damage (mostly pair with paladin + Matilda) and expensive (275 gold coins).
    4. Bard – Bad healer comparing with druid or princess. Good if you’ve Nightmare set but it’s luck based.
    5. Thunderbird – Only slightly better than Archmage (you can use archmage and princess to get the same result). Not worth 275 gold coins at all.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I guess a lot depends how you play but along with virtually everyone I think Paladin is a priority. Consider Cannoneer he can heal himself, he reduces the enemies attack power, his counter is useful for himself and other birds and any bomb has the potential to cause the most damage when enraged. I like him.

MasterClifford01
    @masterclifford1

I think just paladin for red class

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

OK, haven’t really bought many classes with lucky coins. I have only bought lucky coins once(the smallest package). I only have Palladin and Bard and they are musts. Also if you don’t want Bard, then should get Witch. Bard does 160% dammage and Witch does even more. Palladin is really god as everybody says in this forum.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

You should save and buy Sea Dog, if you don’t already have him.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

Okay once I have sea dog, my lineup will be Palladin, Bard, and Sea Dog for the arena. Nowdays I use Palladin, Druid, and Rogues for damage overtime effects(I don’t know what they are called) in the arena. The win arena battles and deafeat 10 birds is one of the reasons why I use this combo. Cap’n is pretty good too, Whip Up makes bird do a massive 60% dammage!Love the effect. Bard is good since I have nightmare set

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Traditionally, Rainbird / Druid / Rogues is called “Venomous”, winning via accumulated poison. Druid + Rogues (+ Retaliate) is key for “win during opponent’s turn.”

Whip Up is typical prep for the “kill 3 birds with 1 attack”.

Defeat 10 Birds simply needs good hitters with Crit over Chain (don’t accidentally kill the banner).

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

@colkurtz

“So that 629 damage bard is only 200 or so more than some other characters, against enemies with thousands of hp, and you lose most of your healing.”

Are you kidding, complaning about “thousands of hp”. I’m not max level yet(lvl 30) and even Stick Pigs(the weakest pigs) have 929 hp. I assume that at lvl 50 stick pigs have 1200+ hp. Are you a new player. If you are, try reading the information in the older forums.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Best class to buy with gold coins

Viewing 15 replies - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.