Arena Season 9

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 9

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 343 total)
  • Replies
  • Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@toolow
    I didn’t use any of those. I had written down this combo before because it worked when this objective was first introduced.
    Anyone have a go to team for this objective?

Anonymous

@dallasreds
    I’m wondering if Chuck’s set effect counts as a support ability? My team for that objective is Skulkers, any bomb class with the Finisher set (I usually use Captn), and Samurai or Paladin. You could sub in Witch if you want to be safe, and use her support ability on the banner to salvage a win if things go poorly. BTW, I guess Blues’ Avenging Will set effect would have the same issue as Chuck’s Last Will, if that is indeed the issue…

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

I Got credit and didn’t get credit with Chuck today? Same team and did not do anything different w Chuck that I remember. Thanks for suggestion.

Anonymous

@dallasreds
    I’m thinking maybe you got credit when Chuck didn’t get KOed (or was KOed only when both other birds were already knocked out), and didn’t get credit when he was KOed and your other birds counterattacked accordingly. Possible?

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@poptimus
    Very possible. I think that explains it. Sheer smartness on your part!

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Edit posted on wrong thread
    Screenshot_20161115-163503.png

HHal2000
    @halim-hanna

In arena battles, how do you knock out 3 birds while they are attacking your banner?

DD
    @toolow

@halim-hanna Use one or a combination of the following:

Mage Shock Shield on banner
    Thunderbird Rage of Thunder on banner
    Rogues Cupcake Trap banner
    Spiky Spike banner
    Thorn Wall banner

The birds need not be knocked out in the same round.

angryde
    @angryde

@halim-hanna Mage/Shock Shield and Rogues/Cupcake Trap on the banner + Witch/Giant Growth (to mitigate banner damage) are your best bet, buddy. Good luck.

Ed. Soz, DD, didn’t see your reply… (how!?) LOL

DD
    @toolow

@angryde Early bird; sleepy eyes? LOL
    Anyway, good advice with Witch/Giant Growth.

@halim-hanna
    You might also want to use Sweet banner set or other banner damage limiting set items.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I had no chance to play my few battles on Sunday just before the week ended, so I was moved down to Wood for not playing this week. Woohoo.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    I forgot to play arena too, so I am in wood league with you ;) Now we have arena bounty event, good reason to play arena for some extra shards :)

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

The shards are the only reason I’m still playing arena tbh. I really got tired of the low reward grind there lately. But I’m in a pretty easy silver league this week so don’t have to spend a ot of time there.

Also, I’ve been lucky at the GPM lately. I finally was able to complete my Blues’ BEEP set and got the Robot part. After playing with an unmatched set for a while it’s nice to have Blues’ full power again and BEEP always was my favorite.

I also got Chuck’s Sonic Staff which I’d been waiting on for even longer after having suffered its effect so many times… So I have 4 full sets for Chuck now, all fully enchanted, all Level 62 (Reset, Last Will, Twin Lightning and Time Jump). And I have the defensive part of Mana (Mana Well).

Had a weakened set for Bomb for a long time too but I now have full power Paper and Boarding! sets and I use Boarding! 99% of the time.

My Blues also has a full power Save Me! and half of Avenging Will in addition to BEEP.

My Red has had Banner Breaker for a long time but I completed Dragon Breath a while ago and switched to that 99% of the time too. Both sets full powered.

Finally, Matilda has a full Sweet! and full Lasting Song sets. I use Lasting Song most. Very effective with Witch and Bard.

So, hopefully, Rovio won’t increase weapons level agan any time soon! I’ve never been in such a good position in the game with weapons. I did spend a lot of LCs there as I was compensated by Rovio when I lost almost a week of playing with the last “Loading Balancing” bug a while back. So I spent a lot of LCs buying shards and a lot of them in the bird’s GPM. So all my weapons except the half of Blues’ Avenging will are Level 62 and fully enchanted.

The right weapons really help in the Arena! :)

Pointless
    @pointless

@pixelyzed congrats! That’s an impressive array of fully Enchanted gear. Where did you get the resources from, as I am quite low on these, even though I have about 900 Shards. Maybe I just need to burn through some Snouts…

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@pointless Part recycling old gear and also, long times of GPM bad luck and trashing the garbage items I was getting for ressources. I have also spent actual money a few times. Also, I’ve been playing this game a long time ;) This means I had a lot of level 52 sets to scrap too when Rovio increased the sets power level.

Regarding old gear recycling, I can get pretty drastic with that. When I finally got my complete Valliant banner set (took me a long time and I whinned about it here often enough ;) I had no qualms scrapping my Might banner set and a couple other mismatched banner items I had just to max out Valliant.

Any other banner set items I was getting I scrapped for the shard and ressources. Valliant was and still is the only one really worth having IMO. I’m the same with weapons gear. I was waiting to complete a Blues Artillery set set for quite a while for example. I got BEEP! Remote Control at some point and I mixed that with Ballista for quite a while as I had no other strong Blues weapons or sets. I waited a long time to get the matching Robot part for BEEP. When I got that, I had also no qualms scrapping Ballista. I use BEEP! 95% of the time and Save Me! occasionally. Ballista was no use to me incomplete and I would use BEEP! over it any day anyway. So Ballista was gone. 11 shards and tons of ressources.

In Chuck’s case, I just find most of his sets useful except Reborn. I got Reborn parts all the time for a while. I never kept any and scrapped them for the shard and ressourcese.

In short, I don’t keep anything I know I won’t use and I sometimes scrap stuff I might use on occasion to build up a set or item I prefer over it.

BUT! The main thing is a little trick (probably based on an old bug) that requires a bit of patience but very little actual basic ressources :) (changes nothing for shard though)

When you go to enchant an item, notice that when you give it the first ressource item “boost”, the first item gives it the most “boost” and every additional tap on the + button provides diminishing returns. Never go past that first boost hit and get back out to the Nest or Arena area and go to the other “side” or go back to the map and back to the Arena if you are enchanting a banner item. Then get back to the item’s Enchantment screen, give it just one more boost by clicking the + on a ressource once then get out again and go to the other side (Nest vs Arena or Arena to Map and back to Areana) and go back to the Enchantment window of your item again. When the enchantment gauge is in the lower percentages (130% to about 145%), the progress is not as fast but, from 150% up you can move by 15-20% increments with 1 ressource item tap then get out again and go to the other “side” or to the map and back to the arena and go again.

When you get to level 9 and you are at about 85% to 99% and the next hit would push it past 100%, you will need to finish it “normally” as the extra “boost” will be blocked.

That has worked for me for months (iOS and Android) and I don’t believe I’ve seen it mentionned here yet.

angryde
    @angryde

@pixelyzed Dude, that is an awesome tip… thank you so much for sharing! I had absolutely no idea… I really need to pay more attention! Good eyes, BTW. XD

Edit. Dude, my heart broke when I read your post from 16 hours 22 minutes ago… as I had just updated and saw the L+M cap increases… :-(

I hope you’re not too shattered… so frustrating, the timing of it all.

Commiserations, sincerely.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@angryde Surprisingly, I’m not bothered by it at all this time. Seriously. Even enyoyed the new caves a bit this morning :)

As I was writing my previous message above last night, I had a feeling my weapons would become obsolete soon ;) Maybe Rovio will give us some other way to update them?

The way I see it, we’re all in the same boat right now. So my weapons will remain strong in comparison to others for a while. And I’ll update them as I can until I get too bored with this game.

I was Level 60 of course and all my classes are at Mastery 61 already so I didn’t “fall behind” with this update or anything. It’s more frustrating for those who still do not have all classes or don’t have them all at Mastery 61 yet. That’s a lot of grinding ahead.

I will keep being competitive in the Arena and since I don’t really care about it much anymore, it’s fine! Really ;)

angryde
    @angryde

@pixelyzed Phew, I am relieved to read that, mate. It’s a great attitude; and it’s largely the approach I’ve adopted in relation to Epic. Anything else just invites frustration, yeah? Oh, and you’re right, comparatively speaking little has change… at least for now. Your birds and gear are still a hell of a lot tougher than mine + 95% of players’!

Pointless
    @pointless

Back in Arena earlier than I’d thought, due to the Shard awards last week. Noticed that things have become tougher again thanks to the Level/Mastery cap increase (as one would expect). Regularly facing Teams a few hundred APN above mine (seriously, who has Birds at M70 already? cheaters and those willing to spend a bunch, I guess). Valiant is still the king, rarely face any of the new Sets (as I had predicted).

angryde
    @angryde

@pointless Definitely tougher… but my board was shockingly low-energy. People seem to have given up… I came first without a lick of grinding.

Ed. update. And this week seems like more of the same. At least I appear to have a nice, clean board.

silver_29_11_2016.jpg

Timber
    @timber

I am flailing horribly in the Arena since the last update. I managed to make it to gold this week and get my XP up to 70 but all of my equipment is at level 62 and as of this morning I’ve failed to complete 5 of the goals this week. Barely holding on in 11th place and hoping the rainbow riot helps tomorrow.

I still have 2,997,300 mastery to get all my birds up to level 70. It’s seeming quite futile at this point to spend so many hours grinding to reach a goal that keeps moving just out of reach.

angryde
    @angryde

@timber I take a “it’s about the journey not the destination” approach… or, perhaps, I’m just in denial. XD In any case, I think we all understand your funk.

DD
    @toolow

That was intense. Join arena before an hour to the end and had to fought like hell to get to top 3. @pointless, I guess you joined a bit late to have enough time. Seems like joining late in the week may not work out so well sometimes.

Pointless
    @pointless

@toolow yes, time got away from me today…didn’t expect the intense mad dash, though :)

angryde
    @angryde

@angryde Another easy promotion – to gold this time. Here’s hoping this week is just as clean + straightforward.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 9

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 343 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.