Arena Season 9

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 9

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 343 total)
  • Replies
  • DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer Depending on the implementation, the knowledge on the layout, and the way patching is applied, hex editing may be a solution, temporary or permanent. But as you pointed out, the problem might return later or cause even more problems later. Which is one reason why I’m reluctant to proceed since the ‘solution’ is either not offered to @suzyq and @bubbley, or it has been applied but ineffective.

I’m using iOS, and the save file was accessible in the past without jailbreak. I know this because I’ve sent them mine before. After Apple changed the default permission to the application document folder, it is no longer accessible. They could have add a flag and allow access to the folder but either chose not to or do not bother.

No, I don’t use a Rovio account. Just me being paranoid. After the episode of trying to get them to compensate me and got fobbed off, I’m not going to use one if I can. I’ve been competing on boards with a lot of cheaters in recent weeks, and I just wanted to find out if I’m indeed on cheater boards. I thought nothing can be done for now given @suzyq and @bubbley noting that Rovio cannot fix it at the moment. The reply I got seems to implied otherwise. Not sure what I’m going to do given the apparent contradiction. May be it’s just me reading too much into the reply or making unfounded assumptions.

angryde
    @angryde

@metztli013

I hear what you’re saying 100% I started this week super-motivated; and have been grinding like an absolute pig.

I was hopeful that with the added assistance of ‘Arena Mayhem’ I could build-up a relatively safe buffer… Top-3 secured, out of danger, OUT of wood, etcetera. Yay.

Sadly, it looks like it’s going to be a bitter fight/grind, right down to the wire.

U R G H !!! :-/

wood.jpg

DD
    @toolow

@metztli013 I know the feeling, trust me. At one point, @angryde had a score that put him in 1st place on his diamond league board. That score would have been 14th on mine. All super grinders? I think not. Which is why I suspect that I’m on a cheater league.

DD
    @toolow

@angryde If you are struggling, I’d have no hope in your league. After 2 weeks of fighting against cheaters and super grinders, I’m done with actively competing in arena for now.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde looks honest. Timber is a friend.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@angryde

You might want to watch out for sniper rifle too. They put up points last week that were near cheat level. Could have been a super grinder though

angryde
    @angryde

I know @shapokomanbeast I was instantly suspicious… ;)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@toolow @suzyq @datguygamer I have received a reply from Rovio regarding editing my file. The answer is that it is not sufficient to solve the problem but would be a temporary fix.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bubbley

Thanks for letting us know even though the news wasn’t good. Not sure whether it’s worth playing the Arena anymore? :(

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley That’s what I told @toolow as well. However…I have something in mind though. How many weeks has it been that you are in the cheater board?

DD
    @toolow

@bubbley
    Thanks for letting us know. I guess I’ll just wait until they fix the problem.

@datguygamer

Also thank you for looking into it. In my case, I noticed a lot more cheaters about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Timber
    @timber

@angryde

It was dead slow at work last night so I spent several hours grinding in addition to my usual morning grind. My totals for last night and this morning are 87 battles times 85.1 points per battle bringing my current score to 48,240 as of 2 hours ago.

Timber
    @timber

@angryde
    BTW Dok has switched names to GOBaCR and then back again a few times and also seems to occasionally grind points rapidly…Or I haven’t been checking the scores as often as I should.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow Since you cannot access the save file anymore and do not have a Rovio account, I would suggest staying careful. One slip-up and you will lose your progress forever. But at the same time, since you are mad at them for not compensating you, if it does happen, you will leave the game permanently anyway.

I think you should keep backups using backup based applications so as to keep a tab in case anything goes wrong and Rovio’s “Epic needs to restart” messages have a history of crashing the save file (which happened to me twice).

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer it’s difficult to know the answer to that question. The last 6 weeks of Season 8 my leagues had quite a few obvious cheats. I shared a league with @suzyq and @shapokomanbeast if I was then we all would be. The following week it was just Suzy and myself in the same league. Suzy has been told she is also in a Cheaters League so perhaps it was that week. I think week 9.

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer Thank you for the sage advice. I’ll wait and see what happens for now.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley Since I don’t the arena at the moment (as the GAPM is broken currently), what week is going on right now?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer season 9 week 1. I also am not playing.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley Each season has 12 weeks and you were seeing cheaters since Week 9 of Season 8. So in that case, you’ve been in a cheater league for a long time and as far as I remember from our conversations @suzyq was as well.

So what I had a thought of is correct it seems. Your ID has been locked by the server for some random reasons in a specific type of leaderboard and for some reason, Rovio is unable to fix it from their side.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer that’s what seems to have happened. Do you know why they can’t fix it? Thanks

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley That I cannot say as as a normal player I can only dig so far in to the game for answers. But since Rovio and Chimera has access to developer build versions and extra tools and passwords, they reveal a lot more than the released versions we download. As far as I know of these kinds of stuff, if I had one of those builds, I would have been able to tell you more within a few hours. As an example, I cannot help @smwforever45 with mastery from within the codes as that area is patched. but yesterday, I tried a different method to see what happens and I got access to a text file that specifically said: “Please refer to the alpha build for details.” So just like this your problem, an alpha (or even beta) build helps out immensely for snooping around. But since I don’t have it, I can’t specifically tell you the reason but as far as assumptions go, I think during the time they started using all these random methods to block cheaters and since you and others were giving them screenshots, instead of dealing with the cheaters directly, I think they tried to instead put you in different leagues to solve the problem in a quick way. That may have caused some problems in subsequent weeks when the leaderboard for the arena refreshes..It could not refresh you from that list.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bubbley @datguygamer

I just pressed the “Finished” tab from last week as I came 13th due to not being able to play the last 3 days. So obviously I was demoted down to Platinum on the final game of the season.

As I was curious as to who was on the new Wood board I was amazed to find there is only 3 players at the moment, and neither of the other two players are cheaters.

Maybe that happened because I joined the game late or because I have been temporarily moved or both. So I will keep on playing as that could all change as it’s the weekend and other people will probably join in at the last moment.

Bubbley, I know you are not playing this week but did you just play one game to see who was on your board this week.

Datguygamer, thank you for the advice and info you gave me about resolving the problem I was having with the Amazon update. TBH I was so dejected about the whole Cheaters thing I didn’t use the info and felt I needed a few days away from the Arena. What you advised me to do won’t be wasted however as I’m sure it will happen again and I will use it then :)

Screenshot_2016-11-05-11-45-08.png

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@suzyq Glad everything worked out for you. So did you get your Elite Witch or not?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer thanks. So I think I know how I got in the wrong list but how can I get out of it?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 9

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 343 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.