Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc @toolow Rovio will never directly reveal their mechanisms as it would violate their policies of third party agreements with Chimera. Kenny has been very active regarding the toss as he has been generating data since Jan but it has never been 50/50 for him.

@bubbley
    Well you are getting more and more experienced in identifying cheaters.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Your situation has happened to me too and it should happen that way as it’s normal.

However, in one situation, I had that experience where I encountered a team with the set. I started the battle and I won but the other team sent their coin and won. But my coin then jumped in and started a never ending game of coins being tossed around. This happened for about 1 minute before the game crashed. It was a weird and fun experience for me.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45 @datguygamer @bubbley @shapokomanbeast @pointless @toolow

I was once writing about this bug. It seems that defeating chuck (with Last Will set) by Avenging Will effect causes double effect of Avenging Will: 2 targets are damaged and 2 targets are stunned. Can u please test it too (those who have Last Will set)? BTW. Chuck defeated this way does not trigger his Last Will extra attacks on ramaining Birds.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@bubbley, @kennymcc; @datguygamer

I almost never win the coin toss and I’ve never complained about it but cest la vie I guess.

@kennymcc

I will test it and see when I get an opponent with avenging will

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@shapokomanbeast
    Watch any defeat of enemy Blues with Avenging Will set. I saw those double effects of Avenging Will not only when my Chuck was defeated by it.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Unfortunately, I don’t have the complete Last Will set.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    I am going to make huge summary of all my coinflips since the coinflip was changed to “50/50” (Do u remember in which patch the coinflip was so negatively changed?) for Rovio with the end of this arena week. I will see if I start losing coinflips even more after that :D

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@kennymcc

I did try it out but avenging will effects were normal. Does this happen every time to u?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@shapokomanbeast
    Not everytime but quite often. Everytime when my Chuck is defeated by it.

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer That’s funny with the cheater set. Obviously, someone neglected to check for terminal condition.

@kennymcc
    I’ll look for it. And you know, Rovio might as well skip the coinflips and start first; not that it matters to you but it could save some time not having to do all the animation. ?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@toolow I would remove the coinflip completely and make the computer start first. Then I would change to match-making appropriately. This would make players to think more defensively or just think more :)

DD
    @toolow

@kennymcc I’m always think more defensively even when winning the coinflips; the best defense is offense in this game. ? Besides I always have to think about dealing with the opponents counter offense with my relatively weak L60/M12-13 birds especially since yesterday when they started becoming OP. Or actually, do I even want to start a battle.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow Upon introduction, the Cheater Set was the 2nd most buggy item beaten till this day at first position by the Piercing Set.

DD
    @toolow

@kennymcc Can’t say for sure. My banner was stunned and my Bomb had a ‘Dispelled’ message flashed by. I have nothing that will dispel negative effects but the opponents have the Mana Shell. Weird.

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer OMG You mean Rovio/Chimera actually released a set that works properly?! Does it by any chance called the Buggy Set? I’ve heard rumours of its existence but never actually seen it.

But seriously, what is the problem with the Piercing Set?

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@toolow

The dispelled thing is normal as avenging will is supposed to stun one opponent, give 4652 damage to one opponent, and dispel any positive effects from one opponent.

@kennymcc

I have always been irritated with Rovio for introducing these “Will” sets as they seem to be very buggy. For example many times with Last Will I have seen the opponent get bonus attacks even if their Chuck ko’s himself but then other times they don’t. I have on occasion had the bonus attacks from the opponent given to me. I don’t like them but if Rovio gives one more bird a “Will” set I will probably switch to this strategy and acquire the necessary set items.

DD
    @toolow

@shapokomanbeast Ah, yes, totally forgot that one. Thanks for correcting me.

Totally understandable with the “Will” sets. Even without the bugs, if all the birds have them, they just remove the distinctiveness of the sets. They might as well just have one nuclear set and let any bird to push the button.

Timber
    @timber

I’m in my third week of diamond league and my board has been evenly competitive all week. I have worked my way up to anywhere from first to fifth every morning and slipped down to twelfth to fifteenth by the next day. As of yesterday it suddenly became apparent that no players were losing any battles and the only way to get the lead was keep playing as much as possible.

A player named BopebeN figured this out early yesterday and kept grinding until he pulled ahead of everyone else by 10K. He had 74,950 when I quit for the morning. When I went back for more in the afternoon he had been reset to 0 and has not scored anything since then.

I started in fifth this morning and worked my way up to second place with 74,655. Pooooo was in first place with 74,980 when I took a break. I just went back to grind for the lead and Pooooo has been reset to 0 leaving me in first place.

I am fairly certain that these players achieved these scores by grinding and they are not cheaters AFAIK.

Now I’m afraid to continue grinding my score beyond 74,900. Second place Bonny is 2,400 points behind me and I may just wait to see if she can get past the 74,900 level without being reset to 0.

I have screen shots and hope a Rovio ticket is not in my future.

EDIT> One hour later and Bonny has been reset to 0… The player in second behind me need 6,700 to catch up. I’ll sit on my score and check in an hour before arena ends for the week.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@timber

Yes Rovio seems to be inept at spotting cheaters.

@toolow

Haha they basically have this nuclear feature already they would just have to allow potions in the arena. Then we could sit back and watch Mighty Eagle do his thing.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow The Piercing Set by its design is supposed to have a 10% chance of avoiding any damage. When it was first introduced, it sometimes gave the Blues one of the following abilities randomly:

* made the birds invisible thus avoiding ANY damage
    * increased damage done to an abnormal level (it would show normal but in-game it would be different)
    * increased health to an abnormal level (it would show normal but in-game it would be different)
    * swapped abilities with other rage attacks (I had my Blues do an explosion animation meant for Bomb’s rage attack)
    * would randomly change between other weapons and off-hands in your inventory (it was once posted on Rovio’s FB page but never happened to me)
    * animations for wrong items would play (like the Blues would throw the Piercing Needle itself instead of just shooting the arrow which would be like throwing a gun at enemies)
    * crashing the game
    * damaging the player profile
    * it changed my device color scheme from normal to greyscale (Epic had that permission but Rovio removed it later)

That’s all I had seen. Since then I have never used it. I don’t want to.

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer Oh dear, some of those are really nasty. Pity I never had any of the beneficial ones. At least we never have an objective to equip the set for a number of battles. (May be I should not be writing this here?)

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@timber
    The same thing happened to me. I was staying in the middle of the pack then began grinding through all of easy CG teams. I played many hours yesterday and made it to first. Late last night when I went to check if I was still in first I noticed 6 players had been zeroed. None of them had abnormal scores. One of them was a friend. I am sure all of them were just grinding to stay up with everyone. I wonder why this happened.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@dallasreds Sorry! =P I was super motivated Friday and decided that I had to beat WhoFarted, at least. But then I just kept going since I seem to be getting really easy CG opponents. Everything was going great… last night, you were in 1st, just above me. I was content with that and closed the game (I think at this time both MOON and WhoFarted had been knocked down to the bottom with 0 points). When I logged back in to check later…you were down there with them! Then more joined! WHAT IS GOING ON!?!? This is the current state of my board. What’s yours look like??

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Does anyone know who it is that plays as ABN_YOCKI in Epic? He was in 1st place on my board but was just reset to 0 points and is now in last place. I hope ABN doesn’t have a cheater among our members :-/

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@metztli013
    On my board I am in first place and you are in the group that was zeroed? I don’t understand.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.