Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 801 through 825 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • angryde
    @angryde

@dallasreds There is an easier way… my *elective* power rank is only 1010 and I have no trouble reaching and staying in diamond… ;-)

@smwforever45
    Lol re: @shapokomanbeast! I KNOW, right!? Calm down, son!

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@angryde

Who you calling son, boy??
    I’m 38???

angryde
    @angryde

@shapokomanbeast Sorry, I’m Australian, and “son” is a term of affection between men of approximately the same age. Kinda like “mate.” :-P Note to self… avoid obscure slag words/phrases on international forums. XD

Ed. See Urban Dictionary.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Go%20Son!

ROFL

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@angryde

Yeah I knew you were kidding, I didn’t know that’s what son meant there though.

I spent a year in New Zealand and 3 weeks out of that year I went to Aussie for 3 weeks and toured Tasmania, Brisbane and Sydney. Never heard son, but I heard mate everywhere?

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@angryde What is that easier way? ;) With a team of my strongest classes (Elite Bard M15, Elite Pirate M15 and Elite Palladin M15) my power in the arena is 2102. Yet I sometimes get beat by teams with 200-300 less power but with the right stuff (Valliant with TJ, Chuck with Reset, Bomb with Finisher). I usually fight in the Arena with Witch though because of Giant Growth.

I’m still looking for Valliant Head and the staff part of Reset for Chuck. My go to emblem is still resurection. My TJ just doesn’t activate half as often as the teams I fight against. My only complete banner set is Might which isn’t bad but not Valliant ;)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I went on a scoring spree with my M13 Elite Paladin w/Dragon, M15 Wizard w/Mana, and M13 Spies w/Cheater, Valiant banner and Resurrection emblem. Worked pretty great. I grinded 10k points which pushed me all the way up to #2 :)
    Arena Mayhem will end soon so this madness will stop. I feel better now. :P

kolchin
    @bhenry43

Valiant banner, Resurrection, E-Paladin with Dragon, Wizard with Last Will, Spies with RC bots. Make sure Chuck’s HP is lowest out of the 3. If I had the squire pig set I’d use it instead, I think chance for 2 charge resurrection > 10% power. Golden Chili as well.

If you win the toss, chili to chuck to clear birds and go for banner.
    If you lose the toss, the AI will always attack chuck first, last will procs (and 30% chance for chuck to survive anyway) and you should be able to clear the birds with Pally and Spies in your turn.

Then it’s cleanup from there, either way. Chili to pally for banner damage, chili to chuck for bird clearing. I’m 1300ish power (low ranks in birds, took a big hiatus this year) and consistently beat 1600-1700 power teams.

angryde
    @angryde

@pixelyzed I use the underpowered underdog strategy for grinding: so, a low level mixed banner combo + a low level underdog emblem (as few stars as possible) along with 2x super strong birds/sets. Some people use Paladin + Wiz whereas I use Wiz + Spies. This approach messes with the power rank calculation 90% of the time and hooks (you) up with teams in the 850 – 1150 range. With 60/15 birds and 10/10 sets you can obliterate each opponent in 1 or 2 turns and then move on to the next… so it’s great for no-risk grinding. However, be sure to enter the camp first and (then) equip all of your birds with their worst available classes/gear before you enter the arena: furthermore – and assuming you left your last arena session with your worst banner top/bottom/emblem equipped – be sure to immediately McCool reset. 90% of the time your first opponent will be in the 800s… then, switch your emblem to underdog and a Pal/Wiz or Wiz/Spies combo with 10/10 full sets. I can play as many as 30 or 40 battles before the power rank becomes an issue… then, simply switch everything back to junk, McCool reset until you get a power rank under 1000, and continue speed grinding! ;-)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Can someone confirm if there really is an option to change your board for 50 coins as @dallasreds? Or was I rick rolled in 2016?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bhenry43
    I just battled you in the Arena :P
    Rather easy win since I won the toss. I’m jealous of that TL set though…

@datguygamer

I think you were rickrolled :P But I wish it was real.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@datguygamer @smwforever45
    I had to go look up the definition of “rickrolled” so I can’t be guilty of that. Right?

Pointless
    @pointless

@dallasreds playing the plausible deniability card? Are you involved in politics somehow?

Joanna Caccavo
    @joanna-caccavo

“McCool reset”?

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@pointless
    I was NEVER involved in politics … That I remember. I do admit to keeping the pot stirring. It just seems to keep things more interesting.
    Edit

Do all you Canadians use just big words?
    :oP

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@joanna-caccavo
    Insider knowledge. ;)
    “McCool reset” or “McCooling” is the process of resetting an Arena opponent by battling Piggy McCool in an Unranked Battle once. That way, you can get rid of opponents that are too difficult for you, and exchange them for others that you have a less bad time with.

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 I hereby recind my claim on the previous trademark. It is now part of the public domain, and you may therefore use it when deemed appropriate :)

Pointless
    @pointless

@dallasreds pot-stirring? Like a good old chili cook-off? I finally see the purpose of those peppers…never would have thought of you as a Pit Boss, but the proof is there, albeit maybe not to the untrained eye.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@pointless
    In Texas I was raised on hot peppers. I continue the tradition to this day. It is ironic that this addiction involves this game (the golden chili) and my meals. I eat fresh chilis almost every day. This game has never brought me to tears(yet) but the cayenne and jalapeño peppers always do.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 It seems that @dallasreds Completely fooled me…for the second time..I seriously believed it to be real and something that I overlooked. :P

Btw, you are guilty Dallas as charged above and have the right to remain silent. Anything you have said and/or done can and will be used against you in the court of JUSTICE!!!!

angryde
    @angryde

@dallasreds I am exactly the same re: hot sauce, chili(s), etc. I think that’s why I love Epic so, so much… getting to see that big, fat, HOT pepper several times per day is very… comforting. FEEL THE BURN!!! XD

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

Well, I’m burned out when I was level 49 and I’ve reached cave 17. Wasted 10 burning cakes, and lots of energise skill used. And my birds have eaten lots of chilis.
    But then, Epic crashed. More like the first time I’ve entered the Platinum league in Season 7. I was Burned Out.

But I love eating Jalapeños and Wasabi pastes.

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

Just a promotion….
    Link (https://youtu.be/vUvU-btSeD8)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@angryde @smwforever45 @pointless @pixelyzed @datguygamer @dallasreds
    1.5.2 feature (bug) in arena: When I prepare team (3 birds) with power 500, the game always picks enemy with power 900-1000. When I prepare Underdog team (2 birds) with power 960, the game always picks enemy with power 1300-1500. When I prepare team (3 birds) with power 1325 the game almost always picks enemy with power 1350-1500, very rarely anything below 1325. I thought the enemy team should have power similar with the power of my team – sometimes a little higher and sometimes a little lower. It seems it doesnt work like that in 1.5.2. I wrote about it to Rovio.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

I got “Epic” message few minutes ago. @datguygamer can u look what was changed?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Just the October set item and arena changes. Nothing major.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 801 through 825 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.