Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 726 through 750 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@smwforever45 great to hear of your promotion despite having to compete with a Platinum League ghost player :-)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

My board look clean so far. I have played Joshau this morning so he is still with us.

I also have @koockaburra for company whether ghost or real.

Good luck all.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryjohnny
    Yeah. Oh well, I don’t mind now :) If your ghost had been the reason why I didn’t advance, that’s where I would’ve become real mad.

@suzyq

Thanks! Congrats on staying in Diamond :)

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

More friends from the neighborhood. I ran into @shapokomanbeast and then @bubbley for the second time in 2 days.

Sep19a.png

sep19b.png

kolchin
    @bhenry43

So I’m kind of new to the arena seasons, so bear with me.

I’m at Platinum now, and looks likely I’m going to diamond next week (Only one other grinder with me, the others look to be content with objectives). Once I reach diamond, is that it? Do I have to fight to maintain it for the next 4-5 weeks? Is it still bottom 3 go down a level at that point, or is it higher? Does my arena golden pig roll diamond level forever after that point, or does it reset at the end of the season (in other words, should I burn a all of my gold on arena rolls the next time 5x set chance comes around?)

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

Sep19e.png

@suzyq

You’re on my board.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bhenry43
    Once you finish a season in the top 3 let’s say diamond, your rolls will be diamond items even when the next season starts and you are back in wood. To maintain what league you are in just don’t get demoted by finishing in the last 3 slots. You can coast for the rest of the season in the league you are in and then grab for a diamond top 3 spot in the last weeks. So don’t waste your LC stash.

kolchin
    @bhenry43

Does diamond top 3 get me anything other than higher amount of coins and 3 star rolls?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@dallasreds @bhenry43 you do not have to finish the season in the top 3 if you are in Diamond, as long as you finish it while in that league all the rolls on your Golden Pig will be Diamond in strength in the next season.

And apart from an achievement if you finish in 1st place in Diamond League there are no other advantages than the ones you listed.

(Sorry for all the edits)

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bhenders52
    I think its your chance to get Timejump emblem from the wheel and of course diamond banner frame.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@dallasreds

Oh dear, sorry to say I’m ghosting on your board:)

At the moment I’m 3rd with 7965. I’m hoping not to do a lot of grinding this week. Last week my board was very mellow and I only had to grind a tiny bit to come 2nd.

This week 1st place is going mad and is already on 14K. I hope the rest of the board don’t follow at the same pace. However, as long as I can stay out of the bottom 3 I don’t mind where I am.

BF10
    @bf10

I don’t really care too much about this week, as my opponents pretty much have Diamond advantage.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

Angryde.png

@angryde

Another run in with ABN group. Are y’all punking me? LOL

Im gonna be a good friend and let you know you can pick 3 birds!
    Or maybe 3 is an unlucky number for you?

metztli013
    @metztli013

I’ve been saving up some funny names I come across in arena =)

Nice one!

Just my professional opinion,…but you should probably get that checked out, dude. =P

Looks like someone spied a possible cheater on their board.

Something about cheater again… I only understand the first half of this name lol. Can someone shed some light, here?

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@metztli013

Funny
    We may have to send the last one to the translators.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@metztli013 @dallasreds
    “CheaterSanFuerNix” is a bit wrong but I blame it either on a dialect or on the character limit.
    “Cheater SIND für nix” would be German for “Cheaters are for nothing”, questioning why they even exist.

EDIT: Again @dallasreds,
    I may know why @angryde does this. Underdog is actually a very underrated banner emblem. :) Try it out yourself if you have it. Use 2 birds instead of 3, and this emblem. Your birds get a 40% bonus in health AND in attack. Chilli on Chuck in the first round (he’s a lot more likely to survive if you lose the toss!), all enemies should be KO in the first turn.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@smwforever45
    Thanks. The nix part I knew but couldn’t put the whole thing together. I also thought about the character limit .
    I ran into @bubbley again. 3 times in 2 days.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@smwforever45 Thank you! I thought it might be another language, but unfortunately I only speak English. I took a couple semesters of French in middle school but that was a long time ago. And, I live in a small midwest town. As long as I can understand hillbilly I can communicate fine with just about everyone =P

angryde
    @angryde

Lol @smwforever45 is correct @dallasreds there is some method to my madness. I use the underpowered-underdog strategy in the arena. :P

But I do appreciate the gesture of friendship. And, hey, based on my track record and Epic related chrometophobia… you were right to be concerned. XD

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@angryde
    It was a lame attempt at humor. My favorite thing to do.

angryde
    @angryde

@dallasreds Hey you ARE funny. My compulsions ARE funny. So, win-win, eh!? And lameness – ah, so subjective! – is in the eye of the beholder. XD

But, as a side note… I’m quite fascinated. In @dallasreds grab there’s my Spies and Wiz, with their go-to sets, there’s the Underdog emblem… all good. But I never use my 52/52 Valiant set because it’s too OP for my strategy. I use a cruddy, mixed, unenchanted affair – a 46 Mighty Head and a 42 Blazing Cloth.

PLUS whenever I go to start an arena battle I always have to de-select a THIRD bird that’s randomly selected – you know, as if three birds is the ‘default,’ as it were. So I find it odd that the Roviobots are sophisticated enough to cope…

Whenever I face a team in the arena that’s got Underdog equipped, it’s ALWAYS got three birds in its line-up. So, so confused. (and amused!)

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@angryde
    I just always thought if I was using the Underdog emblem w 3 birds and 1 got koed that underdog kicked in in the next round….

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@dallasreds
    I think it used to do that but they changed this behaviour (and additionally, a 100% bonus to the stats if only one bird was on the field? Not sure). Now, you will only get the bonus if you start the battle with all three birds.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@smwforever45
    @all

Has this just been changed recently? I have always used it on knock out 3 birds w 1 attack for years. Does anyone done sta-tis-tics to confirm this? I don’t need to see them. I wondered how long this has been in effect. Thanks

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@dallasreds
    I didn’t even have an Underdog emblem until a few days ago. I can’t tell you more… sorry :P

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 726 through 750 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.