Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless There’s a reason for that. Since the GAPM takes more coins to roll than the normal one, it is programmed to be a bit more generous than the GPM in terms of sets and 3 star items.

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer while I can certainly see that as being true, the disparity between rolling “good” items on both Golden Pig Machines is huge, much different than it used to be. I can’t remember the last time I received an item from the GPM that wasn’t a crappy 0 or 1-Star throw away (not including the guaranteed full bar roll, of course). On the other hand, the AGPM seems to give out Set pieces with regularity, in fact I seem to get one every second day or so. Problem is that I already have Valiant, and once that is part of your arsenal, there’s very little point to even having any other Arena Sets.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    As long as 1.4.8 isn’t out on iOS I can’t play on my phone :P I use Bluestacks on my computer to play right now.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless Well there’s one single thing that most of us forget and thus overlook. The GPM has a ton of items to give out on each XP levels (both sets and normal) while the GAPM has less and by upgrading, it filters out old normal stuff by never giving it again with the only exceptions being sets.

Not only are there are a total of 56 sets now but there are 0-3 star versions of preset items (for your XP level) that the GPM can give out while the GAPM has to drop only 16 set items and 0-3 star versions of the emblems in respective leagues (as the normal tops and banners are always a set amount of stars and never change unless there’s a glitch). Couple that with the small benefit I mentioned above, ofc the GAPM will be more generous towards you.

Suzy
    @suzyq

It’s very frustrating not being able to see the complete board. I can only see me and who is second. I did a lot of grinding today and my total so far is 12020. Second is 7000 but is in grinding mode so may get very close to me.

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer while I fully understand that the GPM offers way more variety in terms of items than the APGM, this should not (and has not in the past) changed the percentage chance to obtain a Set item. Both Machines used to offer very close (identical?) chances to roll a Set, at least in my experience. Now I see far more 3-Star and Set items turning up from the APGM. Maybe we can see what everyone gets from the next 5x Riot.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless Maybe Rovio has been tinkering with the GPM lately. I mean it’s possible to make it seem to players that with so many sets, they will think that the items are harder to obtain. That is a viable option for devs to do.

Also, every time you write AGPM, I tend to think the Advanced Golden Pig Machine. The arena one is GAPM as in Golden Arena Pig Machine, not AGPM which now denotes something else. :)

burbman
    @burbman

OK, this opponent matching to objective thing is getting ridiculous. Yesterday I had the seemingly easy – Knock out bomb with Chuck 2 times as my 1,500 trophy objective. Piece of cake, right? Not so fast… 87 battles fought, and ZERO opponents using bomb on their team, causing me to miss out on my shards. I tried restarting the app several times, turning wifi on and off, anything I could think of to break the streak, but nothing worked. Very frustrating!

metztli013
    @metztli013

@burbman This has to be a glitch, a mistake. @pointless mentioned this near the beginning of the thread, all teams are popping up some combination of Red, Chuck, and Matilda. I totally didn’t notice it yesterday when I was doing my objectives, but I logged in today to grind a few battles and it was real. I played like 3 battles and then McCool’d probably 5 or so… all the same thing. Red, Chuck, Matilda.

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer I am a creature of habit…still think pre-Advanced Pig Machine, so GPM and AGPM are what I use :P
    Similarly, often use Pal or TB, when I, as most of us do, have the Elites.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless Hehe, indeed. :P

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I just say GPM and Arena GPM. That way, there can be no confusion. :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

My Arena opponents really tried to make it hard for me to complete my objectives today. Not with me! :D

Objectives for today:
    – Win battles with 5 different classes!
    – Win 3 battles and defeat 3 birds in a single turn while it’s your turn!
    – Win 3 battles and don’t defeat a bird!

Win/loss ratio today:
    9 battles played – 3 tosses won, 6 tosses lost

Total win/loss ratio since the update:
    27 battles played – 11 tosses won, 16 tosses lost

It was a good start… but the win/loss ratio is slowly going back to where it was before the update. I see NO IMPROVEMENT.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@smwforever45 I am also now using 1.4.8 marginal improvement in toss. Yeh I actually won one! However no freezes this evening a definite improvement. I hope we will see real opponents soon. It’s so boring playing computer generated players.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

My experience in arena today:
    I started new week in arena after 10h from the end of the last week. This was my starting board

I havent noticed any competative player for now. I see only players that make only daily tasks, nothing more. I will update it if it changes :)

@smwforever45
    @datguygamer
    I made 33 battles with Cheaters set today with this coiflip results (0 – lost, 1 – win, 2 – lost but reversed by Cheaters set to win): 120111011002000002012202120001220 (9 win, 15 lost, 9 lost but reversed to win). I think that this not look so good, maybe it is better from 1.4.6 but not so much :)

The game gives Red+Chuck+Matilda as opponent team quite often. I didnt count exact number, I would say like 70%.

I played with Underdog emblem, my team power was like 850 and the game gave me enemy team with power around 1200 after few (1-6) “fair” battles. Even if I won/lost with my team (850) against the OP team (1200) the game kept sending me enemy with power around 1200.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    My board isn’t too competitive either, even though I started only 1 hour into the new week. I’m mildly surprised.

So it is confirmed – you need the Cheater set to get a fair coin toss. It seems you lose more coin tosses when you have the Cheater set, however… My win-loss ratio isn’t quite as bad as that (11-16 for me versus 9-24 for you).

The reason that the game gives so many Red-Chuck-Matilda opponents is because there are so many computer-generated opponents right now. The servers may need some new opponent data first.

I got an OP team myself, playing with a ~1300 power team and suddenly faced a 1600-power team.
    If you lose a battle, however, you will ALWAYS get a much weaker opponent next. It has never been different and it is still the case. If you win a battle, you will either get equally strong or even stronger opponents.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    I lost once with my team (850) vs team 1200 and the game gave me another team 1200 :D I couldnt believe my eyes :D

I will do more testing of coinflip to have at least 100 battles and then I will send it to Rovio again :)

Pointless
    @pointless

Well, the jynx has hit…got the KO Bomb with Chuck Objective, and considering the computer generated opponents I always see post-update, there goes 1.5K points. That’s a lot of grinding in Wood League.

But I am definitely experiencing more toss wins than before. I will start to keep track (especially if I have to grind 1.5K points…gulp!)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    Not all opponents I encounter are computer-generated. I had 4 or 5 today that were real players. Yesterday I had two, two days ago I had three. However, it seems that as soon as you get one computer-generated opponent, you will always get them until the next day starts.

I see no changes in the coin toss yet. Maybe it’s a little bit better but not enough to become a fair toss.

Pointless
    @pointless

Well, here’s hoping…I have seen nothing but CG Red/Chuck/Matilda since 1.4.7(8)

Suikyo
    @suikyo

I believe I just saw a new kind of computer-generated team. No set banner, mastery level bar has nothing.

Screenshot_2016-08-08-11-39-45.png

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@suikyo
    I saw these teams before; many don’t have a complete banner set and many use Purification or Protection by XX emblems.
    Haven’t their Mastery bars always been empty?

Mastery level 13, that is new to me on this screenshot. The rest I have seen before.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@smwforever45 their mastery bars are always empty. just want to list some supporting points for computer-generated team.

All computer-generated teams I have seen so far are mastery level 13.

Pointless
    @pointless

That is every Team I am facing right now, Sets for the Birds, mismatched Banner.
    Still nothing but Red/Chuck/Matilda…my hope of completing the KO Bomb with Chuck Objective is failing.

Toss is exactly equal so far (20 Wins/20 Losses)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Thanks for you feedback. Seems like the Cheater Set is needed.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.