Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • Bubbley
    @bubbley

@smwforever45 forgive me but why do you want an empty board? @kennymcc started with few players but it’s not that way any more and what is worse he has a cheat.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@bubbley @smwforever45
    Yeah :) I forgot to say that any cheaters can appear on your board and lower you chances to end at least on 3rd place.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bubbley
    I never said I wanted an empty board.
    I just don’t want a board where 14 of 15 people compete and I don’t get a realistic chance to stay on top.

Pointless
    @pointless

@kennymcc that seems to be my predicament this week. Top two are about 50K, and I don’t think I have the time/will to catch them. Hate the prospect of fighting for third, only to have a cheater steal the promotion out from under me.

Dave
    @seraphion

@suzy
    are we on the same board? Whats your name in epic?

Dave
    @seraphion

@pointless

Damn that really sucks. I thought rovio was now able to remove cheaters from a borad? Or am I wrong here?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@seraphion
    I have a suspicion what the Rovio said about protection from cheaters, were only words but no real acts, or they new “cheat-protections” are useless :(

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Well the problem is that we can clearly see when their preventions does not work but not when it actually work (straight removing the points from the cheaters not counting) so it is hard to know how effective it is yet.

Dave
    @seraphion

Yeha thats true

Suzy
    @suzyq

@seraphion no you aren’t on my board. My name in Epic is Suzy. I think Yammy is ghosting on your board.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@angryjohnny @smwforever45 @pointless @bubbley @poptimus @datguygamer
    Have anyone tried to count howmany battles is there possible to play if u play 24h a day, u win every coinflip and win the battle during 1 (or maybe 2) turns? Then u multiplay it with maximum possible Wheel reward + 5500 (daily tasks points). Now we have lets say “cheat number” I think that it is not so hard to implement a rule into ABE, if any player crosses this “cheat number” per day, then the player is automaticaly removed from the game as a cheater without any investigations. I think this rule would remove many cheaters from this game.

EDIT1: Or better (universal) rule that should be implemented: Lets count the shortest possible time to win battle, and call it “battle time”. And lets have max points per battle and call it “battle points”. If any player crosses “battle points” per “battle time”, the the player would be utomaticaly removed from the game as a cheater without any investigations. Daily tasks points must be recognized in this rule. I dont know how hard is to implememnt such rule in ABE, but this would remove almost every cheater (I think 99% :) ) in the game. What do u think about that :)?

EDIT2: I tried fast battle where enemy banner was 1 hit, I lost coinfilp. It took 40s from hitting the button which started battle to the point when the reward wheel stopped rolling. I think that no battle can last less than 20s if u win the coinflip.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kennymcc no I haven’t but there was a time when one of our nesters, @londojowo, played the same 4 players over and over again. There was most likely a glitch for they didn’t change for weeks, but he never lost a battle, I don’t know about the toss. He was in Diamond league and the maximum possible to earn was 3000 an hour.

Don’t know if this is of any use to you but it might help some calculation.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    This would exclude cheaters that gain 20,000 points in 5 minutes and then stop. I’d say that if you were to check for those instead this would remove 95% of all cheaters.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kennymcc I just played 10 battles in a row. I did not change my line up, which I normally would. I timed from hitting the button to select the battle, you hit again to play, until the end of the 10th spin of the wheel and after the pressing the arrow to exit the wheel. It took 15 minutes 23 seconds. I lost the toss 5 times, 9 battles were 3 star 1 was 2 star. I gained 750 points.

This is fairly representative of my play although I usually alter my line up and weapons to suit the enemy. Remember this is against CG opponents. I would expect a different result against a real player.

Pointless
    @pointless

@kennymcc your suggestion is one of many ways Rovio should (and could, more poignantly) be able to weed out almost all cheaters rather easily. The problem is, as some have said more than a few times, there seems to be little effort made on their part. This is the point that should be investigated. Why does Rovio tolerate these players? There must be a reason that they allow this continual frustration to persist. Think about all the loop holes that have been discovered in the game that have allowed us as players to benefit without spending RW$. Rovio is very quick to fix these exploits, as ultimately these hurt their bottom line, so there must be a related reason (i.e. profit) that the cheaters are tolerated. I am assuming it is as simple as advertising revenue generated from a number of active players, which would include the immoral ones, so banning them would be detrimental to the company, bedamn the rest of us.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@pointless
    Yeah thats true, there must be a reason why Rovio tolerates cheaters in some way. Money is almost always the reason :) As u said, somehow the toleration of cheaters makes them more money in global rather than banning them. If this is true, there is no help for honorable players ever. So we can only keep complaining :)

I will send my suggestions to Rovio and will see what they answer :)

@smwforever45

I think my Edit1 (from last post) would eliminate such cheater, or not?

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

It seems about a third of the constant stream of CG teams have the “protection from bird x” as their banner emblem and about a third of them don’t even have bird x on their team. I think it’s a hoot.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc @pointless
    On the other hand, wouldn’t less people quit from too many cheaters? I think it would equal each other out, and possibly the honest players would start gaining trust into the company again and possibly spend a dime on it.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    If your thinking would be true, why is Rovio tolerating cheaters? Any idea :)?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    IMO, Rovio isn’t tolerating cheaters at all. It’s just that the cheaters are always one step ahead of Rovio, that is my theory. Just like pickpockets are always one step ahead of their victims. But it’s getting a LOT better. Have you seen some of the stuff on the first post of the Cheaters topic? That was crazy. And I haven’t seen anything like that in forever. Cheaters are still there, but it seems to slowly tone down.

Anonymous

Well, this is just the strangest Silver League leaderboard I’ve seen, that’s for sure:
    image.png

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@poptimus You would be in 9th place in my league.

Has anyone else noticed that if you’re facing Chuck/Bones, if you knock him out on your opponents turn, the extra attack doesn’t trigger? So hit Chuck/Bones with a Venom variant, and as long as you don’t KO him and the venom does, he goes away quietly.

Anonymous

@jamairoqui
    I’d be doing a lot more grinding if I were in your league. :)

As for Chuck’s newest set, I thought the scenario you just described would result in counterattacks, but not if enemy Chuck gets KOed in the course of his own attack (from banner Thorns/Retaliation, Cupcake Trap, or Mage/TBird defense spells, for example). I’ll admit I’ve not paid close attention though. I do know that when I use the set and my Chuck gets KOed by venomous-style post-attack spells, I do still get the bonus attacks from my own birds. The only time I consistently don’t get the bonus attacks is when my enemy knocks my Chuck out, and also knocks themselves out in the same attack. This happens often because I use TBird a lot.

Pointless
    @pointless

@jamairoqui @poptimus I have yet to truly figure out the mechanics of the Bones Set, and I use it exclusively in Arena now. Just when I think I’ve got it, I see something happen that debunks the theory. Obviously the behaviour must follow a defined pattern (it is programming, after all), but so far some of it alludes me.
    A Venomous KO on your Chuck will cause a Last Will proc. A KO due to an enemy Thorn/Retaliate/Vengeful Proc will cause a Last Will proc (although can also freeze the battle).
    The ambiguity seems to come from what the definition of a “target” is, and where added damage due to AoE/Crit procs falls under this. I know that a SeaDog gang up (ie a secondary attack) will not cause a Last Will proc, so somehow Bomb’s attack is not considered an attack on the target of Chuck, even though it obviously is. Similarly, not all AoE attacks will cause a retaliation, but it is so hard to tell during the battle what actually causes the Chuck KO.
    What I mean is, say you attack an enemy Red with Twin Lightning and KO the enemy Chuck equipped with the Bones Set. This should result in a Last Will proc, and often does, but not always. My feeling is that if the KO is caused by a Critical proc from your TL, maybe the blanket effect doesn’t consider Chuck a “target” in this particular case, and so no retaliation. More investigation into this needs to be done, but may prove impossible as I said due to the damage potentially coming from many different sources.

And this should probably have gone in the Set Items thread…

BF10
    @bf10

I am probably one who is getting trolled or unlucky. I have been playing 10 games in a row and lost the toss to ALL OF THEM!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.