Arena Season 7

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 7

Viewing 25 replies - 526 through 550 (of 1,143 total)
  • Replies
  • Pointless
    @pointless

I just tried it out, although it leaves me at a disadvantage, as it is L62/E0. It seems to be only of benefit if you lose the toss to begin with, which would make sense given the description, so a head to head matchup would not affect things at all, as only the initial phase has a proc chance.
    Of high interest was my success in the toss in general, as I immediatley outright won the toss my first three battles, which has not happened to me at all post-update without Cheater. Small sample, yes, and probably yet another RNG joke on me, but I think this does bear investigation. Perhaps the terrible coin results are somehow tied to this Set?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I have received a response concerning the coin toss (ignore the first part, that was about something else that only happened once):

So apparently it is a bug, not intended.
    However, I can assure them it’s not bad luck, lol.

Gonna write Mathias back.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 I am curious about that Mastery bug you had. Let me guess, was it that bug where even if you collected Mastery, it would not count towards your meter? Is that the one?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    My Cannoneer lost 200 mastery points at one point, and I think the mastery points ended up being added to Captain’s total instead. The issue never happened again and it happened only once so I dropped the case.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45 Oh poor Matias :D He thinks that this can be only bad luck :DDDDD Yoshi, please tell him to read this topic here ;) Maybe he will rethink his theory after it :D

Suzy
    @suzyq

@smwforever45 thanks for sharing your response from Rovio. Glad they are going to investigate. Hope they find the bug soon :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    I actually directed him to ABN to read more about it. :P
    Bad luck, LOL

@suzyq

Yeah, hopefully. It would certainly save revenue because players won’t turn their back on the game.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

In either way it is good to have a team that can win even when u lose that coin toss (with 3 stars if possible). I had this strategy with Undredog emblem, Paladin (Dragon set) + Wizard (Mana set). This worked well. But after some updates, the game started to pick opponents with much higher power number in comparison to my team. Ok I can restart the game to get again opponent with similar power number, but what is the point of this? Rovio wants us to restart the game more often or what?

BTW. do u have good strategy to win arena battles mostly with 3 stars even if u lose the coin toss?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    I don’t use Underdog at all, lol. Currently I go with Vengeful; once I get Resurrection or TJ I’ll use these instead.

My main team is Elite Paladin (M10) with Dragon (52/5-52/5), Wizard (M12) with Mana (60/3-52/4), and Witch (M7).
    If you want 3 stars, Witch is almost a must. Keep buffing the banner for more health, and each time you have the opportunity, buff it again for massive healing. Your score is primarily dependent on the health that your banner has in the end. Your aim should be to finish with as much health on the banner as possible – bird health or the amount of KO’s don’t matter. Each KO’d enemy bird gives 2000 points, the defeated banner gives 15000 points, your own banner gives 30,000 points at max health, decreasing linearly with decreasing banner health. 3 stars require 45000 points, so if you defeat 3 enemy birds, you’ll need to have at least 80% banner health left for 24,000 points from your own banner to finish with 3 stars.

Sorry if it looks confusing. XD

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45 Not confusing for me :) I know what r u writing about :) I know these numbers very well :) Here u can watch how I used to do it, when power matching worked well and fair. Sorry for bad quality of my video, I was testing to record some videos :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45 I am thinking to make a team with strong offensive and defensive together. Something like: Valiant set + Resurrection emblem, Wizard (Phoenix set) + Paladin (Dragon set) + Spies (Beep set or Save me set). What do u think about it? I think I have to test it first :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Do u think it is normal, when u enter Arena and the game picks u such enemy team? See the power of the team, 1150 vs 1512, seriously :D? I think there is 0% chance to win such battle even if u win the coin toss :) Arena

angryde
    @angryde

I’ve got news for Rovio… some of the runs I’ve been having fall in the region of 1 in 1.3 million, probabilistically speaking. And… for that to occur on three separate days..? That’s an interesting argument!! :-P Do they think we’re all uneducated sheeple!? It’s so insulting!! Grrr.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Can u tell me what stunned my paladin??? I cant see anything with stunning ability on enemy team. So another bug that makes arena opponents stronger?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    I tried this very strong combo myself – it just isn’t enough to 3-star battles. The banner loses too much health and Spies’ and Paladin’s healing just isn’t enough.

That is quite strong indeed. I’m at ~1100 power due to my weak banner and Witch, and I’m facing enemies up to 1450 power… It was easier before the update but Witch is OP so I can still win most of the time :)

About your picture… did the enemy Wizard buff one of the birds? If you see chillis around an enemy, this fills up their rage chilli faster when this enemy takes damage, AND it has a 20% chance to stun too. There’s no other stun source in that battle…

EDIT: Wait, HOLD UP. That is EXACTLY my current team that you were battling! Elite Paladin with Dragon, Wizard with Mana, Witch with part NB and part Nightmare, Valiant with Vengeful! Did you actually battle me?!? Damn!

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45 As u see, I tried that combo, and as u wrote it is not enough to get 3 stars usually. Yeah :) it was/is probably your team in the picture :) I think it had power something over 1100. I cant remeber if the bird that I defeated with my paladin had wizard’s defensive ability, but I dont think so (I cannot say it 100%).

BTW. I think coin tosses changed, I start to win them more often. I go to test it more :)

Jim151
    @jim151

Can u tell me what stunned my paladin??? I cant see anything with stunning ability on enemy team. So another bug that makes arena opponents stronger?

Is it possible that Wizard had buffed himself or one of the others with energize prior to your Red knocking him out? Because that could do it. Otherwise, no, there doesn’t appear to be any other explanation.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    Yeah this team is something around 1100 power, it could have been me. Check the name next time :P

If it wasn’t Wizard then I don’t know what else.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    I made this video today in Arena.

This setup seems to work very good. I know that sometimes appear opponents with very strong birds and very weak banner (with not more than 2000 health), and if I lose the coin toss such enemy sometimes defeat my Wizard even through his strong defensive (+40% health due to Underdog, +20% Health and 20% dmg reduction due to Blessed set Banner).
    The game kept similar power of the enemy to the power of my team in this video, so I could play many battles in row in this situation. But this didnt happen more than only sometimes to me :)

BTW. I made an example of 35 battles in Arena. Coin tosses won: 15, coin tosses lost: 20.

angryde
    @angryde

@kennymcc Thanks for the video. Yeah, I’ve tried this underpowered banner + overpowered birds + underdog strategy before… unfortunately, it does not work for me. Even when my power rank is between 850 – 950 my opponents are STILL in the 1200 – 1400 range. Sure, that’s better than my usual 1500 – 1900 range (with max. banner + birds), but it’s still too risky and not THAT much faster. Annoying!

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@angryde One good tip to keep enemy team on lower power numbers than usual: dress your non-fighting birds with low power items and Classes – as low as possible. If u have items when u were around level 10, these r best for arena battles strategy :) U can see in my video, that my Matilda, Bomb and Blues have some non-set items – yeah these items r really weak to make the job :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer NB is shortcut for set of Matilda’s items with name Nature’s Blessing :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 7

Viewing 25 replies - 526 through 550 (of 1,143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.