Arena Season 7

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 7

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 1,143 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

@napoleongl
    Switch out witch for skulkers too for even more damage. I guess that would make it a pretty unsafe battle, but it’s an extra 10% boost to avenger’s attack, FWIW.
    Another fun combo along these lines is Illusionist, Marksmen, and either Samurai or Cannoneer. Six hits in a single attack, and each one gets the Marksmen bonus damage.
    Also, Skulkers with Artillery Strike, Thunderbird and Capt’n.

Anonymous

@napoleongl
    By the way, how were you able to get that screenshot? Is there some video capturing software that you took a still from, or are you just really good at timing your screenshots?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@poptimus
    Oh that’s lovely, having a normal attack that’s stronger than his own rage attack :P
    Thanks for the clarification!

Since I didn’t have Witch I used Avenger/Wizard/Capt’n for my test. Chuck’s rage can get Avenger’s strong attack in a second time. Probably better than having 10% bonus from Skulkers.

Anonymous

@napoleongl
    Oh, and add bomb’s gladiator set for another 30%! :-)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Note that Gladiator only applies if you already have the banner <50%…

Kdubz
    @kdubz

@Jim151 I’ve said this before in another thread and people thought I was crazy. The computer definitely shifts the odds to work against meeting the daily objective. The worst, most obvious example is the “win a battle after losing the coin toss” challenge and you can’t lost a coin toss.

It’s also very obvious that the computer knows when you’re about to fill the rage chili. Computer almost always puts up a defensive shield to be active on the turn that your chili fills. The computer won’t do a single defensive move in the battle prior to that.

Jim151
    @jim151

It’s also very obvious that the computer knows when you’re about to fill the rage chili. Computer almost always puts up a defensive shield to be active on the turn that your chili fills. The computer won’t do a single defensive move in the battle prior to that.

I don’t have a problem with that, as that is an in-game move a real player might make. but something out of the control of the real player, like the random assignment of foes, or the coin flip…yeah.

Pointless
    @pointless

The AI may have an “advantage” as obviously it knows when you are about to Rage, but if you pay attention to your battles and your opposition, you should have the same knowledge.
    Simply don’t Rage then, I have had Samurai continuously shield over and over against me, which I’ll gladly take as it keeps his attack away from my Team…and I use Capt’n

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I never noticed this until today but I got an objective “Win 3 Arena battles and do not heal your birds once”.
    The fun thing is that I was running Blessed set and that initial bonus health the set bonus gives you counts as healing birds even though it had no player input from me. Never realised that myself.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah, I had the win after losing coin flip. Easy, except for losing the coin flip in the first place…

angryde
    @angryde

@datguygamer Yes, that has been the bane of my existence, as a ‘venomous guy.’ :-P

Jim151
    @jim151

The fun thing is that I was running Blessed set and that initial bonus health the set bonus gives you counts as healing birds even though it had no player input from me. Never realised that myself.

That’s not true. I completed that objective the other day using the Blessed set.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jim151 It did for me when I used my Blessed set and never once did the counter go up for me and I never used any healing during the whole battle.

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@poptimus @smwforever45
    Gladiator set is the only one I don’t have but I’m going to test it just for the fun of it.
    Taking witch out like you say is too risky and also buffing avenger ensures he’survive round one.
    Lightning bird with chrono is fun with that team also. Especially when the RNG is on your side and you can have five avenger attacks in one round… Doesn’t happen often though.

Pointless
    @pointless

@jim151 you are correct. Blessed Banner does not count as healing your Birds. I have completed the No Heal objective many times equipped with the Set.
    I will say, KOing an enemy with Witch does seem to count as a Heal, strangely enough, as the leach doesn’t happen until the next turn when the enemy is still up. Not sure why this is, another bug?

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

I thought that getting any form of Bonus health (From the Banner) counted as healing? Because at the start of the match the birds get “healed” the increase in max health. I haven’t tried using Blessed or any form of Health increase recently while also having the “No heal birds” objective, so maybe it was a bug that was fixed.

Whenever I used that Avenger build I also used Witch as a sort of safety net in case the battle went south. Unfortunately it’s one of those builds that requires synergy, timing and some luck to pull off, which makes it still harder to use than a simple Power or Power + Witch.

Anyone else use that new “Cheaters” set? Is it any good, or (more appropriately) is it working as advertised?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless Throughout the whole day, Blessed set never helped me with my objective. I don’t know what happened but even though I never healed anything throughout the whole battle, the counter never increased.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@datguygamer What classes did you use and what did the birds have equipped?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny Red with Samurai (Masamune Set), Matilda with Princess (Nightmare Set), Bomb with Berserker (Bomb set). Never did I heal and neither of my classes were equipped with passive healing items but whenever the Blessed set showed that initial health bonus, after completing the battle, the counter always stayed the same for me. I don’t know why this happened when others are apparently not having this.

Since the objective is now complete, I cannot confirm this anymore, but I used Blessed set about 4 or 5 times and the objective was always incomplete for me. Then I gave up and used the Angry Set.

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer really odd…the only other thing I can think of is Resurrect Emblem? Or just plain buggy for you?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless I had Chrono Crest equipped. Does that count (though I honestly doubt it will)? I don’t know what’s up with my game. When I get this objective again, I’ll be sure to grab some screencaps.

One more thing I’d like to add that during this objective, you can heal your banner and it will still count towards your objective and the counter will go up. However, the birds, themselves, should not be healed whatsoever. I healed my banner during my objective hunt and it still went up for me (when I started using the Angry Set and switched to Witch).

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer did the enemy heal you. It’s a bug. It happened to me with the without healing banner objective. The enemy Spies healed my banner even though I didn’t.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I think Bubbley has it – I’ve see Spies heal my banner, too.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley Huh, that might be possible as the teams did have Spies.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Ouch. This is one of the worse objective sets to get.

“Win battles and KO 3 birds with Red!”
    “Win 3 battles without using Bomb or The Blues!”
    “Win 5 battles using the Marksmen class!”

So 8 battles in total, of which 5 with a class I otherwise never use for Arena because it only has niche uses.
    Any good strategies? I’d probably do the last one first and then try to pull off battles 6-8 with Red, Chuck and Mathilda because they’ll be harder.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 7

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 1,143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.