Arena Season 6

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 718 total)
  • Replies
  • Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley just proves the point about the inane AI…anyone having 4 TJ procs in a batlle should win hands down.
    Out of curiosity, which team of mine did you play, as I am switching a lot recently to avoid boredom (not that he’s by any means my go-to, but have you seen the damage TH/Bal can deal? Wow…)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Oddly, this week is ending early. Like right now.

Rather than 14 hours from now when the objectives reset. Very strange.

Still, I’ve got a a clear 1st place lead no matter what.
    ____

Yup, 1st place with 43k over 2nd at 31k. Stone league. 1 shard and 2 junk items and a reset on Daily Objectives with 14 hours to complete rather than 24. Very strange indeed!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Won first place with 54K. Got a more powerful Green Flag, Green Banner and Tiki Doll. Thus, my Wood League collection is truly complete.

Off to Stone League to clear the last three wheel items (Yellow Flag, Yellow Banner and that snail shell looking thing). No one can stop me!

Viking
    @viking

I still had one more objective to complete and I would have earned 1st. My mother who plays after my nephew stopped, didn’t get a chance to play here objectives yet and earned 4th, so she is stuck. We both earned less silver than we would have and not there are objectives that will expire in less than 12 hours. Which means if you don’t play now, you could start this week really behind.

What is the deal? Something like this happens almost each time they start a new season.

I remember one season both my mother and I were in first place by ourselves and never had to play against anyone. A guaranteed 1st place and 1400 coins.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Very strange I looked into the Arena this morning and it says finished but there are still 10.5 hours to go according to the Arena clock. Anyone else?

Edit: Sorry the above posts have just appeared on my screen even though they were written earlier. Seems several have this issue.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@viking That second part usually happens when all arena players in your leaderboard have advanced to the top leagues and you are there at the bottom as no one is there to compete with you. It happened to me too once.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless Paladin, Witch, Wizard. Each had 1 TJ and Wizard had 2. Overuse of his shock shield and Matilda’s preference for powering up her team mates is what caused the loss.

I have been keeping account of TJ over the last couple of days. Most of the time it’s 4 with at least 1 for each bird.

Yes I have played fully enchanted 50/12 TH/Ballister. Huge damage but I would rather play him than the same set up with Tricksters whose other attributes make him a much more formidable opponent.

Narc
    @narc

What is going on with week 1? It was supposed to close out later on today at 3pm EST. I still had objectives to play this morning. Thanks to this early ending I got bumped down to 4th from 2nd because the other people in my league completed their last set of objectives before this early ending. That’s one whole week down the drain.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Seems like Rovio changed what day the league week ends for season 6. Now it ends 1 day earlier.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I’ve been seeing a LOT (and I mean A LOT) of Frost Savages suddenly in the Stone league. Like, literally, the whole day I’ve been fighting against teams that all have Frost Savages and all the AI does is trigger its supportive ability and that 25% chance stun works 100% times against me.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Frost Savage triggers per target. So if Chuck is hitting 4 targets, yeah, he’s almost certain to get frozen.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@graugeist Still doesn’t excuse that all the teams I’ve been encountering in the Stone League suddenly have an over abundance of Frost Savage. That’s ridiculous. Not to mention that for some reason I’ve been pitted against this guy named “The Legend Druere” like 60 times already. What’s up with that? Are there no other players in my leaderboard except this guy? This new matchmaking system is crap.

dillo
    @dillo

@datguygamer I’ve fought the same guy in season 5 at least 40 times so that’s really nothing new.

@graugeist
    Agreed with the Frost Savage 25% per target, Mana set negates this a bit though.

@angryjohnny
    Yeah, ending early hurts the late surgers who usually manage to knock me from 1 to 2 or in one horrible case from 2 to 4. I have to admit that this season has been kinder to me, no real gunners in my division (we’re all pretty equal actually, rather active but friendly-like).

Any ideas why the season shifted by 14 hours (Eastern Standard relative)?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

My current Stone league is nuts competitive. *sigh*.

dillo
    @dillo

@graugeist Plenty of weeks left in the season…in season 5 I missed out on promotion to Platinum because of ultra-competitiveness in my division but I had 4 weeks to go, waited half a day after the week ended and got seated in an average division. Actually, I missed the first 4 weeks of the season so that was more impressive than I first thought!

Anonymous

@pointless
    “the key here is that Chuck is the one being fed the Chili, and perhaps the randomness of his Rage is restricted to him alone?”
    Seem plausible. I’m finding it hard to care enough to actually check, since we’ve come SO far off topic from your original point. :)

Pointless
    @pointless

Lol…I know. What was the original post again?
    I have been paying close attention to the deviant topic however, and really think my latest assumption is correct. I had an enemy Avenger, upon winning the toss, use his taunt leaving my full team up and under the force attack. I fed Chuck the Chili (he really must have a strong stomach) and both my Red and Bomb attacked the Avenger as dictated by the force, while Chuck himself targeted the enemy Chuck.
    Latest example in a continuing string in which force attack does (for the most part) affect Chuck’s “random” Rage.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I wonder if Rovio changed this, because previously, Rage overrode the targeting.

Pointless
    @pointless

I have noticed this pre-Valentine’s Blues Event and had to watch closely to confirm, as I had been come accustomed to the random as stated in the Rage ability. It has definitely changed, but really changed to the letter of the law.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OK, yeah, I’m not going up this week. 3rd would require me spend hours grinding another +15k, and a “safe” 2nd would require me grinding +40k to hit 70k. Not quite sure how 1st & 2nd are at 70k with 4 days to go, as they’re grinding 10-15k daily on top of 5k in objectives. That’s a huge amount of fights on a Stone wheel that caps at 125 per spin. Regardless, I’m not doing 100s of extra fights daily.

dillo
    @dillo

@graugeist You weren’t kidding about the competitiveness of your division were you?

@pointless
    I’ve noticed this too but since I use Mana set I don’t get a lot of forced attacks.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Nope, I’m not kidding. I haven’t seen this kind of competitive play in a while – it’s been a surprise to me.

Pointless
    @pointless

@graugeist that is crazy…you haven’t seen any tell-tale jumps in the leaders’ scores to indicate anything but fair play? That is a huge investment in time otherwise at a max of 110 per spin as you say.
    I am first in my Stone League with just over 40K, over 3K ahead of second and ~10K ahead of third, so should be safe…barring any “weirdness” (fingers crossed)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I hadn’t been tracking their scores, so I can’t say whether either of them are cheating; however, they’re both up about 5k since I last posted, with first over 75k, so it’s possible they’re both no-lifers spending all their time grinding…

Atom
    @atom

As to the forced attack issue: I had a game yesterday where my opponent was playing Avenger and went first. They used the support ability to force all my birds to attack him. Fortunately Chuck survived the first round and I was able to feed him the chili. NONE of the birds attacked the enemy Red during the rage chili. This has been my experience in the past too so if there is a bird that attacks the bird they are forced to attack it seems to just be RNG at work. I’ve also noticed this when my opponent is running Princess and has gotten an attack in.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 718 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.