Arena Season 6

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 551 through 575 (of 718 total)
  • Replies
  • Suikyo
    @suikyo

@pointless @angryjohnny @jamairoqui I also had this in my league last week. I was in the 5th place. But the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th were zeroed. I do not know when it happened because I did not check the leaderboard during the last 12 hours.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@suikyo Maybe they clear out the ghosts at the end of the week now? The leaderboard in my league was static for about the last 12 hours. I just didn’t get the sense anyone was cheating.

Jim151
    @jim151

What are the odds of spinning a snout place on the wheel 40 times in a row? Because I have done that today. I am desperately trying to make up ground lost yesterday getting knocked out early while futilely truing to achieve the “knock out 3 birds with one attack” objective, and all i get on the wheel are snouts. 40 times in a row a snout has come up, no matter if I roll a 1, 2, or 3 star. It’s very frustrating trying to make up 6,000+ points getting only 0-75 a pop.

Jim151
    @jim151

Streak ended at 44 in a row.

orinocopl
    @orinocopl

Well, there’s nothing more important for the players (who already have ten or hundreds of thousands of snoutlings) than more snoutlings. Ranking points? Naaaaaaah…. Who needs ’em ?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Now that I’m in Diamond, the points are of little value. I just play for more shots at spinning max shards.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@jamairoqui I cannot tell why those are cheaters, especially the two people getting fewer points than me.

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer I have a few questions about your gathered data regarding Valiant procs, and I in no way mean any offense, so please don’t take any if this as such.
    You report ~55% for and ~82% against. Is this correct? This is a statistically significantly deviation from the norm based on a fair sample size. Were you recording data as myself and @bubbley had outlined?
    Our data was right in line with the advertised proc rate (as we expected), I am at a loss to explain yours. Does anyone else have any to give? Really not sure I want to start tallying again…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless I don’t know how you usually record data. All I do is play a battle and count the number of times me and the AI got knocked versus how many the pig activated to give me or the AI the advantage for particular birds. Maybe I’m just unlucky but the processes definitely happen more on the AI side than mine.
    As an example, you might remember that other thread where people complain about the game not giving the players a chance to complete an objective. Today, I got an objective of Knock 3 birds with 1 attack. I had to fight 10 battles with Resurrection where every time it triggered against my attack (usually I reduce the health down as much as possible without knocking them and then use the Rage Chili on Bomb). EVERY SINGLE TIME. Then I found some opponents that had other Emblems and only then was I able to complete that objective.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The description for the 1.4.2 update mentions new objectives for the Arena…
    Wondering what that could be?

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@smwforever4 I think one of them is “win 5 battles with Lightning.” And another I saw this week I had never had before was “win 5 battles with Stone Guard and Princess.”

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jamairoqui
    Yeah I had that Stone Guard objective already, too! Another one I can’t clear. :(

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@smwforever4 Use Witch, curse the banner, and then Stone Guard deals a lot of damage with each strike. And since it’s harder to kill Red, it can work out pretty well. Might work even better if you hit the banner with Marksmen or Thunderbird before cursing it. However, that strategy won’t work if you face a Manna set equipped team, or Treasure Hunter buffs the enemy banner (in the latter case, having Tricksters or Captain available is worth it).

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@pointless
    Assuming you are doing your hypothesis test the normal way you are still dealing with a confidence level so even though some samples (yours and bubbleys) proves the theory, five percent of all possible samples will discard the theory…
    Other than that, no I cannot see any explanations for datguygamers result.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jamairoqui
    1. I don’t have Witch yet,
    2. Even if I had, for the objective you need Princess not Witch.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

Oh yeah. I must have used Thunderbird then. Somehow I increased the damage that SG dealt. Sorry about that.

They ought to let you choose which upgrade you want for these events. So that if you missed out on Witch the first time through, you could play for it again. Like the one coming up. Upgraded Mage. woohoo.

Pointless
    @pointless

@napoleongl that is the common way, yes. My point is that if you take both sets of data from datguygamer(procs for and against), each one separately is deviant, based on my own (and bubbley’s) results.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jamairoqui
    At least Elite Mage will be more useful than normal and Arch-Mage. Since his health increases, the damage from the shield will increase, too. Not a big bonus but better than Elite Knight.
    Plus, unlike the Premium classes you can’t buy the Elite upgrades (yet). I’d love to play all the events I missed again – Stone Guard, Illusionist and Witch is what I’m missing. Plus Skulkers, Thunderbird and Sea Dog as the “old” Premium classes.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@smwforever45 I don’t think Sea Dog, Skulkers, or Thunderbird were ever event rewards. I vaguely remember saving up LCs to buy them, especially Sea Dog. And suffering in the Arena all the while because I would be doing great in a league, and then the “use Sea Dog to win 5 battles” would come up.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jamairoqui
    I know they’ve never been event classes. I just said I don’t have these three classes yet.

angryde
    @angryde

@jamairoqui You’ve just described my arena experience :-D I still don’t have any of the LC purchasable classes. It makes advancing in the arena quite challenging. Lol.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@smwforever45 My apologies. I didn’t mean to offend.

@angryde
    Ouch. When I saw the Seadog objective come up I would *know* I would be going to be doing some grinding just to stay even.

Daniel Jardim
    @daniel-jardim

I didn’t understand the challenge today, First time I see it. how do you knock 3 birds every turn? how to complete challenge.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@daniel-jardim
    About that objective, I cleared it using a combo of Archmage (you can just use Mage), Spies and Berserker Bomb with Angry Set and Thorn Wall. Basically I used the other birds to get the opponents’ health as low as possible without killing them and then use the Rage Chili on Bomb. That did the trick for me. Basically I used the same trick I use for “Kill 3 birds with 1 attack” as when you use the Rage Chili on Bomb and knock every single one of the opponent, it counts as a single turn. Hope this helps you. Ignore the banner and attack the birds. However, if they have Resurrection, then it will be a tough call. I had to fight almost 20 battles before I completed the objective (as my opponent got Resurrected most of the time). Just to note that it is possible.
    Angry Bird: Epic Arena objective (Round 2)

angryde
    @angryde

@jamairoqui Yep, that’s still my life… trying to keep pace in the arena while missing all of the LC purchasable classes as well as ‘Treasure Hunters’ is certainly a challenge. But, somehow, I’ve managed to reach diamond every single season. The sense of dread I experience while waiting for the arena – and, thus, the daily objectives – to load is… genuinely awful. One bad objective – on the wrong board – and that’s well and truly ‘IT’ for the week. Game over! AND I use ‘Venomous.’ ROFL. Masochist!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 551 through 575 (of 718 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.