Arena Season 6

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

• New season starts today! Everybody back at Wood.

I’m thinking it’s going to be kinda ugly. Closing out in Diamond last week, I saw a *LOT* more Valiant and Sets after the 5x Rainbow Riot. This new season, we should see noticeably higher ratings across the board.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 718 total)
  • Replies
  • Pointless
    @pointless

Hopefully most of us (including ones like me who have and use Valiant) have had enough time to develop anti-Valiant strategies by now.
    Good luck to all in Season 6…unless you are in my bracket, of course.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Right now, my anti-Valiant strategy consists of the following:
    1. Bring Valiant TJ Power Team loaded for bear
    2. Win the coin toss
    3. Hammer the Banner.

That’s it. I’m not sure there’s a better anti-Valiant strategy than simply racing the opponent.

Pointless
    @pointless

@graugeist there are tweaks to that strategy that will almost guarantee 3-stars as well as being virtually unbeatable. I have yet to lose with my current lineup, and while no big secret, don’t really want to post details here. PM me if you’d like info

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

I shall like to know for what we play now. What will be the next trophy ?

Is it necessary to be in league of Diamond the last week to obtain the trophy diamond? Or just have reached it during the season ?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Sure, sure. Regardless, you need to have a strong team and Valiant yourself, or you’re at a severe disadvantage.

Miii
    @miii

There will be no Season 6 for me, after 5 Diamond finishes in the previous Seasons ( I have all the Birds at 50/12 except TH which is at 50/4 ), the introduction of Valiant & the Shards has killed the game for me. The game has been handed over to the people with an endless supply of LC’s, however acquired. I’m sick of seeing the Valiant set already and can see it making more people cheat to avoid the endless trips to Piggy McCool, who has the hours to spend trying to find someone they might be able beat? I hope it doesn’t get too boring ( or expensive ) for you Guys that continue playing, have fun.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@miii – I will simply note that it is possible to compete without cheating or buying vast quantities of LCs. I was lucky enough to spin up a Valiant Set, and have been done OK managing my shards and LCs. If I can just spin up another weapon, I can probably compete evenly against the 1400+ Valiant teams. Had I not made a few of mistakes with the shards and equipment, I’d probably be there already. Right now, the game doesn’t really tolerate mistakes very lightly, but it is definitely doable as a F2P.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@miii I play with a blazing eye I don’t cheat. I don’t have an endless supply of LC. It is possible to beat valiant. Your statement is offensive.

Miii
    @miii

My team is at 1464 and I can usually deal with Valiant team’s up to 1450 but all I seem to see Valiant teams at high 1500’s and it’s got very boring. What gets to me the fact that a LOT of people seem to have all the latest kit and maxed out within hours of it being available, I’m already seeing Treasure Hunters on 12 and it’s ruined the game.

Miii
    @miii

I’m not saying everyone cheats, I don’t cheat either but Valiant has ruined the game for me.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@miii for goodness sake throughout every change in this game within minutes there are those who have it all. It’s the nature of the beast. As for TH just fight. It is useless in the Arena unless you play with a venomous team.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@bubbley I was against TH (level 2 or 3) with my venomous team a few days ago and won easily. Low mastery level TH creates no threat.

Pointless
    @pointless

I don’t think low Mastery TH are the problem. I have yet to see any but M12, and think this class could be very problematic for Venomous teams. But given AI, who knows if this class would be used effectively against such opposition.

dillo
    @dillo

We need Valiant to change not because it’s unbeatable but because it is boring.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@suikyo I don’t consider TH a threat at any mastery level. I have defeated a good dozen 50/12. I think it is only useful against a venomous team which I don’t use.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Same. I’m seeing TH in Arena, and it’s just not effective against a Power Team.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

So, and the next trophy ? What do you think ?

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@dillo
    That is my feeling too. Just like the blessed venom teams were a few months ago. Incredibly boring to play against.
    My best strategy to is to avoid valiant all toghether by simply not equipping myself with it. Went back to the slightly weaker blessed set a few weeks ago and only see sporadic valiant opponents.
    Edit: chucks new weapon is actually rather useful against variants but way more useful against others since you have more chances for the set effect to trigger. Reds new weapon on the other hand is about the most useless piece I’ve seen in the game.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@napoleongl

Reds new weapon on the other hand is about the most useless piece I’ve seen in the game.

Oh, really? What about Bomb’s Golden set? Have you ever seen Yin-Yang in the Arena? :D

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@graugeist
    Hahaha well… The golden set atleast has some use in SRC in tjat it gives some ten pct extra snouts and so is yinyang in that it dispells kingpig if you don’t need to rank up a dispeller. Yinyang can be substituted for the heavenly set though.
    Reds new set though is so far from dragon breath in terms of dealing useful damage that I would only bring it if I accidentally scrapped all other sets.

Pointless
    @pointless

@napoleongl I would certainly argue that Banner Breaker is generally more useful in Arena than either Grand Slam or Protector’s Aura. Have you seen the damage that can mete out with a crit proc?

Lol…and careful @graugeist you are going to upset @bubbley with those disparaging remarks about Yin-Yang…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@pointless @bubbley is a corner case; I hardly ever see Matty to begin with, and when she is there, it’s usually Sweet. :D

Banner Breaker is clearly an Arena-only set, and it’s not a terrible choice if your objectives require you to “Win with Red”. Assuming you don’t have Dragon of comparable level. Banner Breaker is clearly better than Finisher, that’s for sure. I would take Banner Breaker over Finisher every time.

dillo
    @dillo

Yin yang plus burning banner can equal some serious hot chili action…PG rated action but still, can trigger chili time in 5 hits or less (usually takes 10).

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@pointless
    Protector is actually a good damage reducer especially with guardian and a vigor banner. Grand slam with death matty and frozen banner is not the worst valiant counter there is either.

@graugeist
    now I rest my case. Finisher is of less use in the arena yes and a beefed up sea dog is almost as good at killing of bosses as finisher!

Anonymous

@graugeist @pointless @napoleongl I agree. Personally I find BB to be a powerhouse in the arena. My main team for this set is Samurai with BB, Wizard with Twin Lightning, Marksman with Ballista and the Mighty Banner with Resilience.

With Volley on the banner combined with BB I usually do about 3000 damage to the banner with one hit from Samurai. Very powerful against Valiant. Also helps with all the chains and crits from the Mighty Set.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 6

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 718 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.