Arena Season 5

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 5

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 290 total)
  • Replies
  • GeMek
    @gemek

Another day down the line. 2 objectives completed, finishing today with 20095 points (place #2). Place #3 finishes with 18k and places #4 and #5 (with 15520 and 13620 respecively) try to join the battle for promotion. I doubt they’ll make it though (It is even possible that the guy yesterday on place #3 just gave up and landed on place #5 because place #5 has the same exact number of points #3 had yesterday, anyway 2 ppl joined the battle, so I have to b moar careful.). Bmwman as usual – out of reach (38130 points), however place #6 has 5920 points, which means most likely noone else will try to promote.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

Made it to Diamond! Pushed hard this week and got 3rd. Less than 1k from 2nd before I lost 3 and the top spot was taken by a cheater. Was worried another cheater would swoop in at the last second to knock me out but thankfully it didn’t happen. :)

Now to coast until *5 on the GPAM and see if I can get my hands on a valiant set.

Edit: Typos

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I made Diamond also. My new board has six players with the name: GT-R. Odd!

Just played someone called Katrina who used Cupcake trap. I was obliged to attack with Red when I did he vanished from the game. I had only bomb and chuck to play with. Bug?

angryde
    @angryde

I did NOT make it to diamond. Lol. Drat! I missed 2x LC purchasable class objectives… so, no chance whatsoever! Better luck this week!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Diamond as well, holding a 5+k lead over 3rd.

Last week, I was fighting GT-R a *lot*, so maybe there’s an army of clones?

The required class things can be mean when they require you to win with a garbage bird.

I got some really unlucky fights not getting Resurrection against opponents with way too many extra Time Jumps. Good thing I just need to finish 12th or better to stay in Diamond…

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@graugeist so GT-R exists? Or do they? Well I have 6 of them. I am playing as normal. I have been reassigned boards mid week before so I tend not to believe what I see.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@graugeist I have seen an objective which requires me to use Paladin 5 times :)

GeMek
    @gemek

Made it to platinum! I’m alone in the leaderbord right now, waiting to get pushed in somewhere there.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

This game was driving me crazy!!!!! I deleted the game a week ago.

Pointless
    @pointless

Seems like for every win 5 with a useful class (I have had Paladin and Wizard once each) there is many times more the more problematic win 5 with Cleric & Thunderbird and now my new favourite, Stone Guard & Princess. Don’t get me wrong, both doable, just have to be a bit more selective on opponents, which for me at least kind of defeats the purpose. Do any of you actually have these classes as part of a go to team? I understand that part of the challenge is to be out of one’s comfort zone, but really, the classes are far from equal. Besides the LC needed to buy some of these, the time/resources needed to upgrade these secondary (tertiary in some cases) is crazy. Just for stupid people like me, I guess :)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I still have the easiest board I have ever had. 6 clones and a couple not playing. One idiot still thinks there are cheats on the board.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless I regularly meet a player who use Stoneguard and Princess I forget what the the other bird is. I love meeting him, it’s one easy win.

I would hate that objective myself.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Call me naive but the guy banging on about cheating was indicating he was about to cheat. Gave himself 100,000,209 points. I was just about to take a screen shot to send to Rovio when his score became 0 before my eyes. He is still listed in first place but with 0 and heading down to Platinum.

Well done Rovio!

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley I wonder if you met a player’s team dealing with the Stone Guard/Princess objective. Teams can be populated by the game like this, as I have played your team three times that I remember, and once you had Cleric & Thunderbird, which I know from the other battles and what has been said here, is definitely not your everyday team

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless I wondered that myself but I meet him so often and always have. I think the introduction Stoneguard/Princess is recent, but I didn’t play season 4 so can’t be sure.

As for me Thunderbird/Cleric is not my grinding team. For a long time it was Paladin/Captain/Skulkers but since I rolled a vengeance emblem and the arrival of the Mana set I use Wizard instead of Skulkers. However I frequently use Thunderbird/Cleric for a non Poisonous team using Time jump. I am not surprised that you have met me using it. Although it’s use will diminish because my honey pot is level 47 and with the new set up that pair will be vulnerable.

Anonymous

Now my leaderboard is pretty dead. Only 8 players to have points, the rest 7 will be sent in previous league :P. I have a pretty high chance to go to the next league.

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley I am very aware of your team…Paladin (db), Wizard (man) & Cap’n (sc), all nicely decked out. Why do you think I borrow them so much :)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless I like to keep them smart! I am currently saving to buy something for my Blues.

Pointless
    @pointless

Also made it to diamond, which was obviously the ultimate goal, but surprisingly am currently first by a few thousand on my board. I say this as I am only completing the daily objectives and playing a little extra to try and perfect my three star anti-Valiant Set strategy (which I faced ten times in a row yesterday). I know many stop really trying once diamond is reached, but my whole board is active.
    Out of curiosity, does anyone have the Valiant Set? I am curious how a head to head battle between these same sets would be, as the battles can be crazy when I’m facing that set with my Blessed Set. Am seriously considering spending some LCs to acquire and upgrade that set when the 5x comes around again…

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

I made it to Diamond last week, and I had two dead boards so far these weeks.
    Both last week and this week, there are 5 active players only and I’m in top3 just completing the daily objectives… this never happened to me before and I’m playing since Season1.
    I guess people are getting tired of this game and they’re quitting… my friendlist is almost empty nowadays, I only have 7-8 active friends currently playing, everyone else quit either before level 50 was introduced or before the start of this Arena Season.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@ryogokusama when most of your “friends” do not play, it is time to update your friend list. I just did it in December.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@pointless I’m only at Platinum and haven’t encountered nearly as many Valiant Set opponents as you, but I will be in Diamond next week. Have you considered that a good strategy against the Valiant set might be to concentrate more on taking the banner out than always trying to knock the enemy birds out?

Most people like to use Marksmen, Samurai and Cannoneer for the objective that requires you to take out the banner without knocking out any enemy birds or not using rage chili. That team works well unless your opponent is using the mana set. However it is nearly impossible to 3 star a battle without knocking out a bird using that team. I’ve discovered that I can 3 star a battle without knocking out any birds by using Samurai, Marksmen and Rainbird with the Blessed Set

I’m almost afraid to post this because in the past when I’ve posted things like this Rovio nerfed a lot of items. Another team that is very effective at concentrating on the enemy banner without knocking out any birds is Marksmen, Samurai and Priestess combined with the Blessed set. The Marksmen’s Volley adds a huge amount of damage and the Preistess’ Angelic Touch let’s your birds heal themselves almost as fast as casting Matilda’s Medicine every round. The extra 75% healing from the Blessed set is the key. Of course equipping with other items like Protector’s Aura, Sweet! and Save Me help a lot too. Even with rank zero items your Samurai will heal himself over 3000 every round.

Anonymous

@pointless @killerkea
    I’m not on you guys’ level yet, but I’ve had plenty of success with witch/avenger/tricksters when avoiding knocking out birds. Avenger keeps your birds alive by using his spell on your banner, witch to heal your banner, and tricksters for everything else (artillery set is very helpful for speeding up the banner ko). If your opponent uses a lot of splash damage, that can be problematic, but since the AI is dumb, it doesn’t use this advantage to ko your banner when it has the chance. Mana sets are a problem, of course. And weakness emblems.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Can someone tell me how I unlock Marksmen please. I have an empty space for him but don’t know how to find him?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@suzyq If it has not been changed from when I got the class it should be behind a friendship gate in the Bamboo Forrest.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 5

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.