Arena Season 5

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 5

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 290 total)
  • Replies
  • mich
    @m-ich

@poptimus
    Sorry to hear that. I’m in 1st with 15k on Diamond – it really helps to start the arena week on Tuesday instead of Sunday – all the competitive players are already gone by then. As a bonus, I already received 8 Shards instead of 5 from the Platinum wheel, because I spun after the update.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@killerkea wrote up how Banner Breaker works. Figured I’d copy what they wrote in case anyone following this thread was interested:

I haven’t seen anyone post how the banner breaker set works yet so I will. The banner breaker does indeed do 100% damage to the banner not 100 damage. The 100% is determined by Red’s attack rating. If all your Red classes are the same rank, then the banner breaker will do the same damage no matter which class you choose since they all have the same attack rating. For example, if your samurai has an attack rating of 1000, he deals 3 x 500 damage and the bonus when it kicks in will be 1000 damage to the banner. This much I can confirm since I fought an opponent with a samurai using the set and let only the samurai live. He did 3 x 667 damage to my bird and 1334 damage to my banner.

I believe the bonus can only be applied once even if Red gets 2 or 3 attacks. Of course you can get the bonus more than once per round if you have something like the time jump emblem or use Chuck’s speed of light attack.

Jim151
    @jim151

Man, screw you guys! I’m in 6th with 40k in my first Diamond experience.

I have only 2 other people competing in my Diamond league this week. I’m in first with 45K. Second has 17K, 3rd 5800. Everyone else at 0. In 5 seasons of playing the arena, I have never seen that. I will cruise to first in Diamond for the first time ever.

Anonymous

@jim151
    I’m in 5th with 68k right now. 1st has over 100k, and the entire top 10 is over 60k. Hope my next week is at least closer to in between your current group and mine! Oy…

Anonymous

Whoa! And now with 15 minutes to go I’m in 3rd! Guess My group had some cheaters?!

Jim151
    @jim151

Well, I finished first in Diamond for the first time ever, and got my final achievement (except for the broken “Finish first in any league), and got the 10 shards, though it cost me 50 FE. This week’s lineup for me is quite different. I’m currently in 8th place, and even getting my last objective for today would still leave me in 8th. I have to win one more battle without using the rage chili, and I’ve skipped about 15 battles in a row featuring 1450+ power teams, which I cannot beat not using the chili. I might be done with the arena.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

3rd place got me 10 shards for 10 FE, despite some difficult objectives. With the way Arena is going, I’ll keep grinding in Diamond, but I’m not sure it’ll be worth it next season.

Suzy
    @suzyq

I’m in Silver but they are only giving 4 shards :(

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I’m assuming shard rewards are like this:
    10 Diamond
    8 Plat
    6 Gold
    4 Silver
    2 Stone
    0 Wood

Want to spin more shards? Rank up to Diamond with the big kids!

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

I really hope there’s a big overhaul with Arena once this season finishes, because with the next 5X roll coming on the last week of Season 5. I don’t want to have consecutive matches vs Sir “you-know-who”…..

Pointless
    @pointless

I think @mvnla2 said that Wood League had a possible 1 Shard reward…not much, but the carrot in front of the horse, so to speak

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

So if you were to start a Season on week 1 and reach Diamond as soon as possible you’d get
    Week 1: Wood – 1
    Week 2: Stone – 2
    Week 3: Silver – 4
    Week 4: Gold – 6
    Week 5: Platinum – 8
    21 Shards before getting to Diamond and then 7 weeks of Diamond (10/week) for 91 Shards. Add in the 2/week for 12 weeks (24) from the calendar = 115 Shards over the course of a season… enough to fully enchant 2 items.

You’ll probably make 300some LCs in those 12 weeks which will give you enough to enchant 2 more items… maybe a 3rd one which would total 5. This is provided you don’t want to roll on the GPM for any of the 3 new sets that got release during the season.

Wish there was another way to farm enchanting shards :P

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@vinnieb00 I’m hopeful that since Season 5 is ending at around the same time Blues get their 6th class and we just had an invasion event showcasing all the big bad guys we saw over the previous year+ that this would be the perfect time for Rovio to unload something completely new for the game, breathe some life into it. New island/expansion/pvp arena – Something.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

If Rovio really wanted to breathe new life into the game, they’d rebalance all of the banners and weapons, along with the enchantment bonus. Change the percentage chance on things.

Disable any effects when the source is stunned / KO’d in arena. So, if you stun Valiant, the timer is at 3, not 2. Mana set doesn’t work if Chuck is down or stunned. And so on. That would be a huge shakeup in the game, and open up some alternative strategies, particularly for the passive effects.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

I have an idea to breathe new life into the game. FIX ALL THE FREEZES IN THE ARENA! There are old freezes and new freezes. I think the new blues set used by the opponent caused one today. Sometimes they happen with one team dead but today they had the blues, it was their turn and all 3 of them just stood there and looked at me. My last 5 complaints to Rovio were about freezes and they want you to write a novel about the teams and who did what before the freeze. They have become very stingy with free LCs and want a play by play on the battle. In the past I have sent details of both banners and both teams to help them and then they may send 20 LC. The freezes are coming more often since the last update. I’m losing interest in helping them isolate their bugs. I really think that don’t give a crap about fixing the bugs as long as the money keeps coming in.

Jim151
    @jim151

Strange start to this week’s arena. I barely held onto Diamond, in 12th place, due mostly to avoiding 9 of every 10 battles with teams of 1450+ power and valiant set. I just started this week, and my first 12 battles so far are against woefully outmatched opponents, with power rankings of 600-800 and few if any matched set items. I didn’t see more than 2-3 such teams all last week.

Oh, and the theory of the coin flip being determined by power difference? I’m 12 for 12 so far.

Jim151
    @jim151

OK, 50 battles so far. 48 of them have been against teams ranked 850 power and below (the other 2 were normal Diamond level teams: 1300+ power with a full suite of set items.) Of the 48, I won the coin toss 41 of 48 times.

Downside is, everyone in my league appear to have the same situation. I’m in first at over 13,000, but 3 people are within 1,000 of me.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

This week in Diamond, only 5 even have scores, and 2nd is more than 5.5k back. Nice!

slav3r
    @slav3r

duh, sorry. didnt mean to spoil this advantage. edited my post.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@slav3r Please do not post that so openly in the forum. We have experience that beneficial “bugs” like that in Epic that are posted here doesn’t take long before Rovio patches them up.

I just wish that they would be as quick to patch the non-beneficial bugs that also gets posted here :-/

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Hi, do u have the same strange thing in arena like me? I am in Diamond League. What is your experience in all leagues? Is this graphic bug only? Or does it mean “nothing” to win :)? http://i.nahraj.to/f/1lG7.jpg

dillo
    @dillo

#3 in my league (Diamond) but no one too aggressive (top spot only has a 6000 point advantage, second spot only a 1500 point lead over me). I don’t care about #1 in Diamond league so much as in the lower ones since only the top 3 advance in the lower leagues but the top 12 stay in Diamond. I’ve been #1 twice in Diamond league last season, may be #1 next week once the season 5 ends.

Should have waited a day to get a real easy league but I don’t mind the competition (just a game and all, already have nearly maxed out birds and sets, even have three sets for Chuck that are max enchanted…been playing too long I guess!)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@jim151 – I just had a very similar run against where the Arena was sending these <800 teams into my Valiant / TJ power team buzzsaw, not that I needed it to ensure a strong finish, and not that I was too proud to avoid take it to pad my lead as #1… :D

BTW, I just saw your team @ 1256 – you don’t use Set Banners pieces?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Currently in the Wood League as I purposefully demoted myself from Silver League.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 5

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.