Arena season 13

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena season 13

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • Replies
  • DD
    @toolow

@coachmp Or old age pensioners etc.

@p2win

I feel your pain. Occasionally, when I managed to find time, the high score is possible. For example, I spent way too many hours the past 2 days when mayhem is on going, and I managed to clawed my way to 110k. But I don’t, and can’t, do it every day, so 149k is not really out of bounds. Nevertheless, it is a crazy situation. (There were obvious cheating in the past but those people I saw in the arena are just grinding now.)

For many weeks / months now, I regularly found super grinders once I got to maximum level and mastery, almost every week. It was annoyingly difficult to promote to the next league, and even sometimes hanging onto the current one.

I get that R wants us to spend time on the game but this is ridiculous. I would go as far as calling this untenable and unethical. But they’re actively encouraging and promoting it with 1st place prizes and larger league tables. But if enough of us keep supporting it, they have no incentive to stop making it even worse.

Anonymous

Here’s what I don’t get: If you’re able to grind that much, you obviously have to have most/all of the highest level gear, fully enchanted, and probably most/all of the elite/all-star/challenger class upgrades. Without having all that, it simply takes too long to complete battles, so you would never get a point total that high. But, once you’ve got all that stuff, what are you still playing for? Do people really care about getting the diamond trophy and frame at the end of each season?

I play the arena primarily to get shards. If I find myself in a league where it seems possible to win, because nobody else is grinding, then I’ll do enough to win myself and get some Lucky Coins too. Now that they’ve added the season-long rewards for getting 50,000 / 200,000 / 400,000 points, I’m interested in getting those rewards too, but you don’t have to grind at all for that; you can get 400,000 simply by completing the daily objectives every day. What else is there?

DD
    @toolow

@poptimus

I don’t have most of the highest level gear (items), non of them are fully enchanted, and I’ve only got just 1 all-star and 1 challenger class. Luckily, the battles are still manageable most of the time for me. Nevertheless, I get your point of pointless endeavor.

Totally agree on your approach to the arena. Sadly, winning first place in arena is impossible nowadays without grinding once you reach maximum level, except for wood league occasionally. For those of us still grinding, the major liberating achievement is letting go of promotion, or the arena altogether.

*Let it go, let it go…*

Anonymous

@toolow

Fair enough! So it’s really just a question of how much time a person is willing to put in, regardless of gear. I suppose that makes some sense, since the game has always controlled for a players power level when selecting opponents.

I just remember, for the brief period of time when I had maxed out stuff (it was for a few weeks before the level cap increased from 60 to 70), it was WAY easier to win battles when the strongest opponents I faced had gear that was equally as strong as mine, rather than how it usually is for most of us (meaning that our opponents usually have a power rating 15%ish higher than our own).

For what it’s worth, to anyone who really wants to focus on winning a week, you could always let yourself get demoted one week. Chances are you’ll be able to win the lower league relatively easily the following week. Is it worth doing for 10 or 15 LCs and a few extra shards? Probably not… (And it probably wouldn’t work to try this in higher level leagues, where the LC rewards for winning are higher, but where even getting demoted places you in a gold or silver league populated by grinders who made it up from the lower leagues.)

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

My arena has been calculating for 3 weeks.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@poptimus To answer your question “Do people really care about getting the diamond trophy and frame at the end of each season?”

Sadly, yes. I did. I have 11 shiny, diamond trophies in my case. Though, the 11th was given by mistake as I did not ascend to the diamond league that season. It was habit and OCD ;)

But then I was getting worked up about it, so I did what @toolow said and ‘let it go.’

And yes, it was liberating. It felt weird at first but then it felt sooooo good!

I’ve recently dipped my toes back into Epic. They lured me with their Halloween-y things. I’m such a sucker.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

@metztli013

Seems like you like The movie as your profile picture says.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@quickgaming I actually did enjoy the movie. I got a few chuckles out of it. But, I snagged my profile pic from Angry Birds Evolution. =)

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

@metztli013

Epic is almost as good as dead.

Anonymous

@metztli013
    Ha! Well fair enough. I’ve got a bit of the collector mentality too, but not nearly as much as some, apparently.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

@poptimus

Play any other Robin games

Anonymous

@quickgaming

Transformers too, but otherwise no

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

Today I played a match in Arena Stone League against a player with two Challenger Team Members (Red and Bomb).

Is it possible, so quickly? I’m at ~170.000 points (0 challengers acquired) but I’m sure that many heavy grinders there, should have collected more than 200.000 at least a week ago with the subsequent Challenger upgrade.

…but TWO of them?
    how Can It Be possible?
    400.000 points will unlock another additional class?

;)
    @winkwink

The Challenger class I got for Chuck isn’t any better than the elite class. Seems only useful for serious collectors at this point. At least the loading times have improved with the update…

Seb
    @sebth

@maxxmatt

It seems that we are in the same league this week

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@sebth
    yep! It is the first time, for me, to recognize a well known AngryBirdsNest player here playing Arena. And a stable good “First place” grinder, too. ;-) Good luck!

I’m a curious man: may you save the screenshots of the summary pre-game statistics of my team (probably randomnly assembled by Rovio A.I.) when facing yours? Thanks

Actually, I’m trying to scale up a little bit my tournament placement but I’m not sure I will bè able to be promoted to Gold soon this week.

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

I’m in the same league with @poptimus this week, and he’s ruining everything!

Anonymous

@dahnlor

Hahahaha! Sorry not sorry!

I usually try to coast most weeks, but by the time Monday evening rolled around, and it didn’t seem like anyone was really trying, I figured it was a good week to get after it. This Nadia person is pesky though.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@sebth
    You are fierly ahead since the beginning and I’m not sure to be able to fill the gap (10k points) between me and the top3.

I’m very very very curious on numbers. I’m facing only teams with more than 7000 strength points. They are beatable ( because they are all’ poorly played by A.I.) but It tooks to me more than 5 minutes each game in order to win a single match. The shorter the game, the easier is the grinding and the goal of scale up to the top3. Avtually, I need more than 20 games to gather 1000 points (on average, silver arena). I will Need 200 games to fill the gap, but your winning speed rate is FAR quicker than mine. How much are you playing, on a daily basis? How are your games compared to mine? Thanks

Seb
    @sebth

@maxxmatt

Except today, I only played to reach 8000 points per day. 5500 from the objectives and  the rest with battles.

The birds I used are 80 but my banner is not very strong. Power 2701 (the one is very very important ;-)). It’s possible to do more than 20K of damage each turn, so after attacking the banner 2-3 times, the battle is close to be over.

There are also some cases not handled by the game, that you can use in your own advantage.

MarquelMcGhee
    @marquel-letory-mcghee

Question,

How is it possible that after completing every single daily challenge this week, and playing many more matches after completing the challenges, that I have half as many points as the person in first place, and am in danger of being demoted to a lower league?  I’m 21st out of 25, and about to go back to the silver league after this week, because I can barely stay out of the bottom.  This is totally unfair!  Does this happen often?

Anonymous

@marquel-letory-mcghee

How many points have you accumulated so far this week?

MarquelMcGhee
    @marquel-letory-mcghee

@poptimus

After completing today’s objectives, I have 31,835 points.  I’m in 18th place at the moment, finally up from 21, but still two away from getting demoted.  The high score on the list is 59,785.  The top 6 are at 50,000 or above.  7-12 are all 40,000 or above.  The person above me at # 17 is at 32,930.

I’ve just never been this far behind after doing ALL the daily objectives, and light grinding.  As I said originally, I’m not mad when I don’t advance, because I know there are other players that simply grind more than me.  But I’m usually in the top 10.  Until today, I was in the bottom three all week.

Anonymous

@marquel-letory-mcghee

So you’re grinding about 1000 points per day in addition to completing the objectives. In Gold league, that’s roughly 12 battles per day without re-spins, or eight battles per day with re-spins. Does that sound about right?

If the top dog on your board is using Friendship Essence to re-spin their reward wheel until they get at least 125 for every three-star effort they achieve (which is how I do it in weeks when I’m trying to win or get top three), that means they’re playing about 70 – 75 battles per day. It’s a lot, to be sure, but far from impossible. At five minutes per battle, that works out to about six hours per day. But chances are they’re taking way less than five minutes per battle.

If a player has M80 birds with L80/E10 gear, I could see it being pretty easy to finish battles in three minutes at the longest, and sometimes as quickly as 1:30 or so, depending on coin flip, proc rates, etc. Back when the level cap was still 60, I briefly had fully enchanted gear, and arena battles were VERY easy, since my team’s “power level” matched my opponents’. It got to the point where I was getting bored with how easy it was, so I started using a random number generator to decide which classes and weapon sets to use, just to give myself a bit of a challenge! That’s probably the type of player that populates the top spots in Gold league during Week 6.

For what it’s worth, now that there’s a significant reward for winning an arena week leaderboard, I’ve actually tanked a week or two here and there on purpose, so I’d get an easy board the next week and win some shards and Lucky Coins. Getting demoted to Silver might not be such a bad thing.   =-]

MarquelMcGhee
    @marquel-letory-mcghee

@poptimus

Does the friendship wheel still exist for arena battles?  I haven’t seen it for weeks. That for sure would help,  but I thought Rovio got rid of it.

I am level 80, but my gear I don’t think is that great. Today I took around 6-7 minutes to fight some battles.   So clearly I’ve got work to do.

Plus,  I’ve got a job am family,  so I don’t have 6 hours a day to play this.  😁

P.S., what’s with players who have really low banner health but ridiculously strong birds?  Like only 5000 health,  but an elite red bird with like 4000 attack points and 10000 hp And two other really strong birds.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena season 13

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.