Arena Season 11

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 540 total)
  • Replies
  • Suzy
    @suzyq

@toolow

I finally made it out of Gold last week after a 4 week stay. Whilst I had to work hard for my place I was lucky and got a normal board.

This week I’ve no chance. MEO, who is a known cheater is in 1st place. Day 1 their score was 30325, Day 2 73025. This morning their score is already 96855, and there is still 14 hours to go. 2nd place is at 51k and 3rd 49k. The rest of the board is playing normally.

I noticed someone had been labelled cheater overnight. Whilst they may be a cheater, I have a feeling that they aren’t. I think it more likely that it was someone trying to escape the bottom 5 by grinding.

Yes, it is now painful for the reasons you gave, plus the season is now 2 weeks shorter so even less chance of making it to Diamond. By implementing those new changes a lot of people have lost motivation to play.

Personally, I don’t care about winning the chest it’s not important, just a bonus.

I’ve also noticed on most my boards since the changes that people are only playing for a couple of days. Are they just doing this just to stay in the game so they can still use the Arena Golden Pig?

DD
    @toolow

@suzyq

Glad that you made it out of Gold.

People probably play only a few days for a variety of reasons. Score just enough to stay on the league and get the loot, opportunistic shot at landing on an easier going board etc. But you can use the AGPM regardless if you actually play the arena.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@suzyq glad you made it.

I joined today. Still dogged by cheats. Last week ULLAMACDULLA was in my league and was demoted. Yet here he is again. I am actually relieved that I am just finishing the season and then I’m done except for collecting the other 3 hats. There is no joy. Since most of theses cheats can insert themselves into any league they please why stay in Gold? Makes no sense unless they are in several leagues just hedging their bets.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bubbley

Thank you. I’m seeing people who were in the bottom 5 stay in the same league or even get promoted fairly often now. I used to report it but now I just can’t be bothered. Last week someone who was in the bottom 5 in Gold is now in Platinum with me this week!

Like you, I find no joy in playing in the Arena any more as there is more wrong things happening then right ones.

Whilst I too will be leaving the Arena at the end of the season I want to collect the remaining hats. I play Epic as a hobby so also want to raise my birds mastery. Maybe, in a few months time I’d like to think the Arena will improve and I will start playing again, but sadly I don’t think that’s going to happen.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@toolow

This morning I said that someone had been labelled as a cheater overnight, but guess what. I just looked my board and saw they have taken the cheater label away. Must be an all time record.

DD
    @toolow

@suzyq

I wonder if Wednesday is the day of redemption. @kennymcc was mislabeled last week but has the cheater label taken off today. In any case, that was quick. If only they have restored @datguygamer’s data that soon. :(

Suzy
    @suzyq

@toolow

That’s good news about @kennymcc. It’s was very bad the way @datguygamer was treated. All the time and effort that he put in getting his collection together all to disappear just like that. I know it’s only a game, but I would have been mortified if that had happened to me. I think we all miss him ?

DD
    @toolow

@suzyq

Not quite good news for @kennymcc (44,850). He’s up against 1st place CR7 (126,680) and 2nd place Lion (60,120), with Fighter (43,400) and Кеша (42,810) not far behind. And @pointless unsuspectingly joined our board last night and promptly renamed his handle to “Ahhh..FFS”. XD BTW @pointless, welcome to our crazy board.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@toolow

Certainly is a crazy board. It did make me laugh when I saw the new name that @pointless had chosen, very apt.

Still, the good thing is that you at least you all reached Diamond and should stay there now until the end of the Season ?

On my board Meo – 120835, Forsaken – 88240, 8===3 – 66115. I’m expecting to finish 11th.

DD
    @toolow

@suzyq

Thanks. I do hope that you get a much more reasonable board next week, but I’m at a loss at suggestions for you to get there. All I can say is try joining at a later date (which mostly don’t work nowadays) or at different time of day 1. Practicality aside, there is, of course, a not so sporty way: create another 24 accounts with the same level and join in the arena at the same time.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@toolow

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve tried all of them in the past except the last one, sometimes they have worked, but not always. It’s just down to luck most of the time I guess as to who you get on your board.

Pointless
    @pointless

@toolow thanks…I am obviously SO glad to be joining the board with yourslef and @kennymcc wonderful…

@suzyq
    it is really a complete crapshoot, ans unless you follow some extreme suggestions, the thinning numbers playing Arena will give anyone a battle no matter when the week is joined.
    Perhaps we here should communicate about League and board, so others can have a chance to join a less competitive board.

;)
    @winkwink

@suzyq – You must be using a different name, ’cause I don’t see you on the board. It is indeed crazy with MEO now at 122,960, Forsaken at 98,855, and (the rude image) 8===3 at 68,020. Getting tired of both AB Epic and AB2 abruptly crashing when you continuously play more than a half an hour as well as video come-ons with ‘no ad scheduled’ displayed when clicked. I’m feeling the same weariness as everyone here, and feeling a bit foolish for wasting so much time on a game that has become so disappointing. With every new version, Rovio has decreased the playability…

Suzy
    @suzyq

@winkwink

I’ve just changed my name back, I was Shame on Cheaters.

Agreed, it is disappointing and can’t understand what Rovio is up to?

;)
    @winkwink

I think what strikes me now is the hours spent by serious grinders to reach scores of 160,000+ by the end of the week. If you are playing fair and using FE’s only now and then, 6000 per hour can be achieved in Platinum. Last week the top guys had 200,545 and 164,435 points – that’s equivalent to a full time work week of grinding! No damn phone game is worth that expenditure of time…

DD
    @toolow

@winkwink

I used to experience this crash in the past, and I suspected there’s memory leak which pushed past what the OS would allow the app to have. The only remedy is to restart the app every so often after continuous play, as Rovio kept insisting the cutting edge and sophisticated game demands large amount of memory that old hardware cannot handle, ignoring the fact that the iPad I used was the top of the line at the time.

Sadly, the GAAS (Game-As-A-Service) has changed to the point where you either settle for no top prize with normal play, or don’t play at all. Top prizes are reserved for cheaters (except me) or ultra grinders; grinders and super grinders need not apply.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@toolow @pointless
    Guys, it is nice to be on the same board together in some way :) But practically it is not that good if u see my point :) The strange thing it that we are together quite often or at least me and @toolow. Oh and BlackMax, I am with him on the same board last 6-7 weeks in a row. It seems that baord making system has some specific rules now. The question is if it is an intention or a bug :)

@datguygamer

What thresholds have u found in the arena cheat system? Can u remember it?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Hello there, long time no see. Well, to be honest, I don’t remember them. After they changed the thresholds in v2.0.1 which I noticed while I was searching for Enchantment Energy, I never went to look back for them in detail as that was the last time I had my progress and played the game.

Sorry, but I am completely useless to all of you now.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    Nevermind :) I just tried to ask :) Hope u have better fun with some other game :)

@all
    When I face opponent with Mythic Crono Crest emblem, almost all the time all 3 enemy birds gets extra attack from the emblem. That sounds quite fair, right :)?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kennymcc I find the same thing however I also have a Mythic Chrono which I have tried. I use it only if I can’t heal my birds. It certainly doesn’t proc anywhere near every turn for me. It’s hard to beat but I do with my line up which includes Mythic Res.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@bubbley
    All % are greatly higher for your opponents as I have found in the game! Try to notice some opponents specific % when playing arena :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Thanks but I still apologize for not being of any help to you. I feel bad that I couldn’t answer your question.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    No need to have such feelings. Thats all understandable, u r not in this game for some time.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Yeah, I am still salty over the fact that they screwed me over for a misunderstanding and my collection went to waste. I am never going to get over that fact. I will forever hold a grudge against them.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    Yeah that cannot be forgiven, especially when they confirmed that their acting against u was a mistake. It could be forgiven only if they offer really appropriate compensation. And Rovio does not make appropriate compensations as I know from my experience.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 540 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.