Arena Season 11

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 540 total)
  • Replies
  • ;)
    @winkwink

@toolow, this is what I just sent them. We’ll see if they respond…

Greetings all,

I was disappointed to see you mistakenly labeled DD a cheater while allowing jackbeam to get away with it. I have watched this player over the past couple months jump his scores with smaller, yet impossible increases to successfully avoid detection. DD has been a member of our Angrybirdsnest network for a long time and I believe he is clever, but not a cheat. Hope you can fix your cheat detect system and catch the real cheaters that continue unabated. Thank you for looking into this…

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer
    Thanks for the tips, but I already got the head gear (in the reverse order of my preference). Just emotionally drained as I’m close to finishing off the week on top in both event and arena.

That’s a pitiful offer from Rovio; that’s like one week’s worth of reward at best. But at least you got an email. If they are really serious, they should give you the max of stats, items and a healthy dose of resources, and make you a consultant on how to deal with cheats (preferably paid).

@bubbley

Thank you for your kind words. Believe me or not, they meant a lot to me in more ways than one. But I would refrain from accusing the Finns (although I know you don’t really mean it).

@winkwink

Many thanks sticking up for me. While I don’t have much hope of receiving any meaningful redress, I very much appreciate your help. I just hope they don’t go nuclear on my data…

@all
    Right now I’m emotionally drained. May be some minimal effort, catch up some sleep, and reconsider when I get some me time.

EDIT:
    And I thought PvZ was bad. It’s looking a lot more friendly compared to Epic now.

burbman
    @burbman

@toolow – Love your new in-game handle!  So far you are not showing up as a cheat in the friends event leaderboard, so if you need to know how many points you have accumulated drop me a line.  I currently am leading my own league by over 40k, so I will be slowing my play through the weekend, but keeping an eye out to make sure I keep that top spot.

;)
    @winkwink

@toolow, I received an unexpectedly rapid response from Rovio just hours after sending my note to them about you. Hope it helps…

Hello there,

and thank you for getting in touch with us.

The cheater detection system that was added in 1.5.2 is having some teething pains as there have been also some other honest players who have been unintentionally placed on cheater boards. We are currently manually removing cheaters mark from honest players accounts, however, due to the real cheaters wanting to take advantage of the whole process, we kindly ask for your patience. If you know some player that is affected by this issue, please instruct him to contact us and we will investigate his case and depend on that investigation either remove the cheater’s mark or not.

Best regards,

Stefan
    Rovio Support Team

DD
    @toolow

@burbman Thanks for the offer, and good luck securing that top spot.

@winkwink

That’s standard reply again. Last time I contacted support about the missing trophies after v2.1.0 update, they restored them and a few hours later, Stefan promptly reset my data. My second account data is gone but my main account data hasn’t been synced yet. I protested but received a stone cold reply that ALL tickets regarding my account will be ignored and closed. If I contact them again, they might just force reset my data instead.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@toolow @winkwink
    Thats kind of brutal acting from them. It is even worse when u know that they are wrong or they will later find out by themselves that they are wrong, like it was with @datguygamer. And they will offer u such ridiculous compensation – it looks like devil’s laughing to your shocked face.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow Well, whatever reward they offer me, it’s not gonna be anywhere as good as my deleted progress. And after I got that email, I never replied back as I don’t even have the game installed anymore.

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer What do they expect?

“Tiny violin’s playing, but no one’s listening.”

Pointless
    @pointless

@toolow pointless indeed…
    I am so mad at the way Rovio treats some of us, when there are obvious, massive Cheaters allowed to continue with impugnity. This “anti-cheat” system is beyond a joke, why even pretend at this stage? Do or do not, there is no try

DD
    @toolow

@pointless They are not trying to pretend; they just do.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@pointless @toolow
    Yoda would be very disappointed of their doing/trying :) They try to deal with cheaters but they do it with not much thinking :(

I made some arena coinflip statistics again :) I have registered my last 310 battles with this coinflip result (1 = coinflip won, 0 = coinflip lost):
    00010000000101000100011000100000101001100000000001 (12/50)
    11010101011010010001010001100110110001000001010000 (20/50)
    00000000001000100111000000010100000110000011000001 (12/50)
    11000101000001011000010001001111100001000011101101 (21/50)
    00011000101010000011110000001010101100111001101100 (21/50)
    00101001001010001100101011000010001100010011101010 (20/50)
    1010100001 (4/10)
    Overall: 310 battles-coinflips, only 110 coiflips won, 200 coinflips lost. Ratio 35,5% of coinflip winning in this 310 battles sample.

EDIT: Has ever Rovio to anyone said that the coinflip should be 50%?

DD
    @toolow

@kennymcc I believe they did. Then again, between bugs and additional decision ‘adjustments’ to ‘balance’ the game, can you trust them?

Seb
    @sebth

@toolow In which league are you ? Was it on Friday when you were labelled as cheater ?

DD
    @toolow

@sebth Platinum. I think so.

Buds
    @budstheawesome

Speaking of the horrendous anti-cheat system,
    I found someone on YouTube who’s managed to get impossible, million arena trophies. And the video shows them playing a bit, and they can just strip off the cheater label.
    And Rovio claims the Cheater tag means they’re gonna have their progress reset and all. What a load of baloney.

DD
    @toolow

@budstheawesome
    I didn’t even know that. And yet, I’m so guilty that warrant a data wipe. It’s really a sick joke, especially Rovio’s display of ignorance and arrogance. Now what is the incentive to staying honest? Eventually, Rovio is just pushing honest players to quit or cross over to the dark side.

Buds
    @budstheawesome

@toolow
    Honestly, with a hack that removes a hacker label, it’s probably going to get more common that hacks will be used. Rovio created a loophole with a bad idea.
    What they should’ve done, is not even have a cheater leaderboard. But just logs them out of their Rovio account. If the player wants their profile to be tested for a cheater, Rovio will do that. Then if they aren’t, they can log in again. If they are, Rovio can just delete the account’s progress.
    But what they mainly need is to use their brains. It’s clear they’ve been lacking them, because of how Evolution has turned out, as well as Epic.

DD
    @toolow

@budstheawesome
    Initially, I was hoping for a cheater-only leaderboard to keep cheaters away from honest players and rig it so that cheaters can never win. But after so many honest players ended up in cheater leaderboard, it seems like a distinctly bad idea. Ironically, I now favour a cheater leaderboard because at least mislabeled players get a chance to play, and may even have a better chance to clinching the top prize.

The problem of locking mislabeled players out is that they may ended up losing positions due to a competitive board. Deleting account progress is also a distinctly bad idea because some honest players such as @datguygamer did have their data wiped.

The bottom line is, you simply cannot save or fix a game with arrogant and incompetent stuff, regardless of the schemes they come up with. Well, may be with Angry Birds Devolution.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Finally I could finish the event without being labelled as cheater after 1 month of writing to Rovio about that. And I managed to hit the 1st place. Quite tough battle versus that Unnamed Player. I was long time on 2nd place, then I stroke hard and fast in last 15 min of the event. I burnt 20 Stamina potions and got 40 from the 1st place reward :) I also managed to play GCC twice, so I made 60 LCs in this event. I was lucky on the final reward wheel, I rolled the main reward with the first free roll :)

Suzy
    @suzyq

@kennymcc

Congrats you were lucky to have such an easy board. I came 5th with 97K.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Came 9th, so staying in Gold for yet another week. 1st place scored 44K yesterday and 57K today. Others were scoring in the 30K range as well, so I gave up.

I’m wondering whether to start playing on Wednesday or Thursday this week as double points finishes tomorrow and hope I get an easier board?

DD
    @toolow

@kennymcc
    Congrats! It’s about time reeling in the prizes. I presume you started 2-3 days late to land on an easier board, and hence, only 2 GCC battles.

@suzyq

It’s a shame with the new system that both arena and events become such a slog. Unfortunately, starting late may not guarantee you an easier board. I started at the end of day 1, but it’s hard work and my board wasn’t full on day 7. The only consolation is perhaps you may spend a lot less time to stay on a league. And even that is no guarantee. :(

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@suzyq
    As @toolow said I started the event later, but not only 2-3 days :) I started 4-5 days later :) So it was not easy to make the score over 100k. I had to roll 750 on all reward rolls, it cost me more than 100 FEs. I went that far due that Unnamed Player because he/she wanted to be 1st. I was playing the event last 4 days during the night also to not waste a single stamina point :) That was the main reason I was able to catch the Unnamed Player and overcome him/her at the very end :)

Btw. Have u noticed that the reward roll rolling is not random like many rolls in ABE? I usually never roll the main reward (750) on the first roll, I usually have to re-roll for the main reward 4-7 times and sometimes even more. It is a typical thinking of Rovio, to force players to burn as much FEs as possible to make players to pay for them :) We know who is the real cheater in this game – the creators!

Anonymous

Pretty intense battle for promotion to platinum this week. Pulled it out by the skin of my teeth:

IMG_1664.PNG

Pointless
    @pointless

@poptimus crazy…can’t get much closer. Well done!
    Finished second in Platinum myself (well, really third as I had @toolow in my bracket). Was contemplating a run for first, yet a few suspicious 10K jumps from #1 let me know there really wasn’t much point…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 11

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 540 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.