Arena mayhem

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena mayhem

• I might be a bit thick but if everyone gets double arena medals what’s the point ?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

There is no point. That’s the point.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Next week, they’ll make daily objectives worth half as much. :D

Anonymous

All this really does is make grinding more worth it. If your a grinder you’ll benefit from this. If you only play the arena to do the objectives like the majority of us, then the double points are pretty useless.

Pointless
    @pointless

Does feel like a jackpot to roll 520 medals from one single Platinum battle, however :)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Unfortunately everyone in my league wants to hit the jackpot. It’s just ridiculously competitive. This whole season has been like that add in the cheats and you just have to grind. I’m tired of it. Last week I had over 99,000 before mayhem. I added another 8 and still finished in second place with no cheats for the first time. Have one so far this week. It’s possible to make leaps with mayhem but not 40k in 15 minutes.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

I was wondering the same thing actually. For whatever reason though last week’s arena league was particularly tough (I couldn’t manage to reach all objectives each day, but perhaps I just didn’t spent much time playing anyway) and I’ve been demoted from Platinum back to Gold, where I’m languishing in 10th place at the moment.

If everyone gets double, what indeed is the point, but those that play religiously will indeed feel the benefit (as mentioned by @partshade above).

EnglishBreakfast
    @englishbreakfas

Yeah it’s pretty much useless for most people

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

It did sort of make a difference for me, at least for last week. I was barely in third place, nearly 15K behind the top two when the event started, which was 12 hours before the end of the league week. Thanks to the double points, I was able to grind almost 20K and finished in first place.

Of course, now that everyone’s taking advantage of the bonus whether they were paying attention or not, it looks like we’ll just be seeing some big point totals this week for everyone. For some reason the double points make the grind feel more rewarding, even though I know it’s not really giving me any advantage.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

My board is competitive but they are not grinding. I am 56K ahead of the 2nd placeholder and I am at 73K and this is only the 2nd day. I am gonna wreck havoc in my board at this rate.

Also, I am the only Level 41 in my board. Everyone else is at 50 and all the time I have to face teams 1500+ when I myself am at 1273. How exactly is that fair Rovio?

Maybe they did this to purposefully stop people from grinding too much? Ven then it feels cheap. Those teams are not hard but just troublesome as they are all Valiants and the Ai triggers a lot against me.

burbman
    @burbman

It did help me squeak into the top three last week, as I had missed an objective (five matildas with the blues) earlier in the week. I refuse to pay LC to play arena, and I lost my three daily battles before I had an opportunity to meet matilda enough times.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@burbman I used to hate that objective. I had to play a couple of hours to find enough Matilda’s. Now I am plagued by the Witch but in fairness I also play with her.

Daalvaal (Android)
    @daalvaal

I see a lock in my Arena Mayhem event picture, does this means the event is blocked somehow? Is it just me or all have this lock too?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@daalvaal I have that lock too. And this is not only for this mini-event, but for all. Every time one of these mini-events happen, you’ll always see a lock there. Why, I don’t know but you are not the only one. Also, that padlock doesn’t mean it’s locked, but rather that the event is activated and is currently the only the one active.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena mayhem

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.