Arena Bird Usage?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Arena Bird Usage?

• When battling in the arena, once the person you’re playing has used all their birds & you’re winning, do you have to finish using the rest of your birds for it to count as a win?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Aeshna
    @aeshna

No, but it’s better to use all you birds, as the greater margin in points between you and your opponent, leads to more stars being won, up to a maximum of 10.

(EDIT): I think, for every 200,000 points difference, you gain an extra star.

So 5 stars for win, and win by a margin of 1,000,000, receive another 5 stars.

I may be wrong on this!

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Also your play-through may get chosen as a competitor to someone else, so the bigger your score, the better. I have had the pleasure of retiring for the night with a certain number of stars only to return the following day to find that my play-through had won again, thus earning me more stars.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@andalaybay — Did you actually get a message saying that your play-through had won? How many stars did you get?

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

@mvnla2, nope, no message. I just noted how many stars I had before going to bed and then I had a bunch more when I returned the next day. It has happened a few times, although I’m not sure if it’s happened recently. I stopped noting my stars, so I can’t say if I’ve collected any while offline or not. It’s just the usual star rewards. I would guess that your play-through would only be used once or twice at most.

I had a couple of good play-throughs today, so I’ll see if I gain any overnight.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@andalaybay

@mvnla2

Hi.
    This is new to me!
    Will check this out.
    But I know you get stars by going through normal levels you have NOT played before.

Kind regards.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Yes, I know you get stars from map levels you haven’t played before. You also get stars if you’ve played a map level but improve on your previous performance. For example, if you got two stars previously and you get three stars. You will gain one star. Why does the arena behaviour surprise you? I played another player in my league once and lost. He gained the stars from our battle.

@aeshna
    (EDIT): I think, for every 200,000 points difference, you gain an extra star.

So 5 stars for win, and win by a margin of 1,000,000, receive another 5 stars.

I may be wrong on this!

This is not correct. You get 1 star for each 20% more score you beaten your opponent with, up to 10 stars.

If your opponent got 100 points and you got 140 points then you get 7 stars. 5 for the victory and 2 for the 40% more score than your oppnoent.

@andalaybay

You do not get any stars from your replays victories. You might have turned of you game before the star gaining animation is played when returning to the nest or the world map after a successful arena or level session.
    If so, then the game remembers this when you start it again and gives you the correct star amount from your last game.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

There is no animation involved. I’ll keep an eye on my scores and will provide a screenshot if it happens again.

ubermom
    @ubermom

Thanks for the great tips everyone! I’d just noticed when I stopped one game I was winning & the other player was done, when I hit the “pause/quit” button, I saw no stars rewarded. Seems a waste to use any spells if you’ve already won so that they can saved to use against a higher ranking battle competitor… But, I get now why the play through is more important. I got 9 stars in a battle earlier… ?

ubermom
    @ubermom

Oh! Has anyone else gone back through the lower levels of AB2 to increase their scores? The scoring’s so much higher with these past few upgrades that I started back on the first level & worked my way through to bring all scores over a million points each… Good way to waste time while waiting for a Dr’s appt or a repairman who you’ve been given a timeframe of their arriving between 8:30am & 5:00pm!!! Haha!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Arena Bird Usage?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.