Arena Battles becoming IMPOSSIBLE to win!!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Battles becoming IMPOSSIBLE to win!!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 106 total)
  • Replies
  • laura118b
    @laura118b

@lbtommy11. No offence there dude, but what did you expect when you hit level 41? Yes, everyone in your opponent pool will also be a 41. And the scores you describe aren’t high at all, on my board the top 3 of us were sitting around 24,000 and I got stuck in wood thanks to double Seadog. Of course, we’ve also been pleasantly pushing each other. I’ll move to first by under 100 points, then be overtaken by under 100. This week is the most fun I’ve had in the arena since it started.

lbtommy
    @lbtommy11

I just got beat by level 5 birds with a 41 flag. Literally, in 3 turns. Explain how that isnt cheating. I used all level 8’s!! Previously, with far fewer experience points, i was able to make it to diamond league. How is it that now, all of a sudden, to make it out of the lowest league, you have to be a 39 or higher? And, whos to say that, like me, those people earned their levels legitimately by beating the game and all the caves? Even going back and redoing levels where i only recieved 3 stars…They need to go back to the way it was where you could be any level and compete and win. Its a GAME..,,what haopened to the fun in it?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Any team can easily lose in 3 turns if you aren’t using good items. I can beat weak opponents in 2 turns.

It is a lot easier to make it to the diamond league when you are low level simply because there isn’t much competition. I’d guess that the majority of players in the arena are level 41 and many of them have been level 41 for a long time so they’ve acquired very good items.

If you are losing to significantly lower ranked birds, then either your strategy isn’t very good or you don’t have good items or a little bit of both.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

@lbtommy11–When the arena first started I was at level 41 and my birds were around level 8. I didn’t have a lot in the way of set items and I quickly learned that I needed to check the banner and stats of every opponent before deciding if I wanted to engage in a battle. It was a big learning experience for me, as I lost to opponents I thought I should be able to beat. It took me the full 14 weeks but I made it to Diamond, without any cheating or exploits. The only actual purchase I made was for Seadog and I still don’t own Thunderbird.

What I did do was play consistently for long periods of time, either grinding out battles with opponents I was sure I could beat, or at Star a Reef Castle to gain snoutlings and mastery. I bought every bit of mastery at the dojo every chance I had. I used LC during Rainbow Riot and I just played as much as I could.

That is really what it takes, if you don’t have a lot of set items or mastery but are encountering other level 41 opponents. You just have to build up your birds and work for set items to make your team a stronger level 41 team.

I fully agree with what @mimi27 said.

You can complain about meeting stronger teams and competing against rank 10 birds and I do agree that lining up rank 10 birds against a rank 5 team is not well balanced.

Then again, all the gear and ranks are the result of ridiculously hard work. I’ve spent waaaaayyy too much time on this game grinding away on Star reef castle and collecting lc’s to get everything maxed out (half year or so). You simply can’t expect to play this game for a month or two and get the highest levels just like that.

With enough effort, patience and time, most will be able to reach diamond. When your board is too hard, just play to prevent a degradation. The next week your board will look different with new chances. You have many weeks to go and you should not need to win each week. Leave that to the kids with too much time on their hands.

Josh
    @jmrexhau

I have level 41 birds class 6 and keep getting matched up with class 8-10. I don’t understand the reason for matching me up against only higher class birds, why do they get the break of being matched up with lower class. With this wave of arena, I find the difference between me getting three stars and losing is the coin flip. That is ridiculous. I admit I do not have banner set items yet, but I don’t want to waste LC while in the stone league. About the only battles I win are when I get three class 1-2 birds for some weird reason, but those haven’t happened since wood last week.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@jmrexhau — I was in your position at the beginning of season one. My strategy was to farm snouts at SRC with the birds I used the most in the arena, make every visit to the dojo and buy every offering available. You need to rank up. You must also choose your opponents very carefully. You can start an un-ranked battle with one of your friends or mccool and then quit to skip a team you don’t want to play. As the weeks go on the more competitive players will move up ahead of you, be patient, 12 weeks is a long time. Finally you will almost certainly receive one set piece on a free roll eventually, I made it all the way to Platinum with a wood league blessed blanket.

Josh
    @jmrexhau

I have been doing what you said for the past month and I am at level 6, but most should be at 7 soon especially with the new event this weekend. I got to gold league the first time and every time I use free rolls now, I get banner items 3-800 worse than what I have. I have been choosing battles carefully, I am just sick of restarting or fake battling piggy 40-50 times to get one battle I can win. Seriously I had one battle against two 5s and a 6 with my three 6s. They went first and I lost with one hit left on their banner. I am nearly fed up to the point of forgetting arena because it is not fun, it is tedious. My priorities are now golden coins to try to get my last set item – steel force, golden coins to dojo up to level 10 (currently snouting slowly to level 7), events, then maybe if I feel like it arena.

Seriously, if you can be matched up in arena with a group who can take a bird out in the first turn without critical strikes then the arena is broken and needs to be fixed. That is too much for a player to overcome and therefore becomes dependent on the coin toss. They should look at the data (I’m sure they have it) just like the NFL on overtime coin toss. I would bet the winner of the coin toss with evenly matched teams wins more than 75% of the time.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@jmrexhau — Do you have the golden chilli? I spent the first few weeks of season one without it (sucked). Having it can help to even out a lost coin toss. I also became tired of the snoutling pace at the dojo and used LC to push things along once most of my birds reached rank 8 or so.

Even now I find the arena tiring at times. Unlike farming resources, experience, or snouts there is no real reward for the amount of grinding required to advance most weeks. If it isn’t fun don’t do it.

The arena isn’t impossible; you will sometimes find that some teams will easily overpower you just by going first. The golden chili and the Emblem of the Underdog, with any surviving birds, should work on the enemy team after they attack.

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

Today is the day I finally give up on arena. The purpose of a video game is entertainment, and the frustration that the arena is starting to cause is not worth it anymore. I’m level 36, diamond league (or whatever it’s called), and I can no longer use the Golden Pig Machine to get new set items (mine are all about 7 levels old now, so I’d like better ones), because every day, I need to spend 20 coins (which are outrageously expensive) to revive my birds. They give stupid daily challenges that you need to win just to have a chance to advance (use two useless bird classes at the same time, kill 3 birds with one attack, but Chuck’s rage ability doesn’t count, etc.). I just lost 6 battles in a row. I play vs players that are several levels below me, yet somehow they have 500+ health more per bird, and are doing over 100 more damage than I am. Then suddenly I’ll play someone with a higher level, but their entire team has practically no health. Oh, and if you’re going to use a coin toss for the starting turn animation, you should have a 50/50 chance. If not, find something that actually makes sense.

Before the last update, this game was fun. Granted, the computer was pretty stupid, but it worked. Once you figured out a team that you liked, you could reliably win. Now they computer gets the first turn at least 65% of the time, and is actually smart, which is totally necessary since somehow all of the other players are already way more powerful than me, despite the lower level. I won’t spend my time trying to come up with some team that works when the computer is that much more powerful.

And then after all of this, I have to spend 20 coins to get my birds back? Is that a joke? You know what in-app purchases should do? They should save you time. A game should not be any harder to complete without paying money, it should just take longer. I’ve given Epic more than enough of my money over the years, but all of the bugs that are in this game and the fact that it’s becoming less entertaining and more frustrating day by day is not the way to make me spend more (and I won’t). So 20 coins to get your birds back, and the fastest you can get coins (not counting the hilarious +3 for gaining a level) is 28 from the Golden Pig levels. And after all of this, competing in the tournament doesn’t help you in the main game at all.

The idea of the arena is cool, but it’s been nothing but problems since day 1 (even when I could actually complete the daily challenges without too much of an issue, except for having to revive maybe once ever few days). I’m going back to saving my coins for the Golden Pig Machine. If the game doesn’t become more entertaining, I might just uninstall all-together. It’s too bad. I think Epic was one of the best mobile games I’ve played, but it’s clear that Rovio isn’t what it used to be since Angry Birds is no longer the most popular mobile game, and they’re trying to get money out of their games with the most replay value (Friends tournaments and Epic; I don’t know about Go, I’ve never tried it).

mk
    @mommakatt

I’m cranky about the fact that you have to spend $$$ on coins to complete the objectives be if you ask me. Thunderbird is expensive

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Arena Battles should probably not be level matched. After all, it’s not like Arena matches on mastery or team power. So why should it match on level?

Instead, the league should provide all the matching required. That is, anybody in Wood can be matched with anybody else in Wood, regardless of level.

If a low level player can reach Diamond against the field of other Diamond players, then that’s great, they deserve it. But if they are low level and only reach Diamond because they only play other low level players (with generally low mastery), then that’s not the same challenge as a 45-50 making Diamond against 11s and 12s.

angryde
    @angryde

Wow, I really don’t have anything to complain about! I’m 50/10 (almost 11) in all non-LC-purchasable classes with sub-lvl-50/52 weapon sets + sub-max diamond level tops/banners/emblems and don’t have any trouble advancing in the arena… and I barely need to grind. Sure, I’ve been unable to advance – or have been demoted – a few times… but only a few times across all 3 and a bit seasons. Case in point – this week’s board is practically DEAD!

S-IV W-3 H-66

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

I am the B0$$ of my arena. Banner is down in 3-4 hits with my birds, harmful affects blocked by immunity.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

You guys got a lucky board. My board has 8th place with 11,470 – all clustered pretty tight.

Chang Yih Toh
    @chang-yih-toh

Mine worse. My birds master classes are 5 and 6.

Birdbasher
    @simonious

All the time. I hate the fact that just because I am a level 50 but my birds are level 7 and 8s, because I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on the game, that I am constantly playing players with all level 12 birds. Winning a game with 3 stars is just a memory for me now.

angryde
    @angryde

@simonious I know, it’s frustrating. I’m 50/10 (almost 50/11) all classes (I don’t have any of the LC purchasable classes) and I often struggle to meet my daily objectives. However, with clever tactical play it is possible to advance. I just graduated to diamond. However, I can imagine how frustrating it would be playing with 7/8 classes. I’ve never spent any RW$ on the game… but I spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours grinding my classes up to 10 in SRC and elsewhere. Urgh.

Chang Yih Toh
    @chang-yih-toh

I agree with you all. I want to win and want enemy birds to lose. How to do it?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Pretty easy – grind your bird levels up, and have the coins to buy upgrades. If you can get your birds to Mastery 12, that will make Arena a lot easier.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Well this sucks. “Win 5 battles using Rainbird”.

It’s not easy finding enemy teams without Mana set… >:(

OTOH, at least Venomous isn’t my primary team. :D

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist re: “OTOH, at least Venomous isn’t my primary team. :D”

You don’t have to sound so damn HAPPY about it!!! Lol :-P

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I wasn’t happy at all! My Rainbird, Druid & Rogues are a 10-10-10 team, which is kinda weak in the current Arena. After losing 2 fights trying to run full Venomous, I went back in with Sea Dog & Spies and just beat things to death.

Trying to run Venomous, I’m wondering if maybe I should prioritize another team to get to 12. Maybe a Paladin Sweet heals team. Or a Nightmare Titan Stun team. Hmm.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist I know what you mean, buddy. I’m using a 11-11-11 Venomous team with a 47-Blessed Blanket, a 52-Blessed Idol, and a 52-Resiliance emblem… (all birds using the ‘standard’ Venomous epic sets with said items at either 47/52)… and I often struggle with really overpowered, super-offensive teams. Add Chuck’s ‘Mana’ set/immunities to the mix and I find that I’m rebooting for newly randomized opponents far more often than I’d like… oh well :-( I’m really trying to get my head around the Samurai/Wizard/Spies + one of the damage amplifying top/banner/emblem combos… but it’s slow work… mastering new tactics, etc. I’ve used that combo for many months to clear various objectives but, still, not a fan. Lol.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Battles becoming IMPOSSIBLE to win!!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.