Arena Battles becoming IMPOSSIBLE to win!!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Battles becoming IMPOSSIBLE to win!!

• Since this second round of league battles has started, we’ve gone through one week. Today was the start of a new league (stone league if you made it out if wood). Today’s objectives include one of my least favorite, knick out 3 birds at once. The objectives havent even been out for a full day and the top 3 in league have scores in the 12000’s’s! In a majority of ny battles, the opponent can kill me with 1 hit! Im a level 41 with no bird class under 8. Wtf is going on?!?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 106 total)
  • Replies
  • firedragon
    @mingkee27

Here is a solution:
    Red/Paladin
    Bomb/Captain
    Blue Trio/Skulkers
    Use tricky trick on Blue Trio to lower all enemies’ and buff your Bomb, and…explode!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@lbtommy11 It sounds like you need better defensive equipment or need to use birds with more health like Red, Bomb and Matilda. Chuck has the least health and Blues is almost as weak as Chuck. However a high level Plushies for Blues cures the low health problem. Also use the Underdog or Vengence emblems if you have those. Banner set items like the blessed idol, blessed blanket and frozen hide will help a lot too, but if you don’t have those consider using items like a sweet or vigor flag or a top with hocus pokus.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@killerkea I disagree. My Matilda has got the second lowest score and My blues are second ex-aequo with Bomb…

RuCustum
    @rucustum

I’ve noticed that players have scores in the 12k range after 1 day of league play. How is this possible? you get approx 5500 for the challenges, and I average at most 1k extra while getting the challenges complete.

I made it to stone league after the first week, but am now competing against everyone that looks like they made Diamond League during the last season.

Puzzled
    @puzzled

I agree it is definitely harder to win than on the first round of arena battles. The ratings and equipment of the opponents has greatly increased. I am now seeing opponents with all 10-ranked birds, all with matching set items, and banners and emblems (purple and retaliate, for example) showing they have been in diamond league. Can’t beat that.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

I am getting 10 ranked birds more often too. my highest bird is 8, with my lowest being 6. I don’t even try to go against the level 10 ones. It gets annoying having to reset ABE!

burbman
    @burbman

@lbtommy11 @rucustum @puzzled – it is fairly easy to get a new opponent in arena if you feel you are being matched up with one that is out of your league. Just check the stats of the proposed opponent, if too hard, go back to the arena home and start an unranked battle against Piggy McCool. No need to finish that battle, just cancel after it starts, and the game will set you up with a different opponent in the ranked battles. Repeat as needed.

12,000 points in a day is pretty good, but by no means impossible, especially with the first day being on a weekend for the US players.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

@burbman, thanks for the info, didn’t realize you could do that.

I read in a different forum that depending on location/time, 12K isn’t out of the ordinary.

Eric OG
    @ericog

I’ve posted this elsewhere, but the leader on my board scored 11,000 within the first hour (about 5000 of that went up in less than a minute), and is now well over 30,000 on day 2. Clearly a cheater.

Also, I’ve often had the problem of the game shutting me down after I’ve racked up a few hundred points in a run. I have all level 10 birds and an adequate banner, but sometimes it is as though the game decides I’m done: three times in a row I’ll loose the coin flip, my birds will get wiped out in two turns, and my banner taken down in one or two more turns while I look on. It just happened again tonight, and this time I was taken down by a team of level 7 birds. I have no screenshot to prove it but I’m convinced they were dealing more damage than their specs allowed. If this is the game cheating it’s a great way to force players to spend LC’s in order to stay in the running.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

I fail to see why someone should be called a cheater if he has a score like 12k+ during the 2nd day of the week.
    Every day you get 1000+1500+3000 points from the daily objectives, so in two days it’s 11k already whitout taking into account the points you gain, after the battles, from the rolls.
    Honestly, I always try to win with a 3-stars result, and if I get shitty rolls, I’d just re-roll with friendship essences so that I can get 50 points (atleast, in wood league) per win, so with 10 wins, you get atleast 500 points more already.
    Every battle lasts something around 1-2 minutes, so it’s not that time consuming and it’s very easy to farm some more points on top the ones you gain from the daily objectives.

Also, I want to note that having someone in your league, doing a jump of 4-5k points in some minutes, it doesn’t necessary mean he is cheating, he could have just completed multiple daily objectives at once (like I often experienced myself).

It’s ok to keep an eye on possible cheaters, but please, refrain to start a witch hunt on legit players too.

(I’m not pointing it out to any of you in particular, but I’ve been reading the same stuff over and over again and I think it’s time to make things clearer for everyone)

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@ryogokusama — Well said. It’s often easy to call someone a cheater when they are simply outplaying you.

On my board this week is a ten year old girl who is kicking all of our butts and taking the names. Under other circumstances some might be inclined to cry foul, but the reality is no one is going to match the amount of free time a kid has on spring break other than another kid who’s also on break.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

In the Wood or Stone league it is impossible to gain 11-12K in less than an hour without doing something like resetting your objectives. Let’s say you can earn 75 pts a minute which is the max for Wood. I doubt anyone can do this consistently even with unlimited essence because I doubt anyone can play that fast. You’d only be earning 4500 pts/hr add the 5500 from the bonuses and that ony equals 10K. Also it is a little suspicious when I see someone who started the day with under 9K and gets to 15K and in less than 10 minutes I see the score jump to 19K. Of course it is possible for the person to have failed to complete objectives for 6000+ pts, but it is suspicious. You might purposely fail to complete objectives on the last day or two, but not on the second day.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Yes jumps of several thousand in a short amount of time are surely a dead give away of something awry. But keep in mind that server updates of the boards might be spotty leading to jumpy scores.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

It’s ok to be suspicious when something looks a little off, but there are lot more things we don’t know for certain while playing this game and we should be careful before calling out people (not in this topic, but I’ve seen a lot of legit players being called out on other places)

For example, I have 2 IRL friends playing this game, and I’ve experienced myself seeing them jump from a score to another one suddenly, for something like 4-5-6k points more with no daily objectives completition taken into account. This happened before I added them in my in-game friend list (now it looks like we can’t be on the same leagueboard anymore) and I know for sure they didn’t cheat or something like that, because they barely know how to turn on/off their devices :D (not really like this obviously, but close to that level) and if I didn’t know them I could’ve been suspicious too, so I get your point.
    Still, there arere a lot of players over exaggerating some circumstances, resulting in an inaccurate way to spot real cheaters and starting to disrespect whoever has a higher score than you, and I think this shouldn’t happen.

lbtommy
    @lbtommy11

Ive noticed, in my league, the top 3 have scores of 25,000 or higher. No one should be scoring that high! Its only the beginning of day 3! The max points is 135 in stone league. I JUST became level 41 before the new week started. Now, ive noticed EVERYONE in my league is a level 41. 95% of the battles i get are level 41s with birds that are all 10s. It like i got stuck in a league of cheaters. I get 1 coin toss in my favor out of every 10. Literally 1! I have yet to hit a max points on a wheel spin. Like, wtf is going on here? Its made a game (which by definition is supposed to be fun) seem shady and un-fun. Ps…does anyone from Rovio even read this?

burbman
    @burbman

@lbtommy11 – you just described me perfectly, and I DO NOT CHEAT…

Only the top 20% of players moved up from wood into stone league. You have to expect those players to be better equipped, and probably willing to spend more time playing the game.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Screenshot_2015-03-31-18-02-48.png

@lbtommy11
    does your board look like this. I guarantee its all legit. Its only going to get tougher as it goes. Suck it up.

Stubby
    @karnov

My 3,000 point objective today is impossible. “Win arena battles and knock out 3 birds while they are attacking your banner”.

Based on my trying to do this you really do need to knock out an enemy bird while it is attacking your banner, three times during one battle, for it to count toward your objective. You have to do this 3 times.

I’ve tried a variety of combinations but I’m lucky if I can get one bird knocked out this way in a battle, let alone three and then win the fight.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Defensive knock out?

@karnov
    there’s a thread for this one and another thread for general objective help.

Stubby
    @karnov

Thanks @tigerussell that thread escaped my attention and it was very useful.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@karnov With the right bird selection it is very easy to do it 3 times in one battle, but you don’t have to do it in one battle. You can do it in 3 battles if you like.

Puzzled
    @puzzled

Agree with @killerkea, using thorns on the banner and birds that have support skills that do damage to attackers – mage’s shock shield, thunderbird, cannoneer, rogue. Then get the enemy to attack your banner – Princess, for example.

Logan
    @ryupower87

Am I the only one that have crash problems with the arena after the last update?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The recent update seems less stable to me, but not drastically so. I lose almost 1 battle/day because it will abort me to the desktop when I try to start a battle sometimes. I hate the bug where the screen is blank and all you see is a bird shaped dot in the center of it. That also happens to me nearly once/day, but you can do everything blind and win the battle, but it takes me ten times as long to play that type of battle. I also have a problem where my birds sometimes get stunned when they attack and the is no knock-out emblem or enemy bird with energize.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Recently I quit playing tournament because it’s getting too boring, and the grinding isn’t fun at all (you may see “VenomTeamIsFun” on the scoreboard with only 6-7K).
    Fortunately, a new class for Red is coming or I will retire the game for good.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Battles becoming IMPOSSIBLE to win!!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.